Court: Pa. DA can't bring 'sexting' c...

Court: Pa. DA can't bring 'sexting' charges

There are 4 comments on the Evening Sun story from Mar 19, 2010, titled Court: Pa. DA can't bring 'sexting' charges. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

A U.S. appeals court ruled Wednesday that a northeastern Pennsylvania prosecutor may not pursue felony charges against a teenage girl who appeared in a racy cell-phone photo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Judy

Salisbury, MD

#1 Mar 20, 2010
You shouldnt lock up our children for this, it should be handled by parents, you cant contain nature, boys will be boys and girls will be girls, it has been that way since the beginning of time and will always be, you cant change it only try to monitor it and try to teach your children right.
Rowdy

Gettysburg, PA

#2 Mar 20, 2010
AMEN!

“yes, I am a girl”

Since: Sep 08

Hanover

#3 Mar 20, 2010
you also can't shrug it off either
Arnie

York, PA

#4 Mar 20, 2010
Problem #1: When a 14 year old girl takes a nude photo of herself and when other teenagers forward it - things quickly spiral into hundreds of people possessing a nude photo of a teenage girl. Inevitably these photos end up in the hands of adults.

While I understand that the teenager is just being a teenager- we do not use that excuse when a teen girl gets pregnant or a teen driver drives recklessly or steals ,etc...

Even if these teens are charged with a felony they are not "thrown in jail." There is no "jail" in the juvenile justice system.

I think it is appropriate to make this a misdemeanor crime for teens. That allows DAs to prosecute this action - against ALL teens that distribute the photo to others. Then, these teens can be put on probation - given classes, and other APPROPRIATE punishment that will hopefully teach the teens that this type of behavior is self-destructive and inappropriate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tunkhannock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blonde- Phil's Auto body Nov 8 Jkup 1
I Hate Gin's Tavern (Feb '09) Sep '17 Steven Averys Sli... 27
News Police seek man wanted on statuatory sexual ass... Jul '17 COCO4U 2
Mary Beth Harshbarger (Dec '12) May '17 Tallblonde58 11
News Police charge four in OF (Dec '09) Apr '17 JJ genell 3
drug bust (Apr '13) Jan '17 Out4blood 4
meshoppen pa (Dec '06) Nov '16 Link Cornell 13

Tunkhannock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance