Franklin County Legislators Argue 2012 Goals

Mar 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Ogdensburg Courier-Observer/Journal

A discussion on the process for the 2012 budget at this week's Franklin County Board of Legislators meeting turned into a heated argument among legislators over what the county may face next year.

Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Mar 6, 2011
rifleman73

Warrensburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

It's time to bite the bullet,not in Oct.the old timers there are pulling the same stunt as last year!and Paul quit grand-standing in front of the press-------were not impressed!
mickey

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 5, 2011
 

Judged:

2

You don't have to worry about seeing any of those guys on "JEOPARDY", that's for sure.
rifleman73

Warrensburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

mickey wrote:
You don't have to worry about seeing any of those guys on "JEOPARDY", that's for sure.
The only thing in JEOPARDY are our taxes and how much more next year,I hope they don't do like last year and close the barn door after the horse is out???

Since: Sep 08

Manassas, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 5, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

Who gets to keep the money at the end of all this B.S. is the real question ????.

xd
eyes and ears

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 5, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

2

The first one that should be kick out is Tim (guy) he has run this county into the ground with piss poor leadership and with total disregaurd for public interest. The only priority he has is to get down to the american legion in Ft. Covington for a drink !!!
eyes and ears

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Sorry left out his last name SMITH
This isntKansas

Lake Placid, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

eyes and ears wrote:
The first one that should be kick out is Tim (guy) he has run this county into the ground with piss poor leadership and with total disregaurd for public interest. The only priority he has is to get down to the american legion in Ft. Covington for a drink !!!
I agree. A change in leadership would be a huge step forward. Tim (Guy) Smith is a politician with all of the baggage that comes with it. He does not lead. Is there a leader on the board - Burpoe - Jones -??
rifleman73

Warrensburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 5, 2011
 
I think B. jones should take the leader-ship,new blood new ideas,Smith is so out of touch with the people it's almost laughable to hear him speak,and Burpoe is not a man of his word,he is more about him-self,speaks in circles.
eyes and ears

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 5, 2011
 
VERY TRUE Jones would be a great good step in the right direction he is young and willing to listen. Unlike some that are there way or none at all. Seems to me it would of been nice if the tax payers in this county could of had an opinon on the court house upgrade and not just watch our money get pissed away
Jim

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 5, 2011
 

Judged:

2

rifleman73 wrote:
I think B. jones should take the leader-ship,new blood new ideas,Smith is so out of touch with the people it's almost laughable to hear him speak,and Burpoe is not a man of his word,he is more about him-self,speaks in circles.
LOL...you mean you can understand him when he speaks?
Community2

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 5, 2011
 

Judged:

2

I have to wonder how far "The Dick's" tentacles reach into this mess.
rifleman73

Warrensburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 6, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

eyes and ears wrote:
VERY TRUE Jones would be a great good step in the right direction he is young and willing to listen. Unlike some that are there way or none at all. Seems to me it would of been nice if the tax payers in this county could of had an opinon on the court house upgrade and not just watch our money get pissed away
You are quite right with a project of that magnnitude and the related cost it should have gone before the people for a vote,but it wasn't,even if they would have scaled down some of the projects,like the court yard that nobody uses(can't smoke out there,and you can only use it 5 or 6 months)just up grade the essentials.leave out the PRETTY stuff for another day,and tell the people what it really cost to do this !!!!!!!
Yup

Tully, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I have to wonder why New Hartford thinks anyone gives a rat's azz what it thinks.
yupbites

Hopewell Junction, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 6, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yup wrote:
I have to wonder why New Hartford thinks anyone gives a rat's azz what it thinks.
I have to wonder why u think anyone care or gives a rat azz what u think.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tupper Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
St. Lawrence County legislators sign on to Moha... 2 hr weh 6
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Vote Zornow 6,408
Parishville woman charged with DWI following Fr... 9 hr judge it 16
Colin Gillis is Missing (Mar '12) Tue anonymous 21
who is matt marconi (Jul '10) Tue anonymous 10
Legislature OKs NCCC budget Aug 25 Pelican 7
colton town plowing Aug 13 hitmehard 12
•••
•••
•••

Tupper Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tupper Lake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Tupper Lake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tupper Lake
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••