creeped out

Palm Desert, CA

#1 Jan 18, 2013
I bought an old house on the property ajoining mine. The house is a virtual time capsule as the owners died 20 yrs ago and left everything in it, down to the tooth brushes in the cabinets, food in the cupboards etc. My 3 yr old boy and I have been cleaning and hanging out there at night. Twice now he has told me there is a "boogyman" He didn't panic or anything, but said it very matter of factly. I tried not to make a big deal out of it but have asked him a couple of questions about it. He said it was blue and black, big, not old and I presume male. Last night he told me I had to get out and did seem more concerned. You can bet we left, and now I feel "uncomfortable" there. It's a shame, because it really is a beautiful house. Who am I gonna call? Any ideas? thanks for reading this
creeped out

Palm Desert, CA

#2 Jan 23, 2013
Interetingly enough, my son still likes to go over and play on the big living room rug in front of the fireplace abd hang out. The last time we were there for a couple of hours, and nothing strange happened.It was time to leave, I put him in the car with the motor running and in park, went to turn off the porch light, and when I got in the car, he said it had moved. I should have asked him if it went forward or jiggled, or shook, but I'm trying to keep this weird stuff sort of low key as far as he is concerned. He is the one that always brings it up. This weekend, I'm going to have the house blessed and will see if that helps.
Roberto256

Lucerne Valley, CA

#3 Jan 26, 2013
creeped out wrote:
Interetingly enough, my son still likes to go over and play on the big living room rug in front of the fireplace abd hang out. The last time we were there for a couple of hours, and nothing strange happened.It was time to leave, I put him in the car with the motor running and in park, went to turn off the porch light, and when I got in the car, he said it had moved. I should have asked him if it went forward or jiggled, or shook, but I'm trying to keep this weird stuff sort of low key as far as he is concerned. He is the one that always brings it up. This weekend, I'm going to have the house blessed and will see if that helps.
What is the Address?
creeped out

Palm Desert, CA

#4 Jan 31, 2013
I realy don't feel comfy giving personel info yet. If the "thing" makes much more mischief I might start a tour. Actualy, since making progress on the repairs and cleaning, we haven't been bothered. I think the spirit had been there so many years it felt entitled or responsible for the place. I met the sweet old people that built the house in '70 and they struck me as very religious and pure, so I didn't suspect either of their spirits would be around. I'm guessing at a lot of this but am again, getting a better feeling for the place. Last Sat. eve, there were a bunch of kids and good people there and I think getting, and playing board games from the closet made things more "friendly" The old people loved to entertain and we were using many items of thiers for that purpose. Thanks for reading this
DocMcPuffins

Palm Desert, CA

#5 Jan 31, 2013
If it's not the old owners haunting the house, then who is it? That's definitely creepy. I'm glad things are starting to settle down now over there now.
creeped out

Valencia, CA

#6 May 6, 2013
DocMcPuffins wrote:
If it's not the old owners haunting the house, then who is it? That's definitely creepy. I'm glad things are starting to settle down now over there now.
Things have settled down for the most part- another weird moment a few days ago though. It was in the day, and my son pointed to a spot in the main room a few feet away, and said "Dad, there's a bad man" I said What? He said the bad man's right there, pointing a couple feet away. I said, What do you want me to do?- He said "shoot him" I poited my finger at the spot and went Bang! My son said "He's gone" or "He's dead" and nothing else was said. It's strange that he is so suseptible to this spirit, but also so non-chalant about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Twentynine Palms Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ken gray is a fake 5 hr Sad 4
Kenn Gray Moffitt deadbeat run out town 6 hr Sad 6
Poor Korrie Wed Curious 12
Kenn/Korrie Wed Resident 1
Kenn headed back to Palm Springs Dec 12 curious 4
Heard Kenn Gray Mottiff is Fraud Dec 11 neighbor 6
News LGBT groups protest potential California textbooks Dec 8 Runner 11

Twentynine Palms Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance