Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns

Oct 4, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Corner

Imagine your home catches fire but the local fire department won't respond, then watches it burn.

Comments (Page 2,845)

Showing posts 56,881 - 56,900 of58,245
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

"FBI Attempts To Explain UFO Memo In Vault."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/fbi-ufo-...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

I don't think this would work around here.
----------
"Exclusive: Wal-Mart May Get Customers To Deliver Packages To Online Buyers."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-wal-mart-may-...

Since: Mar 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

It may not seem fair and I feel for the family that it happened to but it's not the fire departments fault. The fire departments operate on VERY limited budgets & most of the fire fighters dont even get paid. They do it because of the love of the job. BUT it takes a lot of water to put out a fire and it isn't free. Thats why they have the rual residents pay for the service yearly if they want it. We pay insurance for our homes so that they can be replaced in an accident so I don't see why it would be any different to have to pay for the fire department service. If we didn't pay our homeowners insurance we wouldn't expect the insurance company to fork out the money would we?? No, we would have to pay for the loss ourself. People need to stop thinking everything should just be given to them. Pay the annual fee & it won't be a proble. I'm so sick of people who want everything given to them.
chester

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

jdtn_2013 wrote:
It may not seem fair and I feel for the family that it happened to but it's not the fire departments fault. The fire departments operate on VERY limited budgets & most of the fire fighters dont even get paid. They do it because of the love of the job. BUT it takes a lot of water to put out a fire and it isn't free. Thats why they have the rual residents pay for the service yearly if they want it. We pay insurance for our homes so that they can be replaced in an accident so I don't see why it would be any different to have to pay for the fire department service. If we didn't pay our homeowners insurance we wouldn't expect the insurance company to fork out the money would we?? No, we would have to pay for the loss ourself. People need to stop thinking everything should just be given to them. Pay the annual fee & it won't be a proble. I'm so sick of people who want everything given to them.
That was well said.
so stupid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Rowdy-RedNeck wrote:
Laws are laws,this is why they sell home-owners insurance.... sad but true.
I am not saying it was right but we city residents pay and so should the rural residents????
yea,that's what insurance is for but when your insurance goes through the roof because of dorry ass people like that maybe you'll be happy. The insurance company only looks at what town you live in not weather you pay city taxes or not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

One young man went to apply for a managerial position in a big company. He passed the initial interview, and now would meet the director for the final interview.
The director discovered from his CV that the youth's academic achievements were excellent. He asked, "Did you obtain any scholarships in school?" the youth answered "no".
" Was it your father who paid for your school fees?"
"My father passed away when I was one year old, it was my mother who paid for my school fees.” he replied.
" Where did your mother work?"
"My mother worked as clothes cleaner.”
The director requested the youth to show his hands. The youth showed a pair of hands that were smooth and perfect.
" Have you ever helped your mother wash the clothes before?"
"Never, my mother always wanted me to study and read more books. Besides, my mother can wash clothes faster than me.
The director said, "I have a request. When you go home today, go and clean your mother's hands, and then see me tomorrow morning.
The youth felt that his chance of landing the job was high. When he went back home, he asked his mother to let him clean her hands. His mother felt strange, happy but with mixed feelings, she showed her hands to her son.
The youth cleaned his mother's hands slowly. His tear fell as he did that. It was the first time he noticed that his mother's hands were so wrinkled, and there were so many bruises in her hands. Some bruises were so painful that his mother winced when he touched it.
This was the first time the youth realized that it was this pair of hands that washed the clothes everyday to enable him to pay the school fees. The bruises in the mother's hands were the price that the mother had to pay for his education, his school activities and his future.
After cleaning his mother hands, the youth quietly washed all the remaining clothes for his mother.
That night, mother and son talked for a very long time.
Next morning, the youth went to the director's office.
The Director noticed the tears in the youth's eyes, when he asked: "Can you tell me what have you done and learned yesterday in your house?"
The youth answered," I cleaned my mother's hand, and also finished cleaning all the remaining clothes'
“I know now what appreciation is. Without my mother, I would not be who I am today. By helping my mother, only now do I realize how difficult and tough it is to get something done on your own. And I have come to appreciate the importance and value of helping one’s family.
The director said, "This is what I am looking for in a manager. I want to recruit a person who can appreciate the help of others, a person who knows the sufferings of others to get things done, and a person who would not put money as his only goal in life.”
“You are hired.”
This young person worked very hard, and received the respect of his subordinates. Every employee worked diligently and worked as a team. The company's performance improved tremendously.
A child, who has been protected and habitually given whatever he wanted, would develop an "entitlement mentality" and would always put himself first. He would be ignorant of his parent's efforts. When he starts work, he assumes that every person must listen to him, and when he becomes a manager, he would never know the sufferings of his employees and would always blame others. For this kind of people, who may be good academically, they may be successful for a while, but eventually they would not feel a sense of achievement. They will grumble and be full of hatred and fight for more. If we are this kind of protective parents, are we really showing love or are we destroying our children instead?

