TWINSBURG OFFICER JOSH MIKTARIAN MURD...

TWINSBURG OFFICER JOSH MIKTARIAN MURDER TRIAL: Jury to Begin Delibe...

There are 449 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Jun 2, 2010, titled TWINSBURG OFFICER JOSH MIKTARIAN MURDER TRIAL: Jury to Begin Delibe.... In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

AKRON, Ohio - Closing arguments were presented Wednesday by both sides in the murder trial of Ashford Thompson, the man charged with killing Twinsburg Police Officer Joshua Miktarian.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

DieThompson

Smyrna, TN

#22 Jun 2, 2010
fly15 wrote:
Po, po Vell -- dem po-lice be beating on da black man again. Move back to the jungle and the
po-lice there might treat you better
Sick and tired of the 'its cuz i'm black' what crap. those days are long gone, quit using the race card. you have nuthin else so you scrape that ol crap again. if u all werent such losers you wouldnt have problems with the police in the first place. get a life.
Being Real

Kent, OH

#23 Jun 2, 2010
Okay Vell...Really? Let's be real! Why does every black person that get's his/herself in these kind of situations refer to the "it's because I'm BLACK" excuse??? Regardless if Thompson was black or white....what he did was terribly WRONG and he needs to pay the consequences for his actions! I'm just tired of hearing the race excuse...why cant we (I say we because I am also an African American) just take responsibility for our actions and quit making every black person seem like an untameable, ignorant, disrespectful, and unlawful person who commit these henious crimes and then cry the "it's because I'm black" scapegoat clause whenever they get THEMSELVES in trouble. Ashford Thompson shot and killed a police officer without a justified reason. If it was my son, I would say the same thing. We can't make excuses for people's actions that are clearly wrong. Yes, police brutality and racial profiling does exist, not denying, but why is that our excuse for breaking the law and doing stupid things? Let's have enough respect and dignity ourselves to be men and woman with a mind to think intelligently and rationally. The race thing is getting old. Stop giving the cops reasons to even have contact with you in the first place...abide by the law! Respect? You gain respect by first being a respectable person...that goes for anyone...black or white. No one deserves to be killed! I am praying for the family of the fallen officer...Thompson family, I am praying for Ashford as well, God have mercy.

I am a cop myself...And black. Would it have been different if I was the one shot and killed? Would the same excuse be used? Let's be Real!
Twinsburg

Cleveland, OH

#24 Jun 2, 2010
You say he was defending himself--- DID he have to shoot someone 5 more times to defend himself- who does this- What if the police officer was AFRICAN AMERICAN- then it would be wrong to shoot him "6TIMES" tell us that--- and as far as him protecting his girlfriend- SHE IS JUST AS GUILTY- She could have ran-Instead she goes with him to Bedford and helps him attempt to take the cuffs off- The death penalty is even to good for him-
Vell wrote:
These officers now days don’t respect us (civilians) what so ever, so why should he (Ashford) had respected him? They walk around with there chest all out just because they wear a stupid badge and we don’t. If that is what happen the night of July 13 “ The officer telling him that he should rip his stereo out, putting hand cuffs on him just for loud music and slamming him to the patrol car” then I hate to say Ashford needed to protect himself and his girlfriend! These officers need to start treating people like humans and not like animals. Twinsburg cops are also know for treating African Americans in the worst way.
WE BLEED RED JUST LIKE YOU AND YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN US CIVILIANS
Twinsburg

Cleveland, OH

#25 Jun 2, 2010
WELL SAID
Twinsburg Resident wrote:
I live less than a mile from where Officer Miktarian was murdered. For years, my family has endured loud music coming from the vehicle of Ashford Thompson. Did the jury hear how many times he had been pulled over by police, how many times he was driving under the influence, and how many times HE was rude to police? Let's keep that in mind when you read the articles here. This was not a random stop. It was business as usual with Twinsburg Police and the Thompson man. His girlfriend is not credible, also with the same criminal background. Officer Miktarian did not have the opportunity to dispatch his canine because Thompson acted fast and with intent to kill. Yes, two families have been torn apart here, and so have the lives of the many residents of Twinsburg who have not had closure in two years because this criminal has been milking the judicial system!!
Being Real

Kent, OH

#26 Jun 2, 2010
DieThompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sick and tired of the 'its cuz i'm black' what crap. those days are long gone, quit using the race card. you have nuthin else so you scrape that ol crap again. if u all werent such losers you wouldnt have problems with the police in the first place. get a life.
Yes, this is a lame excuse...but not all black people are losers...I don't think general comments like that are neccessary. Ashford Thompson's actions are unexcusable, but he does not represent the entire African American population.
OMG

Cleveland, OH

#27 Jun 2, 2010
DieThompson wrote:
He deserves to die miserably and his miserable girlfriend who lied like a dog should go with him. he needs to know the fear of dying, but he also needs to feel the misery of prison life and live as the prison beyach for a while too. can't wait to see this bas*turd die. That officer and his family deserves justice finally. This murderer has never shown one ounce of being sorry. He smiles in the courtroomm as if he is proud. dude isnt sorry and is a piece of dog s*it.
He's already crying like a little girl because he say's "jail is hard, they took my blanket and pick on me". He was all tough when he took his gun out and killed a cop though wasn't he? He thinks jail was hard wait until he gets a taste of prison. I pray he cries himself to sleep each night.
typicalwhat

Lakewood, OH

#28 Jun 2, 2010
Whatever wrote:
Sorry folks, but Ashford Thompson is a typical ******. And the others, who are just like him, will defend him.**** see-**** do!
You needs to learn how to spell or keep your comments to yourself.
Keep It Real

Cleveland, OH

#29 Jun 2, 2010
Response to"Twinsburg Resident
"How do you know the loud music "your family endured" was from Ashford Thompson's car ? Let me guess, just like most of the articles you are referring to, this is an assumption. Wow LOUD MUSIC! If that is something you consider ENDURING then your life is about as unrealistic as the picture that was painted of this young man. You have no right to even use the word endure. Countless people play loud music. Male, female, old, young, and of every race, yes and in Twinsburg.If playing LOUD MUSIC is all you can talk about in the neighborhood then you need to get out more often. Also "business as usual" for the "Thompson man" involved nurturing and saving lives on the daily basis.As for closure for the residents of Twinsburg, some of us who don't look at life with rose tinted glasses,we will not have closure because we all know that officer Miktarian had to have gone beyond his call of duty in that young man's driveway for this to have gone so very wrong. You said it yourself "business as usual" well, he should have been given one more ticket. Obviously no other stop with respectful officer's ended like this. Articles also reflect he was a nurse, and had a CCW permit NO CRIMINAL could have been approved for either. No one is perfect not Thompson or the officer keep that in mind,also not only have most of us not been in this situation so we don't know what we would have done if our lives were threatened in our OWN DRIVEWAYS.Think before you speak. Some of us are sick of ENDURING one-sided ignorance. What the community should be asking is how our finest could be on patrol without the backup of a proper working dash camera. Every other traffic stop on the news gives the public a clear view of what REALLY HAPPENED. You also stated this was not a "Random Stop" unless the officer had plans on meeting Thompson at his house that night, what else could it have been?

“Perfect? NO. Forgiven? YES!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#30 Jun 2, 2010
Keep It Real wrote:
Response to"Twinsburg Resident
"How do you know the loud music "your family endured" was from Ashford Thompson's car ? Let me guess, just like most of the articles you are referring to, this is an assumption. Wow LOUD MUSIC! If that is something you consider ENDURING then your life is about as unrealistic as the picture that was painted of this young man. You have no right to even use the word endure. Countless people play loud music. Male, female, old, young, and of every race, yes and in Twinsburg.If playing LOUD MUSIC is all you can talk about in the neighborhood then you need to get out more often. Also "business as usual" for the "Thompson man" involved nurturing and saving lives on the daily basis.As for closure for the residents of Twinsburg, some of us who don't look at life with rose tinted glasses,we will not have closure because we all know that officer Miktarian had to have gone beyond his call of duty in that young man's driveway for this to have gone so very wrong. You said it yourself "business as usual" well, he should have been given one more ticket. Obviously no other stop with respectful officer's ended like this. Articles also reflect he was a nurse, and had a CCW permit NO CRIMINAL could have been approved for either. No one is perfect not Thompson or the officer keep that in mind,also not only have most of us not been in this situation so we don't know what we would have done if our lives were threatened in our OWN DRIVEWAYS.Think before you speak. Some of us are sick of ENDURING one-sided ignorance. What the community should be asking is how our finest could be on patrol without the backup of a proper working dash camera. Every other traffic stop on the news gives the public a clear view of what REALLY HAPPENED. You also stated this was not a "Random Stop" unless the officer had plans on meeting Thompson at his house that night, what else could it have been?
You must be one of those idiots who drives around with your trunk rattling because the bass is too high and the volume is too high. We don't want to listen to your rap music. Close your windows so we don't have to listen.
typicalwhat

