How do women cope with the death/loss...

How do women cope with the death/loss of husband

Posted in the Tupelo Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Grief Stricken

United States

#1 Nov 18, 2012
Grief is very real. How do women cope with the loss. People cope in many ways. Some by staying busy with job or family. Others might have a different idea. The loss hurts just as much if there is an unwanted divorce as as if there was a death. Any thoughts or personal experience abou this?
anon

Tupelo, MS

#2 Nov 18, 2012
It comes down to how you look at change. We all have a limited life and a lifetime of experience. The more change you experience and adjust to the less grief. If you lived in a different city every 6 months moving would not be a burden. However if you lived your whole life in one place a change would be devastating.
There are 7 billion people on the planet, the more of them you know the less death seems to be an issue.
I am old enough to have experienced lots of loss so I depend on what I know rather than what I have. You have the rest of your life to have new experiences.
Amanda

Romance, AR

#4 May 17, 2014
I lost my husband last April he was 28 and it is very hard however try not to think ahead but take it day by day and one step at a time I have foun it helped me and my little boy

Since: Mar 14

Ashburn, VA

#5 May 21, 2014
My heart goes out to you. I would pray for you, but I'm not religious. I truly feel your pain, though.
Stay active, get a hobby, make new friends. This in no way is an affront to your dearly departed. He would want you to be happy.
KYGIRL

Madisonville, KY

#6 May 22, 2014
I lost my brother 9 months ago to suicide an I still haven't dealt with the fact that he is gone I find myself trying to call his phone or look for his trailblazer to pull up in My driveway , nightmares are wat follow me to sleep waking up in cold sweats an I'm always crying in my sleep an just week ago I lost my other brother to murder an my dad a year ago I don't think I will ever b able to deal with my loses too much had happened in the past 2 years I feel as tho I have lost it
onepercent

Tupelo, MS

#7 May 22, 2014
The world is corrupt and few people will fight the corruption they just rather die.
NGILL

United States

#8 May 22, 2014
I talked to my brother the day he passed i wad the last person to talk to him an he sounded normal he wasn't mad or upset about anything he had to work that morning but come to find out after I got his phone back from the funeral home he had been fighting with his baby-momma for two days she continuously told him that he would never see his son again an that he might as well consider it that he never had a son he begged her to coke talk to him an she never would the last message he sent was " ill always love u an my son, enjoy ur life an plzz take care of UR son. An tell him that his daddy loved sooo much." that was the last message sent my brothers son was the center of his world his son nor his baby-momma wanted for anything they lived together plus he paid her 400 in child support an paid all the bills they didn't want for anything I just have so many unanswered questions an my main one is why did u leave me out here by myself u where my Rock my strength my best friend so wat could have been so bad that couldn't b fixed that u had to leave I just want to know Y???!!!???
onepercent

Tupelo, MS

#9 May 23, 2014
" I just have so many unanswered questions an my main one is why did u leave me out here by myself u where my Rock my strength my best friend so wat could have been so bad that couldn't b fixed that u had to leave I just want to know Y???!!!???"
==========
People have never been taught to control their emotions.

Since: Mar 14

Ashburn, VA

#10 May 23, 2014
Show us the way, almighty onepercenter with all the answers!
Before you even start, leave these people to their grief. Go troll on some totalitarians, or stoners, or some other group you feel threatened by. You are a horrid person and a worthless human, to play with the emotions of vunerable people like you do. Too bad you can't turn this one into how you shouldn't be responsible for the poor health choices of others.
KYGIRL

Madisonville, KY

#11 May 23, 2014
onepercent wrote:
" I just have so many unanswered questions an my main one is why did u leave me out here by myself u where my Rock my strength my best friend so wat could have been so bad that couldn't b fixed that u had to leave I just want to know Y???!!!???"
==========
People have never been taught to control their emotions.
excuse me sir or mame whoever or whatever u might b .... Yes I'm emotional my bad I guess I did get carried away .... If that offended u I apologize an just for ur information I went an seen my brother today an asked a piece of dirt the same thing my baby brother is laying in the ground because he took his own life an I'm sorry if me being emotional about that bothers u ... But who r u to sit an say anything about me being taught to control my emotion u obviously weren't taught to control ur opinion an keep ur two cents to ur self ... Until asked for it .. If u haven't ever dealt with grief of loosing someone as in a sibling then u sir or mame should ur mouth shut an keep that dumb witted inconsiderate insensitive no good trashy punk ass comments to ur self thanks an have good day
Unemotional

Tupelo, MS

#12 May 23, 2014
Everyone dies, it might be better than living with the parasites in todays' world. It does not matter if it is 5000 innocent children and 23000 adults that die for lack of food and clean water as Americans rape other countries.

