Pregnant??BEWARE OF Dr. Poe

Pregnant??BEWARE OF Dr. Poe

Posted in the Tullahoma Forum

concerned mother

United States

#1 Sep 4, 2011
Anyone in need of a obgyn must be aware of this man. He is basically running a BABY MILL trying to squeeze as many patients in each day to insure he get's every last doller. He is quick to do c-sections because a normal deliverly takes too much time for him. I have talked to many women about this man and the majority felt the same way(90% of the women I talked with were given an unneceenssary c-section). I myself was told I would be given a c-section and there was absoutly NO way out of it. Well since he wouldn't refer me to anybody I went to Baptist when it was time for me to deliver as I knew this man was lieing to me. I had NO problems and the hospitalist was quick to assure me he was wrong. I had a vaginal birth to healthy baby boy. So mothers BEWARE save yourself.
Just My Two Cents

Tullahoma, TN

#2 Sep 8, 2012
I agree that Dr. Pou is a poor excuse of a doctor. So rushed and overloaded with patients he can't take more than a few minutes to speak with you. He required me to have a c-section and I suffered multiple complications from the procedure. When I was ready to deliver my next child I chose a doctor in Nashville and they were horrified at the incision and scars left from his surgery. Very happy I went to Nashville for care and delivery.
Info Girl

United States

#3 Sep 16, 2012
He tried giving me a c-section as well as it came closer to my delivery date. I quicky changed OBGYN's and had no complications during delivery.
Christian

Tullahoma, TN

#4 Sep 19, 2012
I'm sorry that you've had such a negative experience with Dr. Pou, truly, but the man saved my life. If it were not for him finding an ectopic pregnancy, I wouldn't be here. I have to give him respect for that. He also delivered my son naturally a little over a decade ago, and never once pushed for a C-section. Maybe things have changed in the past few years, but I never had a bad experience with him unless I didn't come in on time to get a "check-up." He did get fussy about that.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#5 Nov 14, 2012
He is out for the $ that is all. He will not take patients that are referred to him from the ER if they don't have insurance that he likes. I have seen him turn women away in pain. I would not let him Dr my dog. Why chose someone that is way to over loaded anyhow? When you HAVE A CHOICE! Find a Dr that has time for you and makes you comfortable in every way!
disgusted

United States

#6 Nov 20, 2014
Not a patient but it sounds like he deals with patients the same way he deals with everybody else. Complete and total arrogance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tullahoma Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pearls and Pinstripes (Aug '09) Thu Wonder 35
Did you dump off a small kitten at Manchester W... (Aug '15) May 2 dexsgiggi 6
Erin Fizer anyone know her? Apr 28 Curious34 2
Life Care Center of Tullahoma (May '11) Apr 28 Pleased 19
Local man recieves letter from President ,expla... Apr 27 Troy 1
Van Rob Manchester (Oct '09) Apr 25 Multimatic 65
no good Apr 23 sam 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tullahoma Mortgages