30-Minute Chase: Man shot, killed by ...

30-Minute Chase: Man shot, killed by police likely unarmed

There are 59 comments on the Charlotte.com story from Dec 19, 2007, titled 30-Minute Chase: Man shot, killed by police likely unarmed. In it, Charlotte.com reports that:

A Mooresville man shot and killed during a police chase Monday likely wasn't armed, an official said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charlotte.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
leeza_lg

United States

#42 Dec 31, 2009
IREDELL COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT YOU ALL SUCK...AND NOT TO MENTION DO FAVORS FOR THE LOW LIFE TRIFLIN TRICKS YOU STOP IF THEY DO YOU FAVORS...KNOW WHAT I MEAN AND YOU GO TO EXTREMES WITH YOUR RIGHTS AS OFFICERS...HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE TO DIE BY THE HANDS OF ICPD LATELY...IS HE??? NOW I TELL YOU THIS I AM GOING TO TRY MY HARDEST TO GET A FULL BLOWN INVESTIGATION STARTED AND I DONT CARE WHO ON HERE LIKES ME I AM NOT MAKING ANY EXCUSES FOR ANYONE I AM SAYING HOW I FEEL ABOUT THE CROOKED UNDERHANDED OFFICERS BE IT THE K-9 UNIT WITH THE DISAPPEARING EVIDENCE OR THE FAST ACTING DETECTIVES THAT SKIP VERY IMPORTANT PROCESSES DURING THESE INVESTIGATIONS YOU KNOW KIND A LIKE THE BARNEY FIFE DAYS...ARRESTING ONE OF THIER OWN IS AN EXAMPLE OF THAT...AND TAZING INMATES WITH HIGH RISK MEDICAL CONDITIONS ....GOOD JOB KEEP IT UP....HOPEFULLY ELAINA BOBBIT WILL GET YOU BEFORE THE BLONDE THAT IS WELL KNOW BY THE FORCE WITH HER TRACKED UP ARMS...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK....HOPEFULLY YOU WILL MAKE THE FRONT PAGE SOON FOR A MAJOR INVESTIGATION.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#43 Dec 31, 2009
leeza_lg wrote:
IREDELL COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT YOU ALL SUCK...AND NOT TO MENTION DO FAVORS FOR THE LOW LIFE TRIFLIN TRICKS YOU STOP IF THEY DO YOU FAVORS...KNOW WHAT I MEAN AND YOU GO TO EXTREMES WITH YOUR RIGHTS AS OFFICERS...HE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE TO DIE BY THE HANDS OF ICPD LATELY...IS HE??? NOW I TELL YOU THIS I AM GOING TO TRY MY HARDEST TO GET A FULL BLOWN INVESTIGATION STARTED AND I DONT CARE WHO ON HERE LIKES ME I AM NOT MAKING ANY EXCUSES FOR ANYONE I AM SAYING HOW I FEEL ABOUT THE CROOKED UNDERHANDED OFFICERS BE IT THE K-9 UNIT WITH THE DISAPPEARING EVIDENCE OR THE FAST ACTING DETECTIVES THAT SKIP VERY IMPORTANT PROCESSES DURING THESE INVESTIGATIONS YOU KNOW KIND A LIKE THE BARNEY FIFE DAYS...ARRESTING ONE OF THIER OWN IS AN EXAMPLE OF THAT...AND TAZING INMATES WITH HIGH RISK MEDICAL CONDITIONS ....GOOD JOB KEEP IT UP....HOPEFULLY ELAINA BOBBIT WILL GET YOU BEFORE THE BLONDE THAT IS WELL KNOW BY THE FORCE WITH HER TRACKED UP ARMS...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK....HOPEFULLY YOU WILL MAKE THE FRONT PAGE SOON FOR A MAJOR INVESTIGATION.
I'm sure the families of Jeffrey Peck and Jennifer Vincek agree.

I'm really sorry the Statesville PD didn't shoot Ramsuer as soon as they caught him.

If the Iredell County jail is so bad, why is Ramseur still alive? I'll admit, if I was a deputy there, I'd make it a regular part of my day to make his life as completely miserable as possible. I look forward to his sentencing.
leeza_lg

United States

#44 Jan 1, 2010
get fiscal wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the families of Jeffrey Peck and Jennifer Vincek agree.
I'm really sorry the Statesville PD didn't shoot Ramsuer as soon as they caught him.
If the Iredell County jail is so bad, why is Ramseur still alive? I'll admit, if I was a deputy there, I'd make it a regular part of my day to make his life as completely miserable as possible. I look forward to his sentencing.
NO I DONT FEEL THAT YOU ARE INCORRECT WITH THE RESPONSE.I AM MERELY STATING SOME DEFINITE FACTS THAT ARE VERIFIABLE...WHEN THOSE IN AUTHORITY REACT INAPPROPRIATELY WE AS A WHOLE SHOULD NOT TOLERATE IT. WHEN A GROUP OF LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS CROSS THE LINE THEN THEY AS WELL AS THE CRIMINALS THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO PROTECT SOCIETY FROM SHOULD BE DEALT WITH IN THE SAME MANNER....THERE ARE TO MANY THAT ARE CROSSING THE LINE IN ICPD....GO BACK THROUGH THE ARCHIVES OF DIFFERENT SERIOUS SITUATIONS THAT HAVE OCCURRED IN THAT COUNTY AND SEE WHAT YOU FIND. I AM NOT UNEDUCATED I KNOW THAT THE RESPONSIBILITIES MUST BE INTOLERABLE AT TIME AND A SNAP DECISION MUST BE MADE IN SOME INSTANCES,BUT DO SOME RESEARCH AND WAY THE PROS AND CONS OF THE FORCE.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#45 Jan 1, 2010
leeza_lg wrote:
<quoted text>NO I DONT FEEL THAT YOU ARE INCORRECT WITH THE RESPONSE.I AM MERELY STATING SOME DEFINITE FACTS THAT ARE VERIFIABLE...WHEN THOSE IN AUTHORITY REACT INAPPROPRIATELY WE AS A WHOLE SHOULD NOT TOLERATE IT. WHEN A GROUP OF LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS CROSS THE LINE THEN THEY AS WELL AS THE CRIMINALS THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO PROTECT SOCIETY FROM SHOULD BE DEALT WITH IN THE SAME MANNER....THERE ARE TO MANY THAT ARE CROSSING THE LINE IN ICPD....GO BACK THROUGH THE ARCHIVES OF DIFFERENT SERIOUS SITUATIONS THAT HAVE OCCURRED IN THAT COUNTY AND SEE WHAT YOU FIND. I AM NOT UNEDUCATED I KNOW THAT THE RESPONSIBILITIES MUST BE INTOLERABLE AT TIME AND A SNAP DECISION MUST BE MADE IN SOME INSTANCES,BUT DO SOME RESEARCH AND WAY THE PROS AND CONS OF THE FORCE.
I know you mean well and your heart is in the right place.
Jack Daniels

United States

#46 Jan 3, 2010
That just begs the question what the hell were the cops doing that instigated a chase to begin with? Also what the hell were they doing endangering other people's lives on the road for that 30 liong minutes? It's real simple, if you don't have maniacs out there chasing people, they won't be running like that. I seriously wish I had a box of marbles for every individual I catch driving nuts like that.

These damned high speed chases need to be put a stop to. There ain't no sense at all in it. You've gotta be one psychotic SOB to do something like that, and it just shows they don't have a care in the world for the rest of the people on the road. 2 wrongs don't make a right, and if the damned cops are out there driving like maniacs, then they are just as guilty as the criminal running, and they're supposed to be above that and have a higher code of conduct, but not in this society we have. We've got a bunch of lunatics on both sides playing real life "Cowboys and Indians", and the only difference is they're out there doing it and risking everybody's life on the road. In real life that ain't no game.

I bet some of these loudmouth's on here would change their tune real quick if somebody they loved got slammed into by one of them, or if they themselves got slammed into and put in a coma for a few days. God forbid they kill one of your kids out there.
leeza_lg

United States

#47 Jan 4, 2010
Jack Daniels u took the words out of my mouth...it has to end if you knew what i know about that force you would be ascared every day....and so would all the others out in society...i have been doing my own little investigation because they continue to attempt to have their own code of ethics,investigation processes,and ways of dealing with things in general in iredell county i promise you all if i can one voice will be heard soon and i will try to make a difference for everyone not just for myself but for iredell county citizens in general. They continue to cross the line actually its repeated and repeated with no type of intervention from anyone up higher. WE WILL SEE!!!
jazsamsmom

Boonville, NC

#48 Jan 14, 2010
ramseur will fry and will be there to watch even if it is in 50 or so years those girls wont have to grow up without a mom now but what he did was cold blooded and cruel she was crawling away when he shot her in the back
Mark Hansen

AOL

#49 Jan 14, 2010
Jack Daniels wrote:
That just begs the question what the hell were the cops doing that instigated a chase to begin with? Also what the hell were they doing endangering other people's lives on the road for that 30 liong minutes? It's real simple, if you don't have maniacs out there chasing people, they won't be running like that. I seriously wish I had a box of marbles for every individual I catch driving nuts like that.
These damned high speed chases need to be put a stop to. There ain't no sense at all in it. You've gotta be one psychotic SOB to do something like that, and it just shows they don't have a care in the world for the rest of the people on the road. 2 wrongs don't make a right, and if the damned cops are out there driving like maniacs, then they are just as guilty as the criminal running, and they're supposed to be above that and have a higher code of conduct, but not in this society we have. We've got a bunch of lunatics on both sides playing real life "Cowboys and Indians", and the only difference is they're out there doing it and risking everybody's life on the road. In real life that ain't no game.
I bet some of these loudmouth's on here would change their tune real quick if somebody they loved got slammed into by one of them, or if they themselves got slammed into and put in a coma for a few days. God forbid they kill one of your kids out there.
Hinkley you have outdone yourself ,The bigger issue was the penalty of BWB. Every situration calls for a different action .If you can pass the mental test join the squad and sit there and eat donuts and not engage the perps.When the next chase is aborted and they go commit again then the story will change ,If they were smart enough to put a NRA and have a clan hood in the back they would have had a different outcome.
Dusty

Lincolnton, NC

#50 Jan 17, 2010
Great work police, keep shootin and eliminate trash!!!
Jack Daniels

United States

#51 Jan 20, 2010
leeza_lg wrote:
Jack Daniels u took the words out of my mouth...it has to end if you knew what i know about that force you would be ascared every day....and so would all the others out in society...i have been doing my own little investigation because they continue to attempt to have their own code of ethics,investigation processes,and ways of dealing with things in general in iredell county i promise you all if i can one voice will be heard soon and i will try to make a difference for everyone not just for myself but for iredell county citizens in general. They continue to cross the line actually its repeated and repeated with no type of intervention from anyone up higher. WE WILL SEE!!!
Leez,
Put the Fed's on them. Tell them you want protection from them though when you do, and you do NOT want your name or personal info involved in it. Let them conduct their own investigation. If there are criminals in the Police force then they too will pay. The locals won;t do anything, but the Fed's however can coduct a secret investigation and catch them redhanded ina sting if they are doing illegal shit. There's definitely a case for Murder here, and yes i know exactly what some of the scum do. I've seen them doing it. It doesn;t just happen in Iredell, and it's not all police officers. It is a certain bad element that likes to start trouble, and instead of dealing with crime, they make their own crimes happen, then try to look like the hero.

I've seen these lead foots out there, and it happens out here where I live not too far from Iredell, so yes, I really do see it. It's just like I said though. From that standpoint of driving like a damned maniac, I'd seriously love to catch them (even just one time) coming down this road out here driving like that when I could get close enough. I can assure you, that if I ever do it'll be last time they endager the kids around here.

This world we live in here has been going to hell in a handbasket, but during my last years in life, I'm doing everything in my power to change it, and it WILL change. One such change happened just tonight, and there will be alot more changes coming.
pauly

Mesa, AZ

#53 Feb 1, 2010
jazsamsmom wrote:
ramseur will fry and will be there to watch even if it is in 50 or so years those girls wont have to grow up without a mom now but what he did was cold blooded and cruel she was crawling away when he shot her in the back
agreed he killed my uncle too
Concerned citizen

Mooresville, NC

#54 Feb 2, 2010
LEE wrote:
WANDA,
THE POLICE KNEW WHO THEY WERE SHOTING AT; HE WAS CRAZY.I HOPE PEOPLE STOP ALL THE STUPID STUFF & SUPPORT OUR POLICE. I SUPPORT THEM 100%. I'LL BET IF YOU EVER NEED THEM TO PROTECT YOU, YOU WOULD BE SUPPORTING THEM. IF YOU RUN YOU MAY DIE, I KNOW THIS AS DO ALL SANE PEOPLE.
the mooresville/mayberry police need to calm it done a few degrees....this aint l.a., and they arent l.a.p.d.

