Tuskegee Airmen flying high over inauguration

There are 59 comments on the www.tallahassee.com story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Tuskegee Airmen flying high over inauguration. In it, www.tallahassee.com reports that:

It's a long way from 1942 to 2009. Jenkins is glad to have made the journey. "I think will be just a great event," Jenkins said before leaving Tallahassee on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.tallahassee.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

Phillyburbs

#41 Jan 18, 2009
Matt from Akron wrote:
<quoted text>
I say we just ship him off to Africa.
The sooner the better...LOL!!!
OMG

United States

#42 Jan 18, 2009
Knoxxie wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool! Obama ain't about to give blacks special treatment. No way, no how. Any black person that thinks like that is stupid! Initially, I wasn't even for Obama, but Hillary Clinton. Right now, most people are in awe because Obama is our first black president. After that, it's going to be business as usual. Obama has a job to do, and that's to run this county. I'm willing to bet all of the special attention he's receiving right now will cease to exist after January 20...
I think the tabloid media will give him special attention for a bit longer until it dries out as a front page story. Then they'll go after him and his cabinet like any other president for anything they can find - good or bad. It's then I wonder if a race card will be an issue.

Until then I don't see Obama as a black - he's just a man, president and an American. I think the tabloid media has hyped up the black history thing for the inauguration - yes it is history, but it's getting a little thick now.

Phillyburbs

#43 Jan 18, 2009
OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the tabloid media will give him special attention for a bit longer until it dries out as a front page story. Then they'll go after him and his cabinet like any other president for anything they can find - good or bad. It's then I wonder if a race card will be an issue.
Until then I don't see Obama as a black - he's just a man, president and an American. I think the tabloid media has hyped up the black history thing for the inauguration - yes it is history, but it's getting a little thick now.
AGREED...
Oh Tham Eng

Singapore, Singapore

#46 Jan 19, 2009
Hi Americans!

Best wishes from my God-beloved country of Singapore!

The following is the type of inaugural speech I have drafted which I hope President Obama could deliver. I am not saying that it should be exactly like this. But the tenor and the spiritual essence must be there. If President Obama can restore the spiritual vitality of America, God will surely bless his presidency and America and make him the greatest American President of all time!

So pray for him, all of you!

Part 1 – A NEW DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE THROUGH A PROPHET'S PRAYER:

My beloved fellow Americans!

Eleven scores or more years ago, our forefathers gave off their sweat, their tears, their blood and their precious lives to build for us this great nation of America. They had never failed to repose their great trust, nor fail in their unstinting support for their God-blessed leaders in the many years gone by----uniting as one people to fight and to triumph over all the daunting challenges facing them in their dreadful days.

Bolstered by their unshakable faith in the unfailing goodness of the Almighty, they had bequeathed for us by their choice, not by chance, an America that has come to be such a great inspiration and a beacon of hope for all peoples in the world---and especially for the hopeless, the downtrodden, the persecuted, and those who yearn to breathe the fragrant air of freedom, but could not.

And today, I feel so honored and humbled by the same trust and strong support many Americans are giving me by inaugurating me to be America's first Black President, the 44th. It is a sacred trust I promise I will always cherish deep in my heart. My wife and I are so grateful to all of you and would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for such singularly high honor!

Many Americans who did not vote for me during the election have their change of hearts and are giving me and my family their best prayers too. We are so grateful. My wife and I will have to work very hard to gain the trust of those who are still skeptical of my ability to lead and to lead well. None can fault them for feeling it in this way.

In fact they have their valid reasons to be skeptical of my ability to heal America, to lead our stricken and badly wounded nation out of the terrible morass we have fallen into. They have legitimately asked, Can America regain her greatness under my presidency?

Well, I feel strongly my inadequacies too, now that I am saddled with such awesome responsibilities as America's 44th President. The only thing that I can justifiably boast of is my ability to lead again a brilliant campaign to win a presidential election. But I will have to work very hard for you to prove my worth one more time four years from now. So help me God!

I will always have to confess my inadequacies before the Throne of Divine Grace. I will also have to depend on all your prayers for succor and for divine favors for me and for my government. I will humbly beseech the Almighty for the wisdom I need to enable me to handle all the daunting challenges and the great difficulties that America is now faced with. They are simply humongous, and I am afraid to disappoint you that it may take us many years to resolve and overcome them. May God have mercy on us!

Please be patient with me and my team. With God's help, we will do our very best to help and look after you, to heal America, to make America become great and strong again. I feel your hurt, your despair, your cries to be delivered from all your problems. But let us arise and go to the Throne of Divine Grace to plead for mercy. In this very trying times, let us seek to re-build our spiritual capital and refurbish our connection to the Almighty. Let us repair our alters, and build one where where we have none before.

(Continues below in Part 2)
Oh Tham Eng

Singapore, Singapore

#47 Jan 19, 2009
Part 2 - A NEW DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE THROUGH A PROPHET'S PRAYER

I am appreciative of the preceding President George Bush for his resoluteness in making America safe; for his steadiness in steering us through the prevailing maelstrom. We have to emulate his faith in the Almighty. His presidency cannot, therefore, be said to be a total failure. I should know, for I have gone to Iraq myself, and saw first-hand the success of his surge under our great General David Petreaus. I shall always remember him as the only US President who has ever dispatched America's great aircraft carrier to save the drowning and the dying Muslims from the dreadful tsunami that had battered Aceh in December 2004. I appreciate the difficult groundworks he did so that future American governments can better protect America. I am especially grateful to him for being so helpful and gracious in doing all that he could for our financial crisis to ensure that I will have an easier time resolving it as the next President of America. Certainly under my presidency, much will have to be changed and updated so that America can stand tall again and be better understood, appreciated and admired. YES, TOGETHER WE CAN!

It is not for cleverness or clever people that America is lacking to help us get out of the terrible morass we have fallen into. In the first place, it was our cleverness, our self-centeredness, our unbridled greed and our faith in our own vaunted ability to do things in our own way, and then losing sight of the divine will which had given birth to our great nation---these great moral and spiritual failings have brought us down, and inflicted on us the terrible wounds we are still struggling to staunch and to heal. The Psalmist has wisely said,“Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it will labor in vain.” Psalms 127:1 So help us, Lord!

America's greatest strength has always been her strong faith in the Almighty—in His unfailing goodness and wisdom. After all, it was His divine will which gave birth to our God-blessed land of America. So with God's help, America can be made strong and great again. And America will once again lead the world in humility before the Throne of the Almighty to show contrition for our failings; to renew our faith in His goodness, mercy and compassion. Therefore, God will deliver and prosper us again. YES, HE WILL!

But we must persevere in our prayers to wait and hope on Him. We must not falter nor faint. Then when the angels of Apocalypse see our contrition and humility, they will be very happy to continue holding for us the restraints on the terror which is awaiting to rain down on our wicked, violent, rebellious and pleasure-obsessed world.

Yesterday, the angels of Apocalypse must be rejoicing in heaven when they saw my wife and our team leading volunteers of all ages and backgrounds to a commitment to renew America together, one community at a time. It was a national day of service. We had a terrific time doing community service. We cleaned up a park, donated blood, volunteered at a homeless shelter, and mentored an at-risk youth center. etc. My wife and I volunteered in Washington, DC, our new home. This will not be just a single day of service; it shall be the beginning of an ongoing commitment to our nation at the level that will hopefully impact you the most.

Monday, January 19th, was also Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Dr. King taught us from his personal and from Jesus's examples how we could live a life of service. He once said: "If you want to be important ...If you want to be recognized......If you want to be great....[then] recognize that he who is greatest among you shall be your servant. That's a new definition of greatness." Matthew 20:26-27. And this shall be how I want to define my presidency and my government. YES, WE CAN, WHEN WE UNITE AND WORK AS ONE!

