Tuskegee Airmen flying high over inau...

Tuskegee Airmen flying high over inauguration

There are 59 comments on the www.tallahassee.com story from Jan 18, 2009, titled Tuskegee Airmen flying high over inauguration. In it, www.tallahassee.com reports that:

It's a long way from 1942 to 2009. Jenkins is glad to have made the journey. "I think will be just a great event," Jenkins said before leaving Tallahassee on Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.tallahassee.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: May 07

Indianapolis, IN

#1 Jan 18, 2009
Good for them!

“I AM WHO I AM”

Since: Apr 07

Knoxville, Tennessee

#2 Jan 18, 2009
Awesome!!!

FRONTIERSMAN

“FREEDOM”

Since: Dec 08

Bethel NY

#3 Jan 18, 2009
These guys are also the Right Stuff.Their accomplishments during WW2 in the air,were heroic.Glad many are still around from that greatest generation!

"CHECK SIX MAN"

“I AM WHO I AM”

Knoxville, Tennessee

#4 Jan 18, 2009
FRONTERSMAN wrote:
These guys are also the Right Stuff.Their accomplishments during WW2 in the air,were heroic.Glad many are still around from that greatest generation!
"CHECK SIX MAN"
AGREED...

“Did U plug the damn hole yet?”

Since: Jan 08

Dallas, TX

#5 Jan 18, 2009
Why these guys in this election?

And why only them?

There were many brave airmen who served in WWII that deserve to be honored too.

And then there are all the other wars America has fought since WWII.

Aren't any of the men and women who served in them important to Obama?

What's so special about the Tuskegee Airmen?

“I AM WHO I AM”

Knoxville, Tennessee

#6 Jan 18, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
Why these guys in this election?
And why only them?
There were many brave airmen who served in WWII that deserve to be honored too.
And then there are all the other wars America has fought since WWII.
Aren't any of the men and women who served in them important to Obama?
What's so special about the Tuskegee Airmen?
The Tuskegee Airmen, like many other black soldiers were treated awful, in subhuman ways, like second-class citizens, by the very same country they fought and died for. Therefore, to try and make up for the errors of the past, these black men will receive the recognition they so deserve...

Got it?

And before you come back in here like a bat out of h-e-l-l, you need to know that I'm black and served this country. Got it? Don't come in here with some nonsense,'cause I'm going to respond by slamming your a-z-z to the wall!!!

Now bring it on...

Dallas, TX

#7 Jan 18, 2009
Knoxxie wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tuskegee Airmen, like many other black soldiers were treated awful, in subhuman ways, like second-class citizens, by the very same country they fought and died for. Therefore, to try and make up for the errors of the past, these black men will receive the recognition they so deserve...

Got it?.
I get it.

The Tuskegee Airmen get special treatment because they are black like Obama.

More evidence that this election was about race after all.

“I AM WHO I AM”

Knoxville, Tennessee

#8 Jan 18, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it.
The Tuskegee Airmen get special treatment because they are black like Obama.
More evidence that this election was about race after all.
RACIST!!!

Dallas, TX

#9 Jan 18, 2009
Knoxxie wrote:
<quoted text>
RACIST!!!
The Obama followers are so predictable.

They are now playing the race card coming AND going.
Mike - Indianapolis

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Jan 18, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and you're not....LMAO

“I AM WHO I AM”

Knoxville, Tennessee

#11 Jan 18, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen up okay? I have been in other forums with you. And some way, some how, you find a way to slip slide, Barack Obama, black folks, special treatment, and the whole nine yards into a debate that has nothing to do with Obama or even blacks in the first place.

Just face it, for some unknown reason, you've got a hard-on for blacks, especially Barack Obama!!!

Dallas, TX

#12 Jan 18, 2009
Mike - Indianapolis wrote:
<quoted text>Oh and you're not....LMAO
I'm responding to their race card.

The Obama crowd didn't want race discussed during the election, but now they can't stop talking about how black Obama is.

“I AM WHO I AM”

Knoxville, Tennessee

#13 Jan 18, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obama crowd didn't want race discussed during the election, but now they can't stop talking about how black Obama is.
Duh? Like duh??? Of course his race will now be discussed; He's the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT...THAT'S HISTORY. Right now things are magical and surreal. But, after January 20, 2009, things will quickly turn to business as usual.

Dallas, TX

#14 Jan 18, 2009
Knoxxie wrote:
<quoted text>
Duh? Like duh??? Of course his race will now be discussed; He's the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT...THAT'S HISTORY. Right now things are magical and surreal. But, after January 20, 2009, things will quickly turn to business as usual.
It's only history to racist libs who care more about skin color than the the person's character.

If the left practiced what they preach Obama's race would not be of interest to them at all.

Now Obama and the libs have divided the country along racial lines by only honoring veterans who look like him instead of all the fine people who have sereved.

“I AM WHO I AM”

Knoxville, Tennessee

#15 Jan 18, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's only history to racist libs who care more about skin color than the the person's character.
If the left practiced what they preach Obama's race would not be of interest to them at all.
Now Obama and the libs have divided the country along racial lines by only honoring veterans who look like him instead of all the fine people who have sereved.
CLUELESS...JUST CLUELESS...

Since: May 07

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Jan 18, 2009
Knoxxie wrote:
<quoted text>
Got it?
And before you come back in here like a bat out of h-e-l-l, you need to know that I'm black and served this country. Got it? Don't come in here with some nonsense,'cause I'm going to respond by slamming your a-z-z to the wall!!!
Now bring it on...
Great response to an inbred, buck-toothed racist moron.

Thank you for your service to this country.

Dallas, TX

#17 Jan 18, 2009
Knoxxie wrote:
<quoted text>
CLUELESS...JUST CLUELESS...
Unfortunately for you I have connected the dots.

Black military veterans will be honored because Obama is their president whereas vets of other races will be ignored.

Obama sure didn't lie when he promised change.

Because it used to be that all our vets got equal attention from their commander in chief.
Mike - Indianapolis

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Jan 18, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're PLAYING the race card at every opportunity...dealing from the BOTTOM of the deck and pathetically obvious in the process. Eddie Haskell comes to mind.

“I AM WHO I AM”

Knoxville, Tennessee

#19 Jan 18, 2009
Mike - Indianapolis wrote:
<quoted text>You're PLAYING the race card at every opportunity...dealing from the BOTTOM of the deck and pathetically obvious in the process. Eddie Haskell comes to mind.
I agree...

“I AM WHO I AM”

Knoxville, Tennessee

#20 Jan 18, 2009
Mac-7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately for you I have connected the dots.
Black military veterans will be honored because Obama is their president whereas vets of other races will be ignored.
Obama sure didn't lie when he promised change.
Because it used to be that all our vets got equal attention from their commander in chief.
All vets are honored and get equal attention. It's called, VETERANS DAY...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tuskegee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Macon County Judge Ford running for criminal ap... (May '06) Nov '17 Tuskegee Born and... 6
Murder of Bryan Collins (Mar '08) Oct '17 C-BABY 24
i am white and want to go out with black girl (May '12) Oct '17 Snakebit 3
how to end white supremacy Sep '17 coco4u 1
Ready opioids (O XY 30s) (tar) etc (Jun '17) Jun '17 Melmax 2
Tuskegee Jukebox (Jul '12) Jun '17 Musikologist 15
Vidora Sanford (Mar '14) Jun '17 Nancy 3

Tuskegee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tuskegee Mortgages