Jobs report shows slowing

Jul 7, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Clarion-Ledger

In a sign that the national economic recovery seems to be slowing, the U.S. added fewer new jobs during the first half of this year than in the first six months of 2011.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jul 14, 2012

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

Of course it shows slowing!

At the beginning of the year, most economists, analysts and talking heads on T.V. were talking about "the recovery" and were excited about improvements in jobs. I took the opposite line, saying repeatedly that there was "no recovery" and that the economy would go back into the doldrums in the late spring and summer, just as it had the previous two years. As for the improvement in jobs, I stated, "The small employment gains crowed about so much in November and December of the year just past are likely to unravel…." ( http://thegreatrecession.info/blog/2012-econo... )

--David Haggith

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

It should have been evident to every expert out there at the beginning of the year that this was going to happen? What has either party done to come forward with a serious new vision for our economy that would establish a new economy on a better foundation. All either party has done is try to bailout rich bankers in the belief that they will crush us if they fall. They have tried to prop up housing prices. Almost ALL of their policies on both sides of the aisle aim to get the economy going again by trying to entice citizens to go back to their old megadebt spending ways.(Lower the price of interest so people will take out more LOANS.) WE'RE SO ADDICTED TO DEBT THAT ALL OF LEADERS THINK THE ONLY WAY TO GET OUT OF THIS IS TO STIMULATE THE OLD ECONOMY BACK TO LIFE WITH THE SAME GAME THAT GOT US INTO THIS MESS -- TOO MUCH DEBT!

They are moribund in their thinking. That is why I said at the beginning of the year, "The small employment gains crowed about so much in November and December of the year just past are likely to unravel…." ( http://thegreatrecession.info/blog/2012-econo... )

Most economists, analysts and talking heads on T.V. back then were talking about "the recovery" and were excited about improvements in jobs. I took the opposite line, saying repeatedly that there was "no recovery" and that the economy would go back into the doldrums in the late spring and summer, just as it had the previous two years.

Everything done to date has been an attempt to "recover" the old dinosaur economy that was based on building bigger houses than anyone needs or can afford, creating more sprawl because of it, and doing so by going deeply in debt. All efforts to date have just encouraged going back to debt spending. Republican and Democrat encumbants alike are dinosaurs who have no clear vision for the future.

Take the mantra about Bush Tax Cuts for the "job creators" for example. We had Bush Tax Cuts for years prior to the Great Recession. They did not PREVENT us from having an all-out economic collapse, so how on earth are they going to save us out of this crisis now? It's absurd to think that measures that could not even prevent collapse are somehow going to have enough lift to get us out of it.

--David Haggith

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Tupelo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Tupelo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Tupelo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tupelo