(Continues below in Part 3)
Oh Tham Eng

Singapore, Singapore

#48 Jan 19, 2009
Part 3 - A NEW DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE THROUGH A PROPHET'S PRAYER

It will take ordinary citizens working together with a common purpose that will get our God-blessed country back on track again. This national day of service is an important first step in our continuing commitment. Now is the time to remind all Americans what ordinary people can accomplish when we stand together. YES, WE CAN! SO HELP US GOD!

For their inaugurations, I am encouraged to note that many of our past presidents had wisely chosen to remind Americans and had helped them renew their faith in God's promise to heal and to deliver. I will do the same from 2 Chronicles 7:14:“If My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land.” Dear Americans, it will not be by might, nor by power, or by our cleverness, but by the Spirit of the Almighty that is going to deliver us and heal America, as He has so promised. Zechariah 4:6.

It is a timely reminder of the promise of the Almighty when America is now stricken with such a terrible sickness. It is essentially a dreadful spiritual sickness, which has spawn our great economic and financial distresses. Only at the Throne of Divine Grace can we hope to find healing and deliverance. So I urge all Americans to unite with me as one people to humble themselves before God in our act of national contrition. Man can propose; God will dispose. But the Scripture says what is impossible with men is possible with God. Matthew 19:26

As an expression of my personal faith in the Almighty, I declare that under my God-blessed leadership, America will be great again----for His glory and for more opportunities for us to help propagate His goodness and His love to all Americans and to the world. This is the divine mission that no American must forget again. YES, WE CAN!

Let it not be forgotten that America is still the apple of God's eyes. I will have to warn those who still harbor evil intention to harm or destroy America. Let it be known loud and clear that I have been chosen by the American people to keep America safe, and I have the Divine Mandate to defeat you and destroy those who want to harm and destroy America before they can destroy or harm us!

And I am exhilarated to state that I, as America's President, am chosen by the Almighty to lead America to a new birth of freedom in which we will unite our humanity with divinity, to freedom and the honor to proclaim the self-evident truth to thewhole world that HUMANITY WITHOUT DIVINITY VANITY. But when vanity is infused with divinity, in whose image we are all created, it keeps alive in us our hope eternal! Then we can be inspired with charity for all, and malice towards none, that we may vie with one another in doing good deeds to please the Almighty. If God is with us, then who can be against us? We will have nothing to fear. We will never be defeated. We will always prevail! YES, WE CAN!

Finally, I urge all Americans to join me to say with deep sincerity and passion this great and transcendentally beautiful Prayer of King Solomon (who is also known as Prophet Suleiman in the Noble Quran). We must cherish it in our warm hearts this miracle prayer so that we can free ourselves from bigotry, from small mindedness and from all hate-filled ideologies. Then our fallen spirits can be re-invigorated. We must promote this miracle prayer for peace to the combatants in the Middle East too. And then the great humankind renaissance will be within the realm of the possibility; it must be deferred no longer.

So “Inspire me, Lord, to be thankful to Thee for Thy favors to me and my parents to do good deeds which will please Thee. Admit me, through Thy mercy, to be among Thy righteous.” An-Naml 27:19.“For the noblest in God's sight is he who is the most righteous.” Al-Hujurut 49:13.

May God be praised! Amen!

Since: Sep 07

Maumee, OH

#49 Jan 19, 2009
Knoxxie wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tuskegee Airmen, like many other black soldiers were treated awful, in subhuman ways, like second-class citizens, by the very same country they fought and died for. Therefore, to try and make up for the errors of the past, these black men will receive the recognition they so deserve...
Got it?
And before you come back in here like a bat out of h-e-l-l, you need to know that I'm black and served this country. Got it? Don't come in here with some nonsense,'cause I'm going to respond by slamming your a-z-z to the wall!!!
Now bring it on...
Great post! Educate the unlearned.

January 20th, 2009

Since: Sep 07

Maumee, OH

#50 Jan 19, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm responding to their race card.
The Obama crowd didn't want race discussed during the election, but now they can't stop talking about how black Obama is.
He is what he is, an African American. You were the first one to post about why are(Tuskegee Airmen) they being honored when others have fought. Did you say anything about the veterans who were flown in to D.C. that was at Pearl Harbor? Did you question that? Stop talking out your ass. LOL

Phillyburbs

#51 Jan 19, 2009
pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
He is what he is, an African American. You were the first one to post about why are(Tuskegee Airmen) they being honored when others have fought. Did you say anything about the veterans who were flown in to D.C. that was at Pearl Harbor? Did you question that? Stop talking out your ass. LOL
LOL!!!

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Richardson, TX

#52 Jan 19, 2009
Knoxxie wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool! Obama ain't about to give blacks special treatment.
He already did by giving the black airmen special honor that he isn't offering to white vets.

And I'm sure there will be more to come in the next four years as the first black president further divides the nation along racial lines.

And thanks for confirming that blacks cannot disagree without the usual personal insults of the ghetto.

Richardson, TX

#53 Jan 19, 2009
pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
He is what he is, an African American.
Well, half an American is better than none at all I suppose.

It would be better for the country if Obama were just the commander in chief of all the military equally rather than a black commander in chief who looks after his won people first.
american woman

United States

#55 Jan 19, 2009
Knoxxie wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tuskegee Airmen, like many other black soldiers were treated awful, in subhuman ways, like second-class citizens, by the very same country they fought and died for. Therefore, to try and make up for the errors of the past, these black men will receive the recognition they so deserve...
Got it?
And before you come back in here like a bat out of h-e-l-l, you need to know that I'm black and served this country. Got it? Don't come in here with some nonsense,'cause I'm going to respond by slamming your a-z-z to the wall!!!
Now bring it on...
My dad served in WW2, he is white, but he could care less what color your skin is, he served bled and watched his buddies die in the fox hole they were in, he was the only one to survive, so please don't start bringing race into who served better in the wars, you all bled and suffered and fought for our country with bravery and courage, and not one bullet or bomb fired at you cared what color your skin was!!. Obama shouldn't be pulling that crap either, you are all hero's, regardless of your skin color, thought he wanted unity?? why keep feeding the race card?? just don't make no sense, if he wants to honor them, wonderful!! they deserve it,, but don't be bringing skin color as the reason, thats just wrong.
american woman

United States

#56 Jan 19, 2009
pamiety wrote:
<quoted text>
ok,,,one quistion,, were the veterans from Pearl Harbor listed as "white" soilders??? see anything different?? its wrong no matter how you look at it.
american woman

United States

#57 Jan 19, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
He already did by giving the black airmen special honor that he isn't offering to white vets.
And I'm sure there will be more to come in the next four years as the first black president further divides the nation along racial lines.
And thanks for confirming that blacks cannot disagree without the usual personal insults of the ghetto.
Just one more quistion that I'm sure will feed the fires,, but do you think Obama would be where he is if he was raised by his black grandparents?? would he be where he is if his black father even came to one of his basketball games? if he offered one dime in child support? where do you think he would be if the tables had been turned on him? what type of person would turn on those that offered him the most?? what type of person do we have running our country? thats what I ask myself everyday since the election, what would make him be so much in denial of who he is? what would make him ignore the fact that he is 1/2 white, was raised by whites, financially supported by whites, educated in white Ivy league colleges, but yet turns his back on that culture and that part of himself, what type of person would do this??
american woman

United States

#58 Jan 19, 2009
Knoxxie wrote:
<quoted text>
Got it?
Now bring it on...
One other thing I forgot, ALL conditions on the front line in WW2 were subhuman, if you ever fought in a real war you would know this, you would know when it came to life or death skin color made absolutly no difference, you my sir,, are nothing but alot of hot air blowing off with no one listening, and doing everything you possibly can to keep racism alive and kicking.

Phillyburbs

#59 Jan 19, 2009
american woman wrote:
<quoted text>
One other thing I forgot, ALL conditions on the front line in WW2 were subhuman, if you ever fought in a real war you would know this, you would know when it came to life or death skin color made absolutly no difference, you my sir,, are nothing but alot of hot air blowing off with no one listening, and doing everything you possibly can to keep racism alive and kicking.
I served in OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM.

And what exactly is a real war?

BTW...I'm a she...

Richardson, TX

#60 Jan 19, 2009
american woman wrote:
<quoted text>
but do you think Obama would be where he is if he was raised by his black grandparents????
Obama's black grandparents are/were in Africa.

If that were his fate then his life would have been very different.
jokester

United States

#61 Jan 19, 2009
Knoxxie wrote:
<quoted text>
I served in OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM.
And what exactly is a real war?
BTW...I'm a she...
A real war?? where you were drafted and went against your will,,, which is what you did not do, you put money before your life and expect us to feel sorry for you,,,not gonna happen, you voluntered to go over there, so please no whining,, you got what you signed up for,
A real war? where you are put on the front lines, where fire is in your face 24/7, where you don't hardly stand a chance with nothing but yourself and hopefully your buddy to cover your back, do you really for one second think the WW2 vets didn't go through hell?? do you really for one second think one should be honored more than another because of skin color?? if in fact you do, then you need to go back to Iraq and freakin learn what life is all about, cause you don't have the first clue what war really means, and how horrible it can be.
My dad was honored at a WW2 celebration this past fall, I met with men that are still alive and the stories they told were far beyond subhuman, whether they were captured as prisoners, or injured such as my dad was, and held in enemy hospitals, only sheer will to survive kept them alive, and yes I know plenty of people who have went to Iraq, and some were at the runion of WW2 survivers, and none could come close to comparing thier stories to the ones the WW2 vets were telling, they were thankfull that todays tech. is what it is. and they don't have to face the hardships thier grandfathers had to face.
No matter how you look at it, war is horrible, on all accounts, and to think that skin color makes a difference out on the battlefield is so incredibly sick,,, it makes no damn difference what so ever, you are fighting for your life, you are fighting to get back to your family, you are thankfull God gave you that Buddy to cover your ass should you need it.
Don't get me wrong, I am in no way suggesting that the Iraq war is not a real war, I know horrible things have taken place over there to, but,,,, you volunteered to go, and you really can't tell me you have been treated differently because of your skin color, maybe,,,, by a few complete ignorant jerks, but,,, if you had to cover thier asses out on the front lines you really think they would care about your skin color?? hell no,, in the end they would thank you.
All in all, what I am trying to say, is that WW2 was one of the most horrible times in American History, and all those who were forced to go should be honored, and I personally think its a horrible thing to honor certain ones based on skin color, its just wrong, what they did or didn't do then was wrong, does doing this now make 2 wrongs a right?? not in my opinion.
My dad recently went on the honor flight to Washington, men and yes,, women,, of all colors went on that flight, the renuion a couple months later was amazing, the stories we heard and the people we meet were amazing, how incredibly brave these men and women were, men and women of all colors and nationalities, none of them,,,none of them,, seperated themselves based on skin color, they were all one and the same, who went through the same hell as the other did, and lived to raise a family and to tell thier stories, heck we even got a few autographs that we will cherish through the generations to come.
I do thank you for your service to our country, you are a brave soul for choosing to enlist, but please,,, please,,, don't put skin color on the battlefield. each one of us are equal, skin color should make no difference on or off the battlefield.
Oh Tham Eng

Singapore, Singapore

#62 Jan 19, 2009
Correcting post #48:

Part 3 - A NEW DECLARATION OF FREEDOM THROUGH A PROPHET'S PRAYER

It will take ordinary citizens working together with a common purpose that will get our God-blessed country back on track again. This national day of service is an important first step in our continuing commitment. Now is the time to remind all Americans what ordinary people can accomplish when we stand together. YES, WE CAN! SO HELP US GOD!

