Lewis County marijuana harvest yields around 500 plants

Nov 8, 2012 Full story: Watertown Daily Times 26

Area police agencies have discovered about 500 marijuana plants in Lewis County during their annual fall harvest, most of them on Tug Hill.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lewis County Authorities

Lowville, NY

#1 Nov 8, 2012
Please tell me Lewis County police really aren't stupid to make this public knowledge rather than set up a sting operation and install cameras to catch those involved. Of course they're not coming back for their crops now! And whatever happened to the other crop finding where there were cameras installed? Were they just go lazy to go through all the video?
a person

United States

#2 Nov 8, 2012
watertown daily times is a joke.
WDT Misinformation

Lowville, NY

#3 Nov 8, 2012
Another case of the Watertown Daily Times trying to prove a case without getting all of the factual evidence, no doubt. If Lewis County editors want to be detectives, perhaps they should take some courses in Criminal Justice. Basically, we can't believe much of this.
duh

Lowville, NY

#4 Nov 8, 2012
Looks like another case that the court system won't be able to solve due to WDT interfering with the investigation by making assumptions. Retards... try to get it right for once!
something to think about

Boonville, NY

#5 Nov 8, 2012
If you haven't figured out yet that the sheriff's department is useless you never will. They do absolutely nothing. You know why they won't make any arrests. it's because they know who they belong too. The ones in west turin belong to a son of a ex county legislator. he grows it every year and the cops know it. One other thing i'm wondering about is if they only destroyed 80 plants. Where did the other 420 go. Did they split them up between the rest of the sheriff's office.
druggies

Lowville, NY

#6 Nov 10, 2012
Interesting that the math ironically turns out to be a 420 difference. You're probably right - the sheriff's dept wanted it for later. Great way to enforce the law - NOT!
get real

Utica, NY

#7 Nov 11, 2012
They are legalizing it in other states so what's the big fking deal! Go chase real criminals for crying out loud! I take down every trail cam I find! If it's on my property, I don't give a good shit who put it there it's in the wood stove! If the cops or dec doesn't like it show me the warrant you had to put them there in the first place!
agree

United States

#8 Nov 11, 2012
get real wrote:
They are legalizing it in other states so what's the big fking deal! Go chase real criminals for crying out loud! I take down every trail cam I find! If it's on my property, I don't give a good shit who put it there it's in the wood stove! If the cops or dec doesn't like it show me the warrant you had to put them there in the first place!
yeah okay keep dreaming. Maybe you will be charged with tampering with evidence. Sounds like you are the criminal.... Another Lewis County Druggie heard from.
ridiculous

Syracuse, NY

#9 Nov 11, 2012
the paper is not worth buying any more. Wake up Lewis County. If you are going to spend taxpayer money like that, follow through and get drug dealers off the streets away from our children and grandchildren.
youre wrong

United States

#10 Nov 11, 2012
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah okay keep dreaming. Maybe you will be charged with tampering with evidence. Sounds like you are the criminal.... Another Lewis County Druggie heard from.
No one has the right to put a trail cam on MY property. Ever. For anything. I would take it and keep it and use it myself if I ever found one on MY land. Are you going to bend over & just let the government take ALL your rights away? Sure sounds like it to me.
ridiculous

Lowville, NY

#11 Nov 11, 2012
youre wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has the right to put a trail cam on MY property. Ever. For anything. I would take it and keep it and use it myself if I ever found one on MY land. Are you going to bend over & just let the government take ALL your rights a.way? Sure sounds like it to me.
I don't let people take my rights away. No one was talking about private property - this is state land people are trying to make an illegal profit from and put people in harms way, but the stupid people working for the paper aren't letting cops do their job and crack down on the operation. Now their whole cover is blown.
something to think about

Boonville, NY

#12 Nov 12, 2012
ridiculous wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't let people take my rights away. No one was talking about private property - this is state land people are trying to make an illegal profit from and put people in harms way, but the stupid people working for the paper aren't letting cops do their job and crack down on the operation. Now their whole cover is blown.
What Cover! They aren't trying to catch anyone anyway.
the mayor

Boonville, NY

#13 Nov 12, 2012
This is the biggest bunch of idiots I seen on here yet. Bunch of motor mouths don`t know anything, think they all take classes at ARC. Keep posting stupid jerks I like to read you jokes.
something to think about

Boonville, NY

#14 Nov 13, 2012
the mayor wrote:
This is the biggest bunch of idiots I seen on here yet. Bunch of motor mouths don`t know anything, think they all take classes at ARC. Keep posting stupid jerks I like to read you jokes.
yup! Your another one of lewis counties geniuses. You talk like you have a first grade education. Go smoke some more weed.
the mayor

Boonville, NY

#15 Nov 13, 2012
something to think about wrote:
<quoted text>
yup! Your another one of lewis counties geniuses. You talk like you have a first grade education. Go smoke some more weed.
Can`t smoke the weed you already smoked it all up. First grade education is better then you who have, no education at all.
Bro

Gloversville, NY

#16 Sep 12, 2013
the mayor wrote:
<quoted text> Can`t smoke the weed you already smoked it all up. First grade education is better then you who have, no education at all.
that person at least knows proper English if ur gunna get offended stay off topix
nbopqw

Boonville, NY

#17 Sep 12, 2013
They will never catch them all in south lewis, there is to many growers there
i know

Boonville, NY

#18 Sep 12, 2013
a lot of these growers plant on state land
Dr Dolittle

Boonville, NY

#19 Sep 14, 2013
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
ad is this another insane Lewis County finest....?????! Why don't you do your job....and stop trying to do it on here...you're only sounding like the hot tempered sizzle head you really are...God Help You....Calloused!!!!!!!!!!
watson native

Lowville, NY

#21 Sep 17, 2013
Maybe the police don't want to catch them.The pot laws are all but history.Why waste time & energy enforcing laws that will be erased in the next year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Turin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jobs coming in Utica with potential impact on L... 25 min Thunder Thighed U... 46
Xmas gifts 1 hr Apple 9
Friends 1 hr Lucy 7
Casey Cooley 9 hr Cara 1
Town of Leyden 10 hr Rich Yelton JR 23
Lowville man charged with second-degree assault 14 hr LMFAO 4
Crime warner cable Rate Hikes 17 hr Cousin Jim 4
Turin Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Turin People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Turin News, Events & Info