Lakewood, OH

#31 Jun 2, 2010
DieThompson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sick and tired of the 'its cuz i'm black' what crap. those days are long gone, quit using the race card. you have nuthin else so you scrape that ol crap again. if u all werent such losers you wouldnt have problems with the police in the first place. get a life.
Judge not --Go and get a education and learn what life is all about.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#32 Jun 2, 2010
Keep It Real wrote:
Response to"Twinsburg Resident
"How do you know the loud music "your family endured" was from Ashford Thompson's car ? Let me guess, just like most of the articles you are referring to, this is an assumption. Wow LOUD MUSIC! If that is something you consider ENDURING then your life is about as unrealistic as the picture that was painted of this young man. You have no right to even use the word endure. Countless people play loud music. Male, female, old, young, and of every race, yes and in Twinsburg.If playing LOUD MUSIC is all you can talk about in the neighborhood then you need to get out more often. Also "business as usual" for the "Thompson man" involved nurturing and saving lives on the daily basis.As for closure for the residents of Twinsburg, some of us who don't look at life with rose tinted glasses,we will not have closure because we all know that officer Miktarian had to have gone beyond his call of duty in that young man's driveway for this to have gone so very wrong. You said it yourself "business as usual" well, he should have been given one more ticket. Obviously no other stop with respectful officer's ended like this. Articles also reflect he was a nurse, and had a CCW permit NO CRIMINAL could have been approved for either. No one is perfect not Thompson or the officer keep that in mind,also not only have most of us not been in this situation so we don't know what we would have done if our lives were threatened in our OWN DRIVEWAYS.Think before you speak. Some of us are sick of ENDURING one-sided ignorance. What the community should be asking is how our finest could be on patrol without the backup of a proper working dash camera. Every other traffic stop on the news gives the public a clear view of what REALLY HAPPENED. You also stated this was not a "Random Stop" unless the officer had plans on meeting Thompson at his house that night, what else could it have been?
You think Officer Miktarian went beyond the call of duty? I disagree. Had he walked up to this POS's car and fired a shot right between his eyes THEN he would have gone beyond the call of duty. We would all rather know that he killed this POS rather than know the POS killed him.

You write like you're a POS as well. I hope a spider crawls in your mouth tonight and lays an egg sac that causes you to stop breathing.
Norm Deplume

Medina, OH

#33 Jun 2, 2010
Miktarian was in a rock band called "Barium." Maybe it was his loud music you heard.
Norm Deplume

Medina, OH

#34 Jun 2, 2010
They had a song called F*ck Face.
Whatever

Barberton, OH

#36 Jun 2, 2010
Let's try it this way- It starts with an N and ends with an R. Your figure it out. Shouldn't be too hard!
JAYMAN

Uniontown, OH

#37 Jun 2, 2010
For the sake of argument let's assume everything the defense argued was true. At what time did this "nurse" stop running on adrenaline and render aid to this fallen officer?
Norm Deplume

Medina, OH

#38 Jun 2, 2010
Whatever wrote:
Let's try it this way- It starts with an N and ends with an R. Your figure it out. Shouldn't be too hard!
Neuter?
Casual Observer

