Tupelo, MS

#1 Jul 15, 2014
Best overall hospitals
1. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
2. Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
3. Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
4. Cleveland Clinic
5. UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles

With all the published awards Tupelo does not come even halfway up the list.
who cares

Tupelo, MS

#2 Jul 25, 2014
I agree Tupelo dosent stack up.. But who cares about these stuck up ass awards anyways? Bottom line is HOW YOU TREAT YOUR PATIENTS.
PERIOD
Obese

Tupelo, MS

#3 Jul 25, 2014
"HOW YOU TREAT YOUR PATIENTS.
PERIOD"
==========
No, how well do they cure you and at what price. I could care less if they do not have bedside manner.
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#4 Jul 28, 2014
The local hospital considered my condition and began a systematic program of diagnostic tests beginning with the most expensive/least likely and working toward the most likely/least expensive. Luckily I was able to use the internet to diagnose myself before they let me die.
Drugs

Tupelo, MS

#5 Jul 28, 2014
They first would bleed you dry.
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#6 Aug 6, 2014
The hospital's number one objective is to beat as much money as possible out of ever admission. They hope the patients survive long enough to empty their bank accounts before Pegues picks them up. It seems they are often successful.Luckily for me I disappointed them.

With all the rumors regarding top management exiting the hospital it seems there were/are some money discrepancies. I wonder how close the rumors are to the truth.
x employee

Tupelo, MS

#7 Aug 6, 2014
Well if the $$ discrepancy rumors are true I suppose that is why I didn't recieve a raise the last 6 years I was employed there... (me and everyone else working in my dept)
burned twice

Memphis, TN

#8 Sep 10, 2014
What ever happened to the patient having a say in the treatment of their own body? I found that when one did not agree with certain physicians assessment in this area and when you go elsewhere, you are pinned with the label of "doctor shopping", which in itself slurs the patient.
I tend to take my health business to Birmingham or Memphis whenever I can.
Sense

Tupelo, MS

#9 Sep 10, 2014
"I tend to take my health business to Birmingham or Memphis whenever I can."
=======
I take my business to Thailand where you get treated like a queen. The American system is all about money not care.
Rod Knox

Tupelo, MS

#10 Sep 12, 2014
I might die on my way to B'ham but I won't be admitted to NMMC again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tupelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nerd's Eye View: The Princess of Tupelo 3 hr No Editor 3
News Locals trek to D.C. for presidential swearing-in 4 hr Plenty of Good News 3
News Our Opinion: Plenty of good news throughout region 4 hr Bad with Good 4
News Marty Russell: Almost time to send in the clowns 4 hr Noses 4
News Phil Bryant, 3 Doors Down and Tupelo band will ... 4 hr No Elected 2
News Comfort Suites returning to Tupelo 15 hr Tax Losses 5
News THS band thanks donors, prepares for trip 15 hr Tupelo Entitlements 1

Tupelo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tupelo Mortgages