“Cynical Scumbag”

Since: Jan 10

Lima Peru

#55 Feb 3, 2010
Jack Daniels wrote:
That just begs the question what the hell were the cops doing that instigated a chase to begin with? Also what the hell were they doing endangering other people's lives on the road for that 30 liong minutes? It's real simple, if you don't have maniacs out there chasing people, they won't be running like that. I seriously wish I had a box of marbles for every individual I catch driving nuts like that.
These damned high speed chases need to be put a stop to. There ain't no sense at all in it. You've gotta be one psychotic SOB to do something like that, and it just shows they don't have a care in the world for the rest of the people on the road. 2 wrongs don't make a right, and if the damned cops are out there driving like maniacs, then they are just as guilty as the criminal running, and they're supposed to be above that and have a higher code of conduct, but not in this society we have. We've got a bunch of lunatics on both sides playing real life "Cowboys and Indians", and the only difference is they're out there doing it and risking everybody's life on the road. In real life that ain't no game.
I bet some of these loudmouth's on here would change their tune real quick if somebody they loved got slammed into by one of them, or if they themselves got slammed into and put in a coma for a few days. God forbid they kill one of your kids out there.
Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. So when some scumbag wants to kill someone, rape, rob etc. all he has to do is get in his car and drive fast to get away with it? Why not put the blame where it belongs, on the wastes of life that break the law? Use some common sense. If a fool runs from the police and gets killed, so what. One less POS wasting oxygen. Just because you are a criminal doesn't mean everyone else hates the police.

“Cynical Scumbag”

Since: Jan 10

Lima Peru

#56 Feb 3, 2010
leeza_lg wrote:
Jack Daniels u took the words out of my mouth...it has to end if you knew what i know about that force you would be ascared every day....and so would all the others out in society...i have been doing my own little investigation because they continue to attempt to have their own code of ethics,investigation processes,and ways of dealing with things in general in iredell county i promise you all if i can one voice will be heard soon and i will try to make a difference for everyone not just for myself but for iredell county citizens in general. They continue to cross the line actually its repeated and repeated with no type of intervention from anyone up higher. WE WILL SEE!!!
Yeah, you do that. Why not put the blame on the filth that breaks the law.
Sheila

United States

#57 Feb 14, 2010
Keep eliminating thugs and trash!! Great shot!!!!!
The officer did the right thing deserves a big bonus.
redlocs

Arrington, TN

#58 Feb 19, 2010
go to hell blackcloud.. he wasnt convicted of anything and you should be ashamed of yourself.. having a drug problem doesnt warrent the death penalty.. it is an illness you idiot. I come from a law enforcement background (police) and I know that policemen are not always right as they are human and so was this child. Whomever didn't make mistakes in thier early twenties (20-25) lived in a bubble. Stop judgeing without knowing all the facts.. You would feel differently if it was your family. And it doesnt matter if he was married or not his child is now fatherless. Damn you need to learn som humility while you are trying to correct someones gram... Go to hell.. I feel for the karma you and your offspring will reap!
Joe

Morganton, NC

#59 Feb 21, 2010
Any idiot that takes drugs deserves the eletric chair, it works and is a great problem solver!!!
freekin idiots

Weaverville, NC

#60 Mar 19, 2010
what uneducated ignorant responses from Joe and Sheila....cant wait til you get yours and u will..a** wipes
I dont trust the law

United States

#61 Apr 2, 2010
gosh i havent been on for a while now see its the same crap hidden location....of the most unique responses....smutt to you i say...THE same to you probably have a history of your own....so why dont you and sheila like try to hook up you seem to have the same outlook on life...hey maybe you all could try to change the law regarding speeders ...U KNOW DONT GIVE THEM A TICKET OR TAKE THEM THRU THE COURT PROCESS JUST ELIMINATE THEM...ANOTHER HIGH IQ RESPONSE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Turnersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
david stump (Jul '11) Jul '11 from 1smart A 2 a... 1
News Mental health clinics in Iredell to close next ... (Feb '08) Aug '08 Two mental health... 2
News Cars seized because of prior DWI charges (Mar '08) Mar '08 tlc97 1
News Possible Start Date: July 1: Curbside recycling... (Jan '08) Mar '08 Mooresville Citizen 4
News Sex offender accused of raping toddler (Feb '08) Feb '08 ladyd 4
Smokers and Scumbags (Jan '08) Jan '08 just candid 1
News Man dies after Mooresville chase (Jan '08) Jan '08 CHAIR-BEAR 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Turnersburg Mortgages