Lakewood, OH

#39 Jun 2, 2010
Keep It Real wrote:
Response to"Twinsburg Resident
"How do you know the loud music "your family endured" was from Ashford Thompson's car ? Let me guess, just like most of the articles you are referring to, this is an assumption. Wow LOUD MUSIC! If that is something you consider ENDURING then your life is about as unrealistic as the picture that was painted of this young man. You have no right to even use the word endure. Countless people play loud music. Male, female, old, young, and of every race, yes and in Twinsburg.If playing LOUD MUSIC is all you can talk about in the neighborhood then you need to get out more often. Also "business as usual" for the "Thompson man" involved nurturing and saving lives on the daily basis.As for closure for the residents of Twinsburg, some of us who don't look at life with rose tinted glasses,we will not have closure because we all know that officer Miktarian had to have gone beyond his call of duty in that young man's driveway for this to have gone so very wrong. You said it yourself "business as usual" well, he should have been given one more ticket. Obviously no other stop with respectful officer's ended like this. Articles also reflect he was a nurse, and had a CCW permit NO CRIMINAL could have been approved for either. No one is perfect not Thompson or the officer keep that in mind,also not only have most of us not been in this situation so we don't know what we would have done if our lives were threatened in our OWN DRIVEWAYS.Think before you speak. Some of us are sick of ENDURING one-sided ignorance. What the community should be asking is how our finest could be on patrol without the backup of a proper working dash camera. Every other traffic stop on the news gives the public a clear view of what REALLY HAPPENED. You also stated this was not a "Random Stop" unless the officer had plans on meeting Thompson at his house that night, what else could it have been?
I agree on your comments. Ashford is a better guy than that dead cop and it suck he put Ashford in this situation.
JAYMAN

Uniontown, OH

#40 Jun 2, 2010
Keep It Real wrote:
Response to"Twinsburg Resident
"How do you know the loud music "your family endured" was from Ashford Thompson's car ? Let me guess, just like most of the articles you are referring to, this is an assumption. Wow LOUD MUSIC! If that is something you consider ENDURING then your life is about as unrealistic as the picture that was painted of this young man. You have no right to even use the word endure. Countless people play loud music. Male, female, old, young, and of every race, yes and in Twinsburg.If playing LOUD MUSIC is all you can talk about in the neighborhood then you need to get out more often. Also "business as usual" for the "Thompson man" involved nurturing and saving lives on the daily basis.As for closure for the residents of Twinsburg, some of us who don't look at life with rose tinted glasses,we will not have closure because we all know that officer Miktarian had to have gone beyond his call of duty in that young man's driveway for this to have gone so very wrong. You said it yourself "business as usual" well, he should have been given one more ticket. Obviously no other stop with respectful officer's ended like this. Articles also reflect he was a nurse, and had a CCW permit NO CRIMINAL could have been approved for either. No one is perfect not Thompson or the officer keep that in mind,also not only have most of us not been in this situation so we don't know what we would have done if our lives were threatened in our OWN DRIVEWAYS.Think before you speak.
How do we know this was a "normal stop"? How do we know that Mr. Thompson was all "yes sir, no sir"? Evidently this wasn't the first stop for his loud music. So he has a history of not complying with officers. As for this nurse and his "nurturing and saving lives" that part of his life must have slipped his mind as he left this officer to die.
Whatever

Barberton, OH

#42 Jun 2, 2010
To Casual Observer, and also anyone else who supports this worthless scum POS- You suck!! He's typical. Typical of the common hood rat that he is! "Oh, he lived in a nice house...." Yeah, he did, but it was his mommys house. Thompson didn't pay for it! The state probably paid for it! Just like they are paying for her POS son now! Fry this worthless peice of garbage NOW! No need for appeals! And make sure Thompsons family get a front row seat to his execution. And lets the C/O's brutalize him a little first!! EYES FOR AN EYE!! I hope he gets taken out before he ever makes it to prison! And I hope he dies a slow and horrible death!!
My View

United States

#43 Jun 2, 2010
He is a useless parasite that murdered this officer in cold blood and really too damn bad he can't be executed in the same manner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Twinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trustee Paul Buescher,is he capable of another... (Sep '08) Jan '16 Mr Smith 3
News Streetsboro men indicted for Aurora, Kent burgl... Jan '16 Walkin Boss 1
News Man in stolen car accused of leading police on ... Jan '16 Walkin Boss 1
Twinsburg Old School (Oct '13) Jan '16 Anonymous 5
Is there anyone in this area that does unsecure... (Jun '15) Dec '15 Hii 3
Shaker Day Camp (Jun '09) Nov '15 Lee Schumacher 37
News FBI's Jimmy Dimora wiretaps capture sexually ch... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Walkin Boss 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Twinsburg Mortgages