For their inaugurations, I am encouraged to note that many of our past presidents had wisely chosen to remind Americans and had helped them renew their faith in God's promise to heal and to deliver. I will do the same from 2 Chronicles 7:14:“If My people who are called by My name humble themselves & pray & seek My face, & turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sins & heal their land.” Dear Americans, it will not be by might, nor by power, or by our cleverness, but by the Spirit of the Almighty that is going to deliver us & heal America, as He has so promised. Zechariah 4:6.

It is a timely reminder of the promise of the Almighty when America is now stricken with such a terrible sickness. It is essentially a dreadful spiritual sickness, which has spawn our great economic & financial distresses. Only at the Throne of Divine Grace can we hope to find healing and deliverance. So I urge all Americans to unite with me as one people to humble themselves before God in our act of national contrition. Man can propose; God will dispose. But the Scripture says what is impossible with men is possible with God. Matthew 19:26

As an expression of my personal faith in the Almighty, I declare that under my God-blessed leadership, America will be great again----for His glory & for more opportunities for us to help propagate His goodness & His love to all Americans & to the world. This is the divine mission that no American must forget again. YES, WE CAN!

Let it not be forgotten that America is still the apple of God's eyes. I will have to warn those who still harbor evil intention to harm or destroy America. Let it be known loud & clear that I have been chosen by the American people to keep America safe, & I have the Divine Mandate to defeat you & destroy those who want to harm & destroy America before they can destroy or harm us!

And I am exhilarated to state that I, as America's President, am chosen by the Almighty to lead America to a new birth of freedom in which we will unite our humanity with divinity, the freedom & the honor to proclaim the self-evident truth to the whole world, that HUMANITY WITHOUT DIVINITY IS VANITY. But when vanity is infused with divinity, in whose image we are all created, it keeps alive in us our hope eternal! Then we can be inspired with charity for all, & malice towards none, that we may vie with one another in doing good deeds to please the Almighty. If God is with us, then who can be against us? We will have nothing to fear. We will never be defeated. We will always prevail! YES, WE CAN!

Finally, I urge all Americans to join me to say with deep sincerity & passion this great & transcendentally beautiful Prayer of King Solomon (who is also known as Prophet Suleiman in the Noble Quran). We must cherish it in our warm hearts this miracle prayer so that we can free ourselves from bigotry, from small mindedness & from all hate-filled ideologies. Then our fallen spirits can be re-invigorated.

We must promote this miracle prayer for peace to the combatants in the Middle East too. And then the great humankind renaissance will be within the realm of the possibility; it must be deferred no longer.

So “Inspire me, Lord, to be thankful to Thee for Thy favors to me & my parents to do good deeds which will please Thee. Admit me, through Thy mercy, to be among Thy righteous.” An-Naml 27:19.“For the noblest in God's sight is he who is the most righteous.” Al-Hujurut 49:13.

May God be praised! May He bless America!! Amen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tuskegee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FLOTUS Michelle Obama & Racism porn May 17 KnutesNiche 1
News Michelle Obama Confesses Caricature of Angry Bl... May 15 -Lea- 94
News Michelle Obama Tuskegee University speech: What... May 12 spankyface 1
News Michelle Obama uses Tuskegee speech to tell how... May 12 Cordwainer Trout 3
News Happy Birthday, Rosa Parks, Mother of the Civil... Apr '15 lover123456789098... 1
News Victoryland taking job applications (Sep '12) Jan '15 david 5
Tuskegee Jukebox (Jul '12) Dec '14 Musikologist 11
More from around the web

Tuskegee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]