Hawaii professor is named a Mayo Clin...

Hawaii professor is named a Mayo Clinic 'medical hero' - Hawaii...

There are 5 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Aug 14, 2009, titled Hawaii professor is named a Mayo Clinic 'medical hero' - Hawaii.... In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

A University of Hawaii medical professor who was the only physician to question the ethics of a U.S. Public Health Service study on "Untreated Syphilis in the Negro Male" when he was 34 years old is being honored today by the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Bob_Mililani

San Diego, CA

#1 Aug 14, 2009
Got to appreciate those who step up to the plate and openly question an injustice. Kudos to you Dr. Schatz.
John Kamaka

Honolulu, HI

#2 Aug 14, 2009
Bob_Mililani wrote:
Got to appreciate those who step up to the plate and openly question an injustice. Kudos to you Dr. Schatz.
It's a rarity to find any more people with a sincere character like Dr. Schatz, just wondered how many more "studies" of unethnical research has been funded by us taxpayers that go unreported!

Again, it took the media to expose these dark practices on non-whites, had it occurred on white people, one can rest assured it would be stopped imediately! To bad, those in charge on NIH did not get fined or jailed!

“It's Good being Me!”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#5 Aug 14, 2009
Bob_Mililani wrote:
c/s This was an interesting article & it's nice that someone thought to give him his props.
brh

Fayetteville, GA

#7 Aug 15, 2009
Is it any wonder why people of so suspicious of government activity?
brh

Fayetteville, GA

#8 Aug 15, 2009
Is it any wonder why people are so suspicious of government activity?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tuskegee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Macon County Judge Ford running for criminal ap... (May '06) Nov '17 Tuskegee Born and... 6
Murder of Bryan Collins (Mar '08) Oct '17 C-BABY 24
i am white and want to go out with black girl (May '12) Oct '17 Snakebit 3
how to end white supremacy (Sep '17) Sep '17 coco4u 1
Ready opioids (O XY 30s) (tar) etc (Jun '17) Jun '17 Melmax 2
Tuskegee Jukebox (Jul '12) Jun '17 Musikologist 15
Vidora Sanford (Mar '14) Jun '17 Nancy 3

Tuskegee Jobs

Personal Finance

Tuskegee Mortgages