Feeling trapped in Highland

A recent brush fire on the eastern edge of the city has reignited concern among residents in a neighborhood north of Greenspot Road that their safety is jeopardized. Full Story
su colvin

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Oct 5, 2008
it's no secret cities have allowed construction in areas that are bound to experience this type of problem....it will only get worse and sooner or later the new homes in the upper hills in Highland will burn.....don't blame the citizens when it occurs because Baseline wasn't extended.....the city of Highland has allowed over development.....

“You ARE being WATCHED”

Since: Nov 08

Marshall Islands

#2 Nov 21, 2008
And exactly how many residents in the East Highland area realize they live on a flood plane? Probably none - in 1969, 4 people died due to the heavy rains and now they have built houses in the flood area. Who you gonna sue?
John

Glendale, CA

#3 Nov 22, 2008
Not only are some of the new developments on a flood plain but they are on a major earthquake fault with the Seven Oaks Dam directly above them. Goodbye Toll Brothers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tuolumne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obituaries for September 15, 2014 Sep '14 stuliber 1
Seductive Nahuatl opera to premiere in Mexico City Sep '14 Sirius 5
Foothills Town Gets a Whole New Look (Feb '08) Aug '14 Country lover 8
spraying the contaminated water from the jamest... Jul '14 m_bellinger 1
hoes , homewreckers and skunks Jun '14 anonymous 1
danger May '14 mad 1
Police: Man comes to courthouse in stolen car (Apr '14) Apr '14 Naughtyrobot 8
Tuolumne Dating
Find my Match

Tuolumne Jobs