More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark

Jan 2, 2011 | Posted by: Inisa Love | Full story: news.yahoo.com

BEEBE, Ark. Wildlife officials are trying to determine what caused more than 1,000 blackbirds to die and fall from the sky over an Arkansas town.

The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said Saturday that it began receiving reports about the dead birds about 11:30 p.m. the previous night. The birds fell over a 1-mile area of Beebe, and an aerial survey indicated that no other dead birds were found outside of that area.

Comments (Page 352)

Showing posts 7,021 - 7,040 of9,715
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Conserve Wildlife Habitat”

Since: Dec 10

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! Name one protected species I poached. YOU CAN'T! Just like you can't name one freedom you have lost. I made no mention of hunting anything illegally but just like a typical LIBERAL you jump to conclusions without gathering any facts!
You have already admitted to poaching. Have a bad memory? Let me refresh it for you;
"thousands of sparrows and meadowlarks."
You do know that meadowlarks are protected under the MBTA, are you not? As are MOST sparrows. The ONLY sparrow that is not protected under the MBTA is the House Sparrow (the non-native English Sparrow that can be found almost everywhere there are humans and buildings.)
ALL the other sparrows ARE protected. Here are some of the ones you most likely killed "illegally."
http://www.nmbirds.org/...
Old Army

Dunbar, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

Judged:

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you would say something vulgar you filthy old geezer...speaks a lot about you..
I'm sorry, did I hurt your sensative feelings. You can dish out vile commnents about me but can't take them when the tables are turned. What kind of "man" are you then?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

Raptor in Michigan wrote:
<quoted text>
You have already admitted to poaching. Have a bad memory? Let me refresh it for you;
You do know that meadowlarks are protected under the MBTA, are you not? As are MOST sparrows. The ONLY sparrow that is not protected under the MBTA is the House Sparrow (the non-native English Sparrow that can be found almost everywhere there are humans and buildings.)
ALL the other sparrows ARE protected. Here are some of the ones you most likely killed "illegally."
Listen you stupid lib, post where I have admitted to poaching! I have told you on 3 seperate occassions that I was around 10 years old when I killed sparrows and meadowlarks. Now tell me genius were those birds protected when I was 10 years old? Stop lying. You have no idea what in the hell you are talking about. You should learn about nature first before you take up a cause you know nothing about. I have no regrets for killing anything, never have never will!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
By the way dumb ass it is not ILLEGAL to KILL sparrows in NEW MEXICO! END OF STORY!

http://icwdm.org/handbook/birds/HouseSparrows...

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Listen you stupid lib, post where I have admitted to poaching! I have told you on 3 seperate occassions that I was around 10 years old when I killed sparrows and meadowlarks. Now tell me genius were those birds protected when I was 10 years old? Stop lying. You have no idea what in the hell you are talking about. You should learn about nature first before you take up a cause you know nothing about. I have no regrets for killing anything, never have never will!
I have better things to do than to search posts from two weeks ago to find your exact words. But I remember even Old Army telling you that killing those birds was nothing to be bragging about.

"Now tell me genius were those birds protected when I was 10 years old?"
Why yes. Yes, they were. Unless you are older than 104 years old.

"Stop lying."
Post proof that I have lied about anything.

"You should learn about nature first before you take up a cause you know nothing about."
I can assure you, when it comes to birds, I damn well DO know what I'm talking about.

Boy, you are a defensive one!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>By the way dumb ass it is not ILLEGAL to KILL sparrows in NEW MEXICO! END OF STORY!
If that's the end of the story, you better rewrite the beginning.... and the body.

You must have a reading comprehension problem. This is what I wrote in post #7493:
"You do know that meadowlarks are protected under the MBTA, are you not? As are MOST sparrows. The ONLY sparrow that is not protected under the MBTA is the House Sparrow (the non-native English Sparrow that can be found almost everywhere there are humans and buildings.)
ALL the other sparrows ARE protected."

I am fully aware that HOUSE SPARROWS are not protected by law. But ALL OTHER SPARROWS ARE. Here is a long list of them- all found in New Mexico.

And seeing that you were a ten year old kid, and you killed "thousands," it's a good bet you killed not only House Sparrows, but other sparrows as well.

You do know, as a "well informed" hunter and outdoorsman, that there are dozens of sparrow species in your state, correct?(Well, maybe as a ten year old, you didn't. I question why you were set loose with a gun as a child??)

Hell, I've never even birded in your state and I could name every damn sparrow without even looking at the list. What's more, I could not only list them, I could identify each and every one by either sight, OR sound, alone.

And you say I need to learn about nature? I admit, there's always more to learn and I am always eager to learn more. But I would say you could learn a few things as well, Warrior. There's more to nature than just stalking and killing.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>By the way dumb ass it is not ILLEGAL to KILL sparrows in NEW MEXICO! END OF STORY!
You will likely not believe anything I tell you, so here you go. The LAW, as written and passed in 1918 and amended a few times since then. That is the MBTA.(Migratory Bird Treaty Act)
Notice it is still illegal to kill, or even pick a feather off the ground, from a protected species.

http://www.fws.gov/laws/lawsdigest/migtrea.ht...
Just Curious

Cuero, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Judged:

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Listen you stupid lib, post where I have admitted to poaching! I have told you on 3 seperate occassions that I was around 10 years old when I killed sparrows and meadowlarks. Now tell me genius were those birds protected when I was 10 years old? Stop lying. You have no idea what in the hell you are talking about. You should learn about nature first before you take up a cause you know nothing about. I have no regrets for killing anything, never have never will!
This Topix has gone to shit. Warrior you are a cold blooded bird killer. I hope one day a giant Michigan Taradactle Raptor swoops you up and devours your sorry no good for nothing carcass.
Old Army

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

well if the sacred foo bird shets on your head dont wipe it off its instant death....so if the foo shets wear it...

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Just Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
This Topix has gone to shit. Warrior you are a cold blooded bird killer. I hope one day a giant Michigan Taradactle Raptor swoops you up and devours your sorry no good for nothing carcass.
I have to disagree on two counts:
1. This thread has NOT gone to shit. Though it's been in and out of the toilet a few times since its inception.
2.(this one might come as a surprise) I don't believe Warrior is a cold-blooded bird killer....at least not now....IF what he says is true about only killing protected birds when he was ten years old. He may have grown up in one way, but there's still some growing up to be done, IMO.

“Under his spell”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Well thats strange 1000 is big number this is something to research ill be sure to avoid going to Arkansas

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

MykissleavesyouBreathless wrote:
Well thats strange 1000 is big number this is something to research ill be sure to avoid going to Arkansas
What's strange? What needs to be researched?
Churmudgeon

Ash Flat, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Good stay away. We dont need anymore people in Arkansas. we dont even want any oxygen thieves to visit.

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Churmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text> Good stay away. We dont need anymore people in Arkansas. we dont even want any oxygen thieves to visit.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I'll be in Arkansas in a few weeks. Please keep me informed when the colors start to change in the Ozarks, K, Churm?
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

<quoted text>
I have better things to do than to search posts from two weeks ago to find your exact words. But I remember even Old Army telling you that killing those birds was nothing to be bragging about.
"Now tell me genius were those birds protected when I was 10 years old?"
Why yes. Yes, they were. Unless you are older than 104 years old.
"Stop lying."
Post proof that I have lied about anything.
"You should learn about nature first before you take up a cause you know nothing about."
I can assure you, when it comes to birds, I damn well DO know what I'm talking about.
Boy, you are a defensive one!
I posted a link above that says killing sparrows is not illegal in New Mexico this makes you a LIAR. Maybe I need to post it in Brail or narrow it down to where a 3rd grader can read and understand it. Let me know what I need to do to help you. It ALWAYS seems that you never let the FACTS get in the way of your opinion!

