Man shot in Highway 45 incident identified

Full story: Newms360.com

A pursuit that began in Monroe County ended in Lee County with the suspect being shot by a state trooper.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Feb 8, 2013
april

Grenada, MS

#1 Jun 27, 2012
everyone gets on these sites and talks bad about people they dont even know and dont even know the whole story to what or why things went on,im not saying what gerald did was right but we dont know what battles this man was fighting or why he did what he did and how can anyone look at a person and judge who they are based on their appearance,you say these mean and hurtful thigs about him without regard to his family or friends,everyone should remember that this is someones dad,husband/boyfriend son uncle brother cousin or friend and they may be reading these comments,they already have to live with the hurt in their hearts that he is gone and the way he left,they don't need others making him sound like a monster when they dont know him as a person,and always remember there are 3 sides to every story theirs his and the truth and he cant tell his side.its one thing to have an opinion but it should be done with maturity and compassion. let he without sin cast the first stone.
GAIL

Tupelo, MS

#3 Jun 28, 2012
THIS MAN WAS A GOOD MAN. NO ANGEL. BUT NO MONSTER. SOMETHING DOESNOT ADD UP. IF ALL WAS LIKE LAW ENFORCEMENT SAY WHY DID NO WITNESS SEE A GUN. WHY IS HE STILL AT CRIME LAB. MAYBE SOMEONE TRYING TO COVER THEMSELVES. I THINK ALL SHOULD THINK THIS COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE
Anonymous

Ripley, MS

#4 Jan 5, 2013
Deadly force should only be used as a last resort! Why is this not being investigated by the FBI??? If no gun was seen, then charges should be filed. Has this been reported to the proper authorities for investigation?
anon

Tupelo, MS

#5 Jan 5, 2013
"Deadly force should only be used as a last resort! "
==========
You had a criminal aiming a deadly weapon as innocent people lives are in danger. What about the other people on the road they have children and contribute to the community as the criminal is causing risk of their death. He is not worth the lives of other people.
Anonymous

Ripley, MS

#6 Feb 7, 2013
I must have misunderstood. I thought they just said there was no gun in sight.?
anon

Tupelo, MS

#7 Feb 8, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
I must have misunderstood. I thought they just said there was no gun in sight.?
A vehicle is a deadly weapon.
bystander

Bay Saint Louis, MS

#8 Feb 8, 2013
The article attached said he had a gun in hand when he was shot and that he fired several shots at officers during the pursuit. Is there another article saying different? The one attached is pretty cut and dry but we know how the media is. From what was posted in the article it was a good shoot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tupelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wish I could see you again! 6 hr Angel-baby 31
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Aug 25 fyi Jackson Missi... 1,986
City mulls demolishing damaged Comfort Suites Aug 25 Vote 1
NMMC, cancer docs create partnership Aug 25 Money 2
Fitch wants new financial literacy program for ... Aug 25 Money 1
Greg davidson caught in bathroom stall on his k... Aug 24 Busted 2
Amber Dunaway Aug 23 WOW 6
•••
•••
•••

Tupelo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••