Couple Sentenced

Full story: KFOR 20
Earlier this year John and Cheryl Kyle were charged with second degree manslaughter and plead guilty. Full Story
okc resident

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Nov 25, 2009
Seven years in prison for buying teenagers alcohol is very excessive. They did something very stupid and irresponsible but I think probably a year in prison is enough. I also think the boy who killed her should pay the restitution. I also think if that couple wasn't so sketchy looking they would have gotten such a harsh sentence.
Mad Mom

Oklahoma City, OK

#2 Nov 25, 2009
The sentence and restitution these idiots received is not nearly enough for what they have done, and I'd bet it has happened before -- they just didn't get caught. These people aren't the only ones who do this. In 1985, I pulled my 15 year old son out of an OKC bar where his "friends" took him. All lied about his whereabouts. All knew his age. All had been in this bar before. AND ALL OF THEIR PARENTS KNEW!! So did the Okla. City Police Dept. who did nothing that time either. The bar is still open. This boy is my only child and if he had even been injured in an accident as a result of this, I would have put somebody in the ground.
shockedmom

Noble, OK

#3 Nov 25, 2009
As a mother 2 two teenagers, I am not often shocked by anything. I was shocked to learn that many adults, and parents often supply teenagers with cigarettes and alcohol casually.(and who knows what else!) This is being done by parents of friends! I can not imagine what they think they are accomplishing!!!!!
interested in el reno

El Reno, OK

#4 Nov 25, 2009
we have a similar problem in canadian county and would like to know the name of the mounce familys attorney.our hearts go out to the mounce family for their loss.god bless
Friend of family

Harrah, OK

#5 Nov 25, 2009
interested in el reno wrote:
we have a similar problem in canadian county and would like to know the name of the mounce familys attorney.our hearts go out to the mounce family for their loss.god bless
I believe his name is Jeff Hartmann from Oklahoma City.
Friend of family

Harrah, OK

#6 Nov 25, 2009
okc resident wrote:
Seven years in prison for buying teenagers alcohol is very excessive. They did something very stupid and irresponsible but I think probably a year in prison is enough. I also think the boy who killed her should pay the restitution. I also think if that couple wasn't so sketchy looking they would have gotten such a harsh sentence.
Yes, because of their STUPIDITY and IRRESPONIBALITY a young girl died in a car accident. It had nothing to do with what they looked like, it had everything to do with them breaking the law. What would you want for the parents who served the alcohol that resulted in your own child death?
was there

AOL

#7 Nov 25, 2009
okc resident wrote:
was at the ct. house. The father admitted to herion use and other horrible drugs. taking money from a boy to buy drinks, having parties all the time and also supplying pot. both mother and father lied on the stand repeatedly. they constantly blamed the 16 year old boy, who was just as guilty. their sentence should send a message to people who allow this to go on at their house. What type of parents host a party for a 15 year old and purchase nothing but alcohol for them to drink, then drinks along side them, and also the mom spokes a pot bong in front of the kids. father had prior on burgulary and served in prison before. if it was your kid, you would have thought they deserved more than they got.
was there

AOL

#8 Nov 25, 2009
Not only did the parents try to take none of the blame, they tried to put all of the blame on the kids. They said they took the kids keys, but then let them leave to go buy more alcohol. That is when the boys went to get the girls. Kaitlyn had spent the night with a friend, she did not have her cell phone that night, and did not know anyone at the party nor the kids that took her there. She was just being a follower and going along with the girls she spent the night with. This was her first and only time to go to a party like this. Her friend says she was scared and kept asking if they could leave. Obviously, the parents never offered her a ride home. But of course, the parents were also stoned and wasted with the kids. It is not "cool" to furnish alcohol to 14, 15 and 16 year old kids. These parents will be out on the streets and back to their weekly drunk parties in about 3 years. I hope it is not your kid killed next time they get out.
Tuttle Resident

Oklahoma City, OK

#9 Nov 25, 2009
Regardless of the "sketchiness" or past criminal history of these people...the principal matter here is that they allowed this to happen, period. This is absolutely a HUGE problem! These parties are taking place every weekend, and you are absolutely right, the circumstances just turn out different. These "hosts" aren't getting caught! As parents, we need to realize our responsibilities and just put our foot down! The drinking age is 21--until then go bowling or to the movies! God Bless Miss Mounce's family for having to live with such a tragedy, and God Bless herself for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Meljam

Strasburg, CO

#10 Nov 25, 2009
Wow! Only Nine years for smoking marijuana, purchasing and serving alcohol to minors. Maybe instead of trying to be cool parents they should have been "SMART" ones!

Parents please: Tell your kids "Drugs" and "Alcohol" = Not Cool - No Winners!

Also, don't ride with anyone under the influence...drugs or alcohol...be safe, call someone.

“Taste the Rainbow”

Since: Jul 08

Bossier City, LA

#11 Nov 26, 2009
So what has happened to the boys case? Has he been sentenced yet?
twb

Mcloud, OK

#12 Nov 26, 2009
They should hang these jerks along with their prick of a lawyer
JOE

Lawton, OK

#13 Nov 27, 2009
It's hard enough to raise kids without other folks 'helping' kids to break the law. I hope other folks who also try to 'help' in similar ways take note of the consequences. If it was my child who died, I also would believe jail is too good to the providers.

Location hidden

#14 Nov 28, 2009
okc resident wrote:
i think it's fair. hell, ya get 7 years automatically if you spit at a cop. contributing to the delinquincy of a minor, especially when it results in death, constitutes a far more harsh punishment.
Kaylee

Oklahoma City, OK

#15 Nov 30, 2009
I think they got a fair punishment. I don't know Lance's yet. but it will probably be fair too. but I think it's important to realize that this perfectly sober girl got in the car. I know LD. he's a pretty obvious drunk. this is not a matter of peer pressure or whatever. she knew who she was getting in the car with and she knew the consequences. I feel very sorry for her family. this is horrible and they will never recover. but there are more people at fault here.
hmm

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Dec 1, 2009
Here is a thought if this childs parents did there part and knew who this 15 year old child was hanging out with and what she was doing maybe this tragedy would not have happened. There are several people who should take the blame for this not just the idiots who bought it.
uh oh

Oklahoma City, OK

#17 Dec 2, 2009
wow..is this the reporter that burns is having the affair with?

“Taste the Rainbow”

United States

#18 Dec 3, 2009
uh oh wrote:
and this is relevant how, again? I'm confused.
Gel

Duncan, OK

#19 Dec 5, 2009
uh oh wrote:
You're an absolute moron. Are you jealous that he's getting tail and you're not? You're nobody to bash burns for an affair when you yourself have had many. Nice Try! Yeah someone knows who you are and what you have done.

“Taste the Rainbow”

Oklahoma City, OK

#20 Dec 5, 2009
Gel wrote:
<quoted text> You're an absolute moron. Are you jealous that he's getting tail and you're not? You're nobody to bash burns for an affair when you yourself have had many. Nice Try! Yeah someone knows who you are and what you have done.
the plot thickens....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tuttle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for someone 18 hr queenslove22 2
we can stop Ebola! 20 hr barbosa 1
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) 22 hr lilynewmanxox 191
can you still buy herbal incense in oklahoma ci... (Nov '13) Sun derik 9
Obama's followers are either COMMUNIST or QUEERS Sun Cactus Jack 37
How many of you would like to join in a lawsuit... (May '10) Sat sue cyr 42
Debate: Gay Marriage - Oklahoma City, OK (Jul '10) Oct 18 Jan 2,848
Tuttle Dating
Find my Match

Tuttle Jobs