“Under his spell”

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

<quoted text>
What's strange? What needs to be researched?
the title post
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

<quoted text>
If that's the end of the story, you better rewrite the beginning.... and the body.
You must have a reading comprehension problem. This is what I wrote in post #7493:
"You do know that meadowlarks are protected under the MBTA, are you not? As are MOST sparrows. The ONLY sparrow that is not protected under the MBTA is the House Sparrow (the non-native English Sparrow that can be found almost everywhere there are humans and buildings.)
ALL the other sparrows ARE protected."
I am fully aware that HOUSE SPARROWS are not protected by law. But ALL OTHER SPARROWS ARE. Here is a long list of them- all found in New Mexico.
And seeing that you were a ten year old kid, and you killed "thousands," it's a good bet you killed not only House Sparrows, but other sparrows as well.
You do know, as a "well informed" hunter and outdoorsman, that there are dozens of sparrow species in your state, correct?(Well, maybe as a ten year old, you didn't. I question why you were set loose with a gun as a child??)
Hell, I've never even birded in your state and I could name every damn sparrow without even looking at the list. What's more, I could not only list them, I could identify each and every one by either sight, OR sound, alone.
And you say I need to learn about nature? I admit, there's always more to learn and I am always eager to learn more. But I would say you could learn a few things as well, Warrior. There's more to nature than just stalking and killing.
I killed nothing but THOUSANDS of House Sparrows and Meadowlarks were not endangered when I was 10 years old. You are LYING when you say you can identify each and everyone by SOUND ALONE! The foremost birding expert in the world can not even do that. Why would you admit that you could learn more especially after saying you could identify all of them by sight and sound alone? LMAO! I do find you entertaining though!
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

<quoted text>
You will likely not believe anything I tell you, so here you go. The LAW, as written and passed in 1918 and amended a few times since then. That is the MBTA.(Migratory Bird Treaty Act)
Notice it is still illegal to kill, or even pick a feather off the ground, from a protected species.
http://www.fws.gov/laws/lawsdigest/migtrea.ht...
I will believe you when you start telling the truth. I don't care about your protected species. Prove I killed one of them, just one!

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>I posted a link above that says killing sparrows is not illegal in New Mexico this makes you a LIAR. Maybe I need to post it in Brail or narrow it down to where a 3rd grader can read and understand it. Let me know what I need to do to help you. It ALWAYS seems that you never let the FACTS get in the way of your opinion!
It is ILLEGAL to kill sparrows in New Mexico, as it is in ALL OTHER STATES.(with the exception ONCE AGAIN of HOUSE SPARROWS- A non-native species.)
You CANNOT legally kill Cassin's, Black-throated, Song, Field, White-crowned, White-throated, Grasshopper, Clay-colored, Brewers, Lark, Vesper, Baird's, Lincolns, Swamp, Harris's, Fox, Savannah Sparrows, etc.........as well as towhees and junco's which are also sparrows.

You are the one acting like a third grader. Why can't you ever just read something and learn from it, or verify it if you think it's incorrect, rather than disputing the message and the messenger because you don't like what's being said?

SE Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

<quoted text>
the title post
That's already been done.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,021 - 7,040 of9,715
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Turrell Discussions

Search the Turrell Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Former Arkansas Legislator Hudson Hallum Senten... (Jul '13) 8 min JoeyBombs 36
Justin,Jason Easley, Brad Glover , Corey harbin... (Aug '13) 1 hr Karma hits hard 19
ready to talk 1 hr Karma hits hard 5
Rodney Harris 2 hr Karma hits hard 11
Does anybody know David Watson ? (Aug '10) 4 hr cam 4
'Tyboogie's' to Bring Farm Fresh Dishes to Tyronza 6 hr Tyronza Resturant 8
Larry Whitefield 7 hr guest 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Turrell Jobs

•••
•••