Northstar Church
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mrs Donald Trump

Shannon, MS

#1 Feb 5, 2013
The Lane Store on McCullough across from Sonic is going to be the home of Northstar Church. Someone had been working around that area and the for sale sign has been gone for about a month.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#2 Feb 5, 2013
It should be an adult school as we need several of those. ICC only does job training.
curiouscat

Florence, AL

#3 Feb 19, 2013
Does that mean they will be moving from their current location in Saltillo or will this be an additional location?
Tupelo_Guy

Belden, MS

#4 Feb 19, 2013
curiouscat, the location at Lane is their permanent location. I think the location in Saltillo is no more because last time I went by, it's now a car auction place.
curiouscat

Florence, AL

#5 Feb 19, 2013
Tupelo_Guy wrote:
curiouscat, the location at Lane is their permanent location. I think the location in Saltillo is no more because last time I went by, it's now a car auction place.
Thank you for your reply. You are right, their old spot is now a Hyundai car lot or something, but they moved down the street to Bauhaus drive across from Bauhaus. They had service this past Sunday. That's why I was wondering if it would be moving now.
old member

Tupelo, MS

#6 Feb 20, 2013
no, its in addition to what they have now... Another money maker for the Ledbetters...
Annoyed

Berwick, PA

#7 Feb 25, 2013
The Ledbetters are some of the greatest people i've ever met. Since you're such an old member, and you think that it's just a money maker for the Ledbetters, you obviously don't pay attention at all. You should get plugged in, or find another church you're happy with. Because if you can't see God working at Northstar, it's your eyes.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#8 Feb 26, 2013
" Because if you can't see God working at Northstar, it's your eyes. "
==========
Send me a picture. The imagination is just that.
old member

Tupelo, MS

#9 Feb 26, 2013
I'm NOT trying to be ugly. Its the truth. Annoyed, you just havent been there long enough. Give it time.

When I started there it was the best church that I had ever been to. Everyone there made me feel loved and accepted. That was untill I didn't have the time to give to the church. Just wait. You will see.

"We are all just people"- Yeah, that gets old too
anon

Tupelo, MS

#10 Feb 26, 2013
"made me feel loved and accepted. "
==========
So it is a social club. Spirituality is within not a social group.
Annoyed

United States

#11 Mar 6, 2013
I've gone to Northstar since the very first year. And no, It's not a social club. They made me feel accepted by showing me Gods grace and forgiveness.
Annoyed

United States

#12 Mar 6, 2013
And obviously when you stopped having time for the church it didn't seem as great to you. What exactly comes before God in your life? We are called to serve.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#13 Mar 6, 2013
"They made me feel accepted by showing me Gods grace and forgiveness. "
==========
If You live a quality life you do not have to be forgiven. You must feel guilty for the way you live.
old member

Tupelo, MS

#14 Mar 6, 2013
Annoyed I am so glad that you have not experienced that yet. I do have time for GOD and enjoy the new church home that I have found for my family.

I guess for me looking at a preacher every Sunday in designer jeans, shirts and shoes that cost more than what my entire family wore to church that day wore me down. He stands up there telling everyone to give, give, give. Where does it go?? Seems to me that everyone in his family is on the pay roll. His son, son in law, daughter...
Besides the fact that his son is just a plain, horrible person that has introduced some of those children to hate and drugs. Yes, I said DRUGS... Now when this matter is brought up to his father, the preacher, we are all told "we are only human".
I'm sorry. I need a better youth leader for my children.
Obviously you dont have young kids that go there or you would already know all of this.

So, back to the question is WHICH LEDBETTER FAMILY MEMBER WILL REAP THE BENIFITS FROM RUNNING THE BELDEN CAMPUS?(yes they call them campuses)

church is a business for these people. They are only in it for the money.
Annoyed

Berwick, PA

#15 Mar 6, 2013
Anon, everyone is a sinner. No one but Jesus himself was perfect and none of us deserve God's grace.

Old member, Andrew is a person. So just like everyone else he is going to fall short. I realize he is on a pedestal because he a youth minister, but he does try really hard. And he is a really great youth minister. Andrew has helped me through some of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with. Andrew and Wesley put a lot into our youth group, other than just Wednesday nights. They both deserve anything they get. As does Pastor T, Aaron, and Amy. I'm glad your family has found a church home that fits you.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#16 Mar 7, 2013
"Anon, everyone is a sinner.'
==========
Speak for yourself. The idea is not to do what you know is wrong it is called self control. You have a "will" that takes action and emotions that can be controlled you just have not learned how and the church would go out of business if they taught you.
Annoyed

Berwick, PA

#17 Mar 8, 2013
The church didn't teach me how to sin, I was born with the desire to. And i've been taught to fight the temptation. And i fail daily at it. I do. Not the church. Everyone but Jesus Christ was, is, and will be a sinner.
anon

Tupelo, MS

#18 Mar 9, 2013
"I was born with the desire "
==========
No nothing in the genes defines desire. Desire is due to marketing and training. You are trained to be a consumer. The will lets you control the emotion of desire. The church teaches that there is a work around for doing wrong things. In reality you have no one but yourself and you know what s wrong and do not have to do it.
curiouscat

Tupelo, MS

#19 Mar 30, 2013
So, I'm hearing more people say the church is moving to the old Lane location. Is this correct or will it, in fact, be an additional location??

Since: Apr 13

United States

#20 Apr 1, 2013
the lane area location is a tupelo church the one in Saltillo is still there! Now there are two!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tupelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The One Minute Man 8 hr Hair Dye 2
Delusional Police Department 10 hr Blighted Neighbor... 7
News He'll Always Be Elvis: Remembering the 'King' 4... 11 hr Black Hair Dye 3
Ole Miss Last 11 hr OMG 13
Ole Miss Bottomed Out 12 hr Cheater 8
Sport Editor 13 hr Ole Miss Rules 3
News ALDI to build grocery store in Tupelo 13 hr Tupelo Resident 19

Tupelo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance