Protestors arrested at Massey coal mine

Protestors arrested at Massey coal mine

There are 8 comments on the Coal Valley News story from Jun 25, 2009, titled Protestors arrested at Massey coal mine. In it, Coal Valley News reports that:

Melissa Oa Neil began her day knowing that it was likely she would end up in jail.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Coal Valley News.

Florence Leftwich

Salinas, CA

#1 Jun 26, 2009
If Massey Energy wants to stay in business, it should think about the consequences of Mountaintop Removal, and what it is doing to the environment and the people around it. Why doesn't Massey Energy consider converting to a wind and solar energy company, and leave the coal under the mountains?
DOZER MANS WIFE

Charleston, WV

#2 Jun 26, 2009
Florence Leftwich wrote:
If Massey Energy wants to stay in business, it should think about the consequences of Mountaintop Removal, and what it is doing to the environment and the people around it. Why doesn't Massey Energy consider converting to a wind and solar energy company, and leave the coal under the mountains?
since the wind farms are not working that well, maby u could go run your mouth some more to create some wind to make them work
Florence Leftwich

Milpitas, CA

#3 Jun 27, 2009
Dozer Man can learn how to play with other toys in his sandbox. It is not my desire to put Dozer Man out of business. Perhaps he could make more money working in a green technology trade, such as solar or wind. By the way, my father used to work at the coal mines, and my son-in-law operates heavy earth moving equipment. I just think it will be better in the long run for all concerned to have a cleaner form of energy, and to save the mountain tops from being destroyed.
get a life

Charleston, WV

#4 Jun 27, 2009
Florence Leftwich why dont you shut your trap & go lay down somewhere. As bad as this economy is right now the last thing this state needs, is to put men out of jobs!!!!!!!!! I'm not a big fan of mountain top removal either, but its what keeps my husband with a job. QUIT TRYING TO PUT HARD WORKING MEN OUT OF A JOB!!
wvu proud

Charleston, WV

#5 Jun 28, 2009
Florence Leftwich wrote:
Dozer Man can learn how to play with other toys in his sandbox. It is not my desire to put Dozer Man out of business. Perhaps he could make more money working in a green technology trade, such as solar or wind. By the way, my father used to work at the coal mines, and my son-in-law operates heavy earth moving equipment. I just think it will be better in the long run for all concerned to have a cleaner form of energy, and to save the mountain tops from being destroyed.
FYI dozer mam all ready knows how how to do that and a lot more but he loves the state of wv and would like to raise his children here Instead of having to leave and take them to someplace where the crime is worst than it is here he pays his taxes just like you that is if you even have a job and and are not living on a check. I myself would like to have a check who help you get yours/
OMG

Charleston, WV

#6 Jun 30, 2009
Florence, have you visited WV before?!?!? I would think that you need a FLAT area for enough wind to be converted into energy....Am I right?!? Another thing.....If the mountains aren't useful for anything else other than for looks, WHY NOT use them to produce energy and keep 1/2 of WV employed!!!? I mean, really, do you see people in Texas or Florida dying because they have no mountains...Give me a break! I tell ya what,lets take away my hubbys job (coal miner 12 of his 34 yrs) and see if our family of 4 can survive on my nurses salary. Well there goes that idea...the hospitals don't have any power....but the mountains look real pretty!
Mine Coal Underground

United States

#7 Jun 29, 2010
I know this may be a little late to reply to this, but if all strip mines would be shut down, it would create more of a need for underground coal mines. Therefore, creating more jobs, at a higher rate of pay, and would more than likely leave open positions for more guys a job. It does after all take quite a few more guys at an underground site than on a strip. That is according to the size of the strip mines. Much more time left in Underground Mines too, seeing that WV allows no more strip permits unless they are already granted to the company. So, take it from a coal miner; get a more stable job, maybe sligtly more dangerous, but higher paying and one that has more security of time for you and your family. Go Underground! Strip mining has already been deemed a thing of the past.
Satan

Charleston, WV

#8 Oct 9, 2010
I hope the rooftops fall on the kids of all underground miners. Yes, then, maybe people can pillage through their trucks since "Daddy isn't coming home"...and take all of their pain pills and their suboxone. Yes, let's have circle prayer, prayer, submit prayer requests for all of this to happen. We need more miners to die. This needs to happen during the week though, so that it won't interefere with Football on the weekends. Besides, with more miners dying, it will be easier for people to crawl through windows at night and rob their houses, rape their wives and slap the mortal hell out of the curious 16 month old in the crib bed as he's running back out of the house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Twilight Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Jan 11 R Scott Mick 3,983
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) Jan 11 Super Homo 1,768
Twilight Coal Aug '16 Former Ridge-Runner 3
Mark mooney (Aug '12) Jan '15 wow 6
Charlene Hankins found alive (Aug '13) Aug '13 John 8 1
Election Who do you support for State Senate in West Vir... (Oct '10) Aug '13 anes 16
dasdas0[dhia0dadihasdha (Mar '13) Mar '13 THIS IS HOPELESS 1

Twilight Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Twilight Mortgages