CONTINUED...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

CONTINUED...

You can let your child live in a big house, eat a good meal, learn piano, watch on a big screen TV. But when you are cutting grass, please let them experience it. After a meal, let them wash their plates and bowls together with their brothers and sisters. It is not because you do not have money to hire a maid, but it is because you want to love them in a right way. You want them to understand, no matter how rich their parents are, one day their hair will grow gray, same as the mother of that young person. The most important thing is your child learns how to appreciate the effort and experience the difficulty and learns the ability to work with others to get things done.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

This should be read before the above Post. Topix didn't post this first Part, first. I don't know why.
----------

One young man went to apply for a managerial position in a big company. He passed the initial interview, and now would meet the director for the final interview.

The director discovered from his CV that the youth's academic achievements were excellent. He asked, "Did you obtain any scholarships in school?" the youth answered "no".

" Was it your father who paid for your school fees?"

"My father passed away when I was one year old, it was my mother who paid for my school fees.” he replied.

" Where did your mother work?"

"My mother worked as clothes cleaner.”

The director requested the youth to show his hands. The youth showed a pair of hands that were smooth and perfect.

" Have you ever helped your mother wash the clothes before?"

"Never, my mother always wanted me to study and read more books. Besides, my mother can wash clothes faster than me.

The director said, "I have a request. When you go home today, go and clean your mother's hands, and then see me tomorrow morning.

The youth felt that his chance of landing the job was high. When he went back home, he asked his mother to let him clean her hands. His mother felt strange, happy but with mixed feelings, she showed her hands to her son.

The youth cleaned his mother's hands slowly. His tear fell as he did that. It was the first time he noticed that his mother's hands were so wrinkled, and there were so many bruises in her hands. Some bruises were so painful that his mother winced when he touched it.

This was the first time the youth realized that it was this pair of hands that washed the clothes everyday to enable him to pay the school fees. The bruises in the mother's hands were the price that the mother had to pay for his education, his school activities and his future.

After cleaning his mother hands, the youth quietly washed all the remaining clothes for his mother.

That night, mother and son talked for a very long time.

Next morning, the youth went to the director's office.

The Director noticed the tears in the youth's eyes, when he asked: "Can you tell me what have you done and learned yesterday in your house?"

The youth answered," I cleaned my mother's hand, and also finished cleaning all the remaining clothes'

“I know now what appreciation is. Without my mother, I would not be who I am today. By helping my mother, only now do I realize how difficult and tough it is to get something done on your own. And I have come to appreciate the importance and value of helping one’s family.

The director said, "This is what I am looking for in a manager. I want to recruit a person who can appreciate the help of others, a person who knows the sufferings of others to get things done, and a person who would not put money as his only goal in life.”

“You are hired.”

This young person worked very hard, and received the respect of his subordinates. Every employee worked diligently and worked as a team. The company's performance improved tremendously.

A child, who has been protected and habitually given whatever he wanted, would develop an "entitlement mentality" and would always put himself first. He would be ignorant of his parent's efforts. When he starts work, he assumes that every person must listen to him, and when he becomes a manager, he would never know the sufferings of his employees and would always blame others. For this kind of people, who may be good academically, they may be successful for a while, but eventually they would not feel a sense of achievement. They will grumble and be full of hatred and fight for more. If we are this kind of protective parents, are we really showing love or are we destroying our children instead?

CONTINUED...
rbs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

U mean better?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

rbs wrote:
U mean better?
What?:)
rbs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
What?:)
otay,sound like both of u,i wanna know who im talkin to.
rbs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

N i wanna talk to sassafrass
rbs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

For rl,plz ;(

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

rbs wrote:
<quoted text> otay,sound like both of u,i wanna know who im talkin to.
You're talking to Linda...that's me.:)

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
This should be read before the above Post. Topix didn't post this first Part, first. I don't know why.
----------
Your dementia is progressing and it continues to manifest itself in your posts.

After more than 2 years on topix. After more than 40,000 posts. And, even though I have told you this before. Pay attention.

Lengthy posts, especially copy and paste posts like the above mentioned post, often are not posted right away. It is most likely because of anti-spam software that knows you cannot type 4000 characters in the few seconds on the post page. Fast posting, in this manner, would automatically flag a post t be reviewed by a moderator and approved before being posted on the forum. After approval, it will show in the correct location. o you understand now?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

I just now noticed...my Avatar picture is gone! OK, I'll put up another one.
rbs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Lolz otays linda,u doin ok today?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

rbs wrote:
Lolz otays linda,u doin ok today?
I'm doing fine, but my computer is tired, I think. lol! How are you this morning?
rbs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm doing fine, but my computer is tired, I think. lol! How are you this morning?
im ok,ty....jst missin rlly talkin with some of my fam members.tyfa.
lol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Spray

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 56,881 - 56,900 of58,245
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Tullahoma Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Tullahoma Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Tullahoma People Search