If it is not made emotional entrainment on TV most do not give a hoot. Those people are every bit important as your relatives.
Gtown71

Greenbrier, AR

#13 Jun 9, 2014
Unemotional wrote:
Everyone dies, it might be better than living with the parasites in todays' world. It does not matter if it is 5000 innocent children and 23000 adults that die for lack of food and clean water as Americans rape other countries.
If it is not made emotional entrainment on TV most do not give a hoot. Those people are every bit important as your relatives.
Yes all people are important,but tell me if someone dies youve never heard of,verses a person very very close to you,which one hurts YOU the most?

Every situation is different,and every one handles it differently. I have come to know that no.one knows how they will handle the loss of a loved one . period.

I consider myself a carring person. it sadenns me when celebs die,from.Amy winehouse to others who I did not even know untill their deaths. I find it tragic and sorriful.

Just be thankful for those you have ,but take so easily for granted. yet easier said than done. most of us truly don't know what one means to us ,untill their gone.:(
Unemotional

Tupelo, MS

#14 Jun 10, 2014
"Just be thankful for those you have ,but take so easily for granted. yet easier said than done. most of us truly don't know what one means to us ,untill their gone.:("
==========
You obviously never met a psychopath. No one is close even the parents and children.
Gtown71

Jonesboro, AR

#15 Jun 10, 2014
Unemotional wrote:
"Just be thankful for those you have ,but take so easily for granted. yet easier said than done. most of us truly don't know what one means to us ,untill their gone.:("
==========
You obviously never met a psychopath. No one is close even the parents and children.
oh Im not sure about that. the guy I look at in the mirror makes me wonder at times. no we are all selfish people. some more than others. im just saying its all we got. if we can love those God has in our lives then who.will? people are people. yet you realize you were closer than you thought and they.meant more than.you realized when you put them in the ground. I was once umemotional after buring over 90% ofy family before I was 22 yo. I was 29 when a God I didnt believe in woke me up and showed me what love truly was. now I realize untill a person "knows" God they.simply cannot truky love anything but themselves if that.
Chaluk

Tupelo, MS

#16 Jun 10, 2014
" I was 29 when a God I didnt believe in woke me up and showed me what love truly was. now I realize untill a person "knows" God they.simply cannot truky love anything but themselves if that."
==========
Most people do not believe in a God. It is man that made a God to control emotions. We are here alone and die alone. The End.
Gtown71

Memphis, TN

#18 Jun 10, 2014
Chaluk wrote:
" I was 29 when a God I didnt believe in woke me up and showed me what love truly was. now I realize untill a person "knows" God they.simply cannot truky love anything but themselves if that."
==========
Most people do not believe in a God. It is man that made a God to control emotions. We are here alone and die alone. The End.
So I.once believed. I did not believe in.God,and hated the very idea of God. yet like I said. This God woke me at 1:30 am sharp and after a brief struggle I yeilded to Him. I WAS not around any christians tellimg me anything,yet the very next day I.slipped out the sgitt word and felt bad. now before I could curse with the best of them
I enjoyed Gods name in vain. I woulld rather cut out my teeth as to listen to 5 mins of preaching or bible reading. within a month.I had a deep desire to do both. again no.one around to "brain wash" me
my "core" had been.changed
I was chsnged by God
I didnt change for God. He changed me. I now have 2 natures. before only 1 sin nature.

if you ever want to know the truth,just ask God. as long as you look at people as proof God is real,it will only deepen YOUR belief. yet if you come to Him "JUST AS YOU ARE",and you are truly being real then He will know and HE WILL SHOW YOU. All I know is that I needed "something",which turned put to be the very Thing I truly thought was a man made hoax.
Chaluk

Tupelo, MS

#19 Jun 11, 2014
The unknown is just that. Why you think is still not known if you believe or not. Some people rather not solve the issue and just accept that they think.
Gtown71

Harrison, AR

#20 Jun 11, 2014
Chaluk wrote:
The unknown is just that. Why you think is still not known if you believe or not. Some people rather not solve the issue and just accept that they think.
well you for sure have me thinking now,and still not sire what you said. lol
Gtown71

Harrison, AR

#21 Jun 11, 2014
Chaluk wrote:
I do think I know what you said.
may I ask what life event or lack therof made you this way?
Chaluk

Tupelo, MS

#22 Jun 12, 2014
Have you any evidence of life after death? Have you any empirical evidence of God? Do you have statistical evidence that prayer is better than knowing cause and effect? Do you have evidence that your feelings are more successful than logic in accomplishing survival in the objective world?
What you experience is not all what is going on around you. Example is radio waves. You only perceive what your body is doing. What you feel dies with you and all you knowledge. An everlasting soul is just a threat to manipulate you.
My conclusions are based on objective reality and science. The only thing left is the unknown.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tupelo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News County leaders seek input on ambitious plans to... 6 hr Anonymous 18
ncaa 7 hr Are You Ready 1
Ole Miss Sucks 8 hr Hungry Kids 42
Food For Kids 8 hr Created Equal 6
Forked Twice 9 hr Chef or Cook 51
The Djournal has failed. (Feb '17) 11 hr Where Da Flag Boys 350
News Public offers input on proposed jail 16 hr Supervisors Boss... 8

Tupelo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance