Local Firefighter Killed in Hunting Accident

A pair of local communities are mourning the loss of a firefighter who was killed over the weekend in an off-duty hunting accident, Fox 8 News reports. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
DANA MACKELL

Cleveland, OH

#1 Apr 19, 2010
He was my sons baseball coach and he was always willing to go out of his way to help out the kids on the team. My thoughts and prayers go out to Ty Marlin and his family.
Dana, Jeff, and James Mackell
The Radic Family

Westlake, OH

#2 Apr 19, 2010
Ty was also our coach. We are so sorry for your loss. Prayers to you all.

Tracy Terranova, Kellie, Jeremy, and Justin Radic
Kelly Bennett

Marietta, GA

#3 Apr 19, 2010
Ty was my cousins step dad. He was a great man who will be missed by us all. My prayers and thoughts go out to my cousins and their family.
Mary Graves

Akron, OH

#4 Apr 19, 2010
My deepest sympathies go out to the family....these people are personal friends of mine, and Ty will be dearly missed...May God be with the family...
urcrazy

Solon, OH

#5 Apr 19, 2010
My thoughts & prayers with allthe family & friends. Sad to die that way when he put his life in danger on a daily basis.
The Wisniewski Family

Los Angeles, CA

#6 Apr 19, 2010
Please know that your family is in our thoughts & prayers. Ty was a great person, my son looked up to him. He will be truly missed.
CRL

Ashtabula, OH

#7 Apr 19, 2010
This is why "children" should not be hunting, they don't need to know how to shoot a gun and kill an animal at that age. Now a man is gone and that boy will never be the same, cause they had to hunt. unreal..I can't believe the mother let her husband take her sons hunting. i would't allow it. why would you want your little boys killing animals.
DALE JR

Painesville, OH

#8 Apr 19, 2010
wow thats terrible.
cannot believe that could happen!
send regards to the family,
and pray for better comings!
Raid

Maple Heights, OH

#9 Apr 19, 2010
How tragic. Prayers to the family. God help that boy to understand it was an accident and not carry guilt for the rest of his life.
Mandy

Erie, PA

#10 Apr 19, 2010
Our entire family would like extend our condolences to the family of Mr. Marlin. Coming from a family who hunts together with our children regularly this is very hard to hear about. We all know the risks we take when we go into the field, no matter what the age of the hunter, accidents can and do happen sometimes. God Bless.
The Manhard Family

Cleveland, OH

#11 Apr 19, 2010
Ty and his family have been in our baseball family for years. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Marlin family.

Since: Sep 09

Cleveland, OH

#12 Apr 19, 2010
What a terrible tragedy, I am so sorry, and my thoughts and prayers are for this family and the son who will carry this burden; how awful and I pray he will be alright. So sorry..
LOL

United States

#13 Apr 19, 2010
What a terrible accident;when will people ever learn about guns and gun safety;if there is such a thing;I feel for the young man;what a terrible thing to live with I just can;t imagine........
A friend

North Olmsted, OH

#14 Apr 19, 2010
CRL wrote:
This is why "children" should not be hunting, they don't need to know how to shoot a gun and kill an animal at that age. Now a man is gone and that boy will never be the same, cause they had to hunt. unreal..I can't believe the mother let her husband take her sons hunting. i would't allow it. why would you want your little boys killing animals.
Lay off the mother! She is someone I work with and I cannot imagine the hell she is going through right now as it is. What happened is a tragedy and your comments about whether or not children should hunt are not appropriate. Show a little bit of sympathy!! Would you want someone to be saying things like you have said if something about your family?
A friend

North Olmsted, OH

#15 Apr 19, 2010
I meant to say if something like this happened with your family.
Reeta

Hudson, OH

#16 Apr 19, 2010
CRL wrote:
You are an idiot! Why would you post a cruel comment like that when there is a family, two communities and friends grieving right now. Don't let the kids touch glass - it might break; don't ride in a car - it might wreck; don't use a knife - it might slip; don't play sports - they might get hurt and the list goes on. If you can't express compassion, keep your mouth shut!

Since: Aug 09

Uniontown, OH

#17 Apr 19, 2010
My thoughts and prayers go to the family. I will say a special prayer for the young man, and ask God to send the angels to surround them all.
MEG

Medina, OH

#18 Apr 19, 2010
What a horribly tragic accident. I feel so sorry for the family, but more so for the teen son who will carry so much guilt with him for the rest of his life. I hope that he will open himself up to realize that it was a horrible, horrible accident. One thing is for sure, I am almost certain neither of those boys will touch a gun ever again... Not only did this man's wife lose her husband, but she, in some ways, has lost the son she knew. May God be with them all and grant them the strength to get through all of this.
Dolfan Annie

Eastlake, OH

#19 Apr 19, 2010
Such a sad story....My heart goes out to the family.
brandi

Wadsworth, OH

#20 Apr 19, 2010
so very sorry for your loss, and the poor boy, thoughts and prayers for everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Twinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Screen Name White Cop Dec 18 lawlz the troll 9
Steelworkers on strike at Rotek Inc. in Aurora (Jan '13) Nov '14 see ya 4,669
Greg (Ziggy) Zigmont R.I.P. Nov '14 Sammie 1
Is There a God? Oct '14 debuttlover14 1
Empire Die Casting Co., Inc. pursuit of ISO 140... (Nov '09) Oct '14 Peggy Pines 12
Shaker Day Camp (Jun '09) Sep '14 Kay 24
Loyal fans of Solon Comets trek west to Strongs... Sep '14 Scott 1
Twinsburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Twinsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Twinsburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Twinsburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:46 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 5:46PM
Packers, Steelers and Cowboys head to playoffs
Bleacher Report 5:51 PM
Source: Browns Think Manziel Has Grade 2 Hamstring Strain
Yahoo! Sports 7:07 PM
NFL Winners and Losers: These consistent Steelers could be dangerous
Bleacher Report 7:36 PM
Bengals vs. Steelers Flexed to 'Sunday Night Football' in Week 17
Bleacher Report 7:49 PM
How Far Can Steelers' Big Three Carry Them?