Mercy, CHS officials mull hospital system name change

When Kerry Armillay thinks of Mercy Hospital, she thinks about high-quality medical care delivered by compassionate workers. Full Story

Since: May 08

Thompson's Station, TN

#1 Mar 9, 2011
How about, "No Insurance, No Mercy" Hospital?

CHS is a cutthroat, for-profit entity with an egomaniac at the helm who pays himself more money than most CEOs of companies 10 times the size of CHS make.

Sad to see this non-profit hospital be gobbled up by another greedy for-profit hospital chain.
lukesky

New Orleans, LA

#2 Mar 26, 2011
CHS is one of the most under handed corporations around. i can promise you as an ex director, profit is the only thing on their mind.
spideymichael201

Ashland City, TN

#3 Apr 8, 2011
I work at CHS and I agree with souytherngal63... this company really is terrible.

Yes, Wayne's compensation is absolutely absurd and ridiculous. This guy is raking in 18-20 million a year for a company with what, a 4 billion market cap? He's making more than the CEO of McDonalds. And trust me, Wayne's Humana friends there are making a killing too. A VP's salary routinely runs $500k+ not including stock options.(notice execs never buy the stock, only sell it - ticker: cyh).

If you work on the ground floor - you work for pennies. Their pay is low and forget about being promoted internally. You WILL be bent over. The max raise you will get is 10% and usually it will be less than that. You could work as an admin making 30k and apply for a position where the avg salary is 45-50k and they would only boost you 10%. It's cheap and pathetic.

From my conversations with fellow employees, moral is extremely low. The demands and hours are long for the pay they offer. There is no median here, it's either you're a millionaire bud of Wayne's or making dirt.

Forget about getting the supplies or tools you need to get your job done - you'll only get those when it is absolutely required or you'll be working with a barebones skeleton crew.

When this company buys a hospital, here's what happens: Staff is slashed, hours are increased for those left, benefits are reduced and equipment needed to get the job done is no longer available. Yeah, the hospital is run profitably at the expense of patient care and employees. Don't worry though management is compensated well.

Trust me from a mid-level employees... In my opinion, you don't want to work here. These' a reason turn around here is high, this company has one of the worst reputations as a place to work in the nashville area.
spideymichael201

Ashland City, TN

#4 Apr 8, 2011
Oh, and the health benefits/insurance plain SUCK. And we're a health care company!
spideymichael201

Ashland City, TN

#5 Apr 8, 2011
go throw something purple infront of wayne and watch him freak out.
thompson22

Ashland City, TN

#6 Apr 14, 2011
Good Ol' Wayne racked up just shy of 21 million for the year 2010.

This good nice man is making just 500k less than the ceo of Exxon Mobile. Keep in mind CHS is a $3b company not a 300b company.

For a company that pays their employees like shit, he certainly seems to follow the "do as i say not as i do" mantra.

When you think of executive compensation and greed, CHS is where it should be at.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tunkhannock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emotion flows with news of Eric Frein's capture Dec 19 fk yeah 3
Mary Beth Harshbarger (Dec '12) Dec 13 Lol 4
I nominate Scott Schaffer For Mayor of TUNKHANNOCK Aug '14 Jim Coles 3
Harveys Lake council to make offer on Villa Roma (May '14) Jul '14 pasta police 3
Debate: Marijuana - Tunkhannock, PA (Sep '10) Jul '14 Your momma. 8
GOP's $29.1B spending plan clears key House com... (Jun '14) Jun '14 POWER is gay 1
Life anything but a drag for auto racing Hall o... (Jun '14) Jun '14 BuzGuy Giordano 1
Tunkhannock Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Tunkhannock People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Tunkhannock News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tunkhannock

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:21 am PST

NFL 7:21AM