First Prev
of 3
Next Last
anon

Tupelo, MS

#42 Feb 1, 2013
It is called inflation due to poor leadership in giving benefits that the nation can not afford.
messiah

Ashburn, VA

#43 Feb 5, 2013
I thought this topic was going to be about something else entirely.
tom

Jackson, MS

#44 Feb 9, 2013
Omgahh....u tell people who don't tip well not to eat out! That's crazy if they did that then u would make no money! I mean its just crazy that people come in and just pay there own bill for the food they have purchased ,and not left you a huge tip! I mean foods already high enough u don't think others have hard times without just givin u money! It's not there fault u don't get paid good u should be tAlking to ur boss! Most dining places take tip out of check!
x-waitress

Tupelo, MS

#45 Feb 10, 2013
I waited tables close to 10 years in this town. Been out of the game about 7 now... I tried, AGAIN to take my family out to eat last night in the great town of Tupelo...

Why is it that you have to wait an hour, hour and a half to even get a table in this town??? We waited 1 hour and 30 mins to be sat at a table that was dirty and in my veiw there were 8 other tables waiting to be cleaned... So are we having to wait because the staff at these resteraunts cant keep up??? This is pathetic and to top it all off the food SUCKED!!!

I am sooo tired of this. It is EVERY weekend in Tupelo... This is unaceptable. I am sure there are many more folks in need of a job that would do it faster and without coming on Topix to bitch about it... "My life is soo hard.."

Get up off your asses, do your job right.. If the bus boys are not cleaning your tables fast enough.. DO IT YOURSELF!! I would have been fired on the spot for acting the way some of the staff were acting last night.

And back the the original point. If you want a good tip... F*CKING WORK FOR IT.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#46 Feb 10, 2013
"Why is it that you have to wait an hour, hour and a half to even get a table "
==========
Perhaps you did not have a reservation and did not bribe the Maitre D'. Tupelo is a slave town not a gourmet center. If you want good food cook it yourself and forget hiring slaves to spit in your food. I suspect most can not afford a real dining experience.
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#47 Feb 10, 2013
I have eaten out somewhat regularly in the last few years both in Tupelo and while travelling the lower 48 and find that the service in Tupelo is quite good as a rule. On a few rare occasions I found reasons to complain but rarely. Olive Garden and Red Lobster have particularly good table service in my opinion. And I trust that the kitchen staff at all restaurants are professionals..............
anon

Tupelo, MS

#48 Feb 10, 2013
"Olive Garden and Red Lobster have particularly good table service in my opinion. "
==========
Fast food is not dining it is industrial food. Any franchise is based on an industrial menu and preparation. If you want fresh food you need to dine where it is grown such as the Valley in CA.
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#49 Feb 10, 2013
The abalone at Boudin's is great, the lobster at Portland Lobster Company is hard to beat and the crab cakes at Findley's can't be matched in Tupelo but it's a long drive for any of those or for fresh artichokes in Salinas so I'll just make do with the good food and excellent service close to home.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#50 Feb 10, 2013
"I'll just make do with the good food and excellent service close to home. "
==========
Being herded to the feeding troth at a local feed lot is hardly dining. The atmosphere has all the makings of a school lunch.
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#51 Feb 10, 2013
As always, opinions vary. The lunchroom food at THS in 1966 was quite good in my opinion.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#52 Feb 10, 2013
"The lunchroom food at THS in 1966 was quite good in my opinion.'
==========
The reason you never left Tupelo? Ignorance is bliss?
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#53 Feb 10, 2013
Enjoy your dinner. I'll enjoy mine.
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#54 Feb 10, 2013
And BTW. I have enjoyed the crab cakes, lobster, abalone and artichokes I mentioned earlier, plus Kobe steak in Kyoto and fried rice in Da Nang. But I remain your blissful, admiring servant.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#55 Feb 11, 2013
So you are a conditioned person by military Skinner/Pavlov training? I suggest you try life without the boxed lunch.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#56 Feb 11, 2013
The Dinner
Herman Koch (Author)
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#57 Feb 11, 2013
Can I get that book in Cliff Notes?
anon

Tupelo, MS

#58 Feb 11, 2013
Tupelo graduate?

Your eating preference is in Cliff Notes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tupelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New storm shelters across Tupelo not yet ready ... 1 hr Rod Knox 8
Girls and Boys 3 hr lts_Me 3
News Gala honors corporate diversity in Tupelo 5 hr Mark 1
Ole Miss Sucks 9 hr Whotty Tooty 12
The Djournal has failed. 18 hr Journal Economics 92
News Tupelo offers up Japanese culture at Cherry Blo... 18 hr Japanese 4
News Lee, Itawamba jail bill advances in Legislature 18 hr One For Thugs 3

Tupelo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance