Adirondack resort plan clashes with t...

Adirondack resort plan clashes with the law

There are 3 comments on the Albany Times Union story from Jan 17, 2012, titled Adirondack resort plan clashes with the law. In it, Albany Times Union reports that:

The decision expected this week by the Adirondack Park Agency on the huge Adirondack Club and Resort project in Tupper Lake would appear to be a choice between spurring economic growth and protecting the environment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Albany Times Union.

sad4tupperlake

Gloversville, NY

#1 Jan 18, 2012
Agreed. The act that established Park was crafted specifically to prevent development of this nature. The people of Tupper Lake are ignorant of what is really about to happen to their peaceful town and quality of life. Oh, there are some who will benefit - those same folks who are pushing for the development - but most will pay dearly and will regret the loss of the life they once enjoyed in a quiet town, with clean water and dark, quiet nights. It's really a shame that the APA is considering awarding a permit for this disaster-waiting-to-happen. You would think the new Chairperson, being an Adirondack resident, would be more assertive about protecting the Park from greedy, malicious developers. This proposed development stands contrary to everything the Adirondack Park represents. If the permit is issued, hopefully lawsuits will bring to the foreground the illegalities of the project and the wrongfully issued permit. I will pray for the people of Tupper Lake, the residents and visitors of the Adirondacks that it doesn't get that far and that the APA Board comes to its senses and realizes what a huge and irreparable mistake this will be.

Since: Dec 11

Rome, NY

#2 Jan 21, 2012
Well the vote is in .......YES.......Tupper Lake is the big winner.........This will be the greatest thing to happen to this community......What a great party last night to celebrate the APA's vote to Approve the permits.........It is a great day to be a Tupper!
Is there anyone who was not there last night.........did you miss a great time!!!!!
really

Methuen, MA

#3 Jan 25, 2012
sad4tupperlake wrote:
Agreed. The act that established Park was crafted specifically to prevent development of this nature. The people of Tupper Lake are ignorant of what is really about to happen to their peaceful town and quality of life. Oh, there are some who will benefit - those same folks who are pushing for the development - but most will pay dearly and will regret the loss of the life they once enjoyed in a quiet town, with clean water and dark, quiet nights. It's really a shame that the APA is considering awarding a permit for this disaster-waiting-to-happen. You would think the new Chairperson, being an Adirondack resident, would be more assertive about protecting the Park from greedy, malicious developers. This proposed development stands contrary to everything the Adirondack Park represents. If the permit is issued, hopefully lawsuits will bring to the foreground the illegalities of the project and the wrongfully issued permit. I will pray for the people of Tupper Lake, the residents and visitors of the Adirondacks that it doesn't get that far and that the APA Board comes to its senses and realizes what a huge and irreparable mistake this will be.
20 years from now I will be missing this peaceful town of empty buildings and quiet streets? I dare think not!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tupper Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stop using this site to run another person down (Jan '11) Tue whataboutourselves 5
francis the theif green Mon lol 5
Google Cheryl Greiner (the Drunk) Sun Sarah 4
is lake placid railroad full of gay people now? (Oct '11) May 28 and3rs3n1k 25
Three fathers May 28 Frank 1
Stone Manor Diner May 28 rukking 2
terry green loggin May 28 fake 21
More from around the web

Tupper Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]