unbeliveable

United States

#65 Jun 23, 2013
River Tracker wrote:
The City Council of Ruidoso Downs would like the people to believe they support the museum with thousands of tax payer dollars - NOT!!! If it wasn't for the Hubbard Museum Foundation, the museum could not operate - period! The city has cut staff and then cut salaries of the remaining staff at the museum to "balance the budget". If a person was to check real deep, they would find out the city does NOT support the museum much at all. They are hoping it fails and are doing everything in their power to see that this happens. While the office staff at the city receive their salary increases because of the "extra work" that the museum burdens them with - the staff at the museum (who actually does all the work) gets the shaft!!! Don't believe me??? It's public record!
This had to have been posted by the staff of the museum!!!!
Because anyone who comes to the council meetings knows that dispite the protests from some of the citizens over the last 8 years the city has done every thing to keep it afloat.
The truth is even with the Hubard money and the cuts that have been made the City just cannot afford to heep it running.
The mayor did however make a big mistake when He did not
accept their offer to resign.,
Truth

United States

#66 Jun 23, 2013
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can read, I spoke of the things that the City of Ruidoso Downs does to encourage Tourism not private enterprise in the city. It is funny that when you look at the results of the tax election, Ruidoso Downs had the lowest turnout by percentage in the whole county, yet benefited the most. The track is by far the second largest tax payer in the Downs behind Wal-mart, in excess of $300,000 annually. The track does not use Ruidoso Downs municipal water at all and pays the city by the gallon for sewer (pays its way). Most of it's waste is hauled off by the track. So the question isn't what does the track take from the City but what does the City do?
And just because I feel cantankerous, why the hell is the Downs called a City. Just a few years ago theyt were looking to be designated a colonias to get low income grant money. The Colonias of Ruidoso Downs, sounds more appropriate.
Wrong the track pay's taxes to the state then they give us what they think we need.
They also pay nothing to the Downs from the horse sale.
Poor Downs

Ruidoso Downs, NM

#67 Jun 23, 2013
Well the Downs does not have the revenue that the Village of Ruidoso NM has. It is forced to manage the budget as opposed to continuing to just increase fee's and taxes. Also I wish their is someway to find out how many lawsuits the Village has pending from prior personel. I hear this list continues growing. Village, at some point one has to ask who is creating all these issues that we the tax payers are paying for. Legal fees alone have to be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars over the past say 3 years and counting.
Facts

Ruidoso, NM

#68 Jun 24, 2013
mule driver wrote:
The track pays in excess of $300,000 annually and Hubbard gets $750,000 taxes from Lincoln County annually so that is a LOSS of $450,000 annually to Lincoln County and Ruidoso Downs whether it be a town or city or "colonias".....whate ver.
The $300,000 is the tax collected only for Ruidoso Downs. It does not include the portion for the county or state as well.

Your tax dollar for tax dollar totally ignores the taxes collected in other businesses created from the employment at the track or the visitors that come for the track. These people pay taxes in the millions to Ruidoso, Ruidoso Downs and Lincoln county.
jigs up

Phoenix, AZ

#69 Jun 24, 2013
Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
The $300,000 is the tax collected only for Ruidoso Downs. It does not include the portion for the county or state as well.
Your tax dollar for tax dollar totally ignores the taxes collected in other businesses created from the employment at the track or the visitors that come for the track. These people pay taxes in the millions to Ruidoso, Ruidoso Downs and Lincoln county.
"These people pay taxes in the millions to Ruidoso, Ruidoso Downs and Lincoln County"
Prove it with audited numbers or don't try to make us believe it.
Huh

Ruidoso Downs, NM

#70 Jun 24, 2013
Your clearly not an economist. Every employee of the track and the horsemen at the track a total of more than 1000 people spend money everyday of which GRT is collected, the same with our visitors. Your demand for audit numbers is nothing but a idiotic demand. Prove to me that these people spend absolutely zero dollars anywhere in the county.
jigs up

Phoenix, AZ

#71 Jun 24, 2013
Huh wrote:
Your clearly not an economist. Every employee of the track and the horsemen at the track a total of more than 1000 people spend money everyday of which GRT is collected, the same with our visitors. Your demand for audit numbers is nothing but a idiotic demand. Prove to me that these people spend absolutely zero dollars anywhere in the county.
Asking for an audit sure seems to make you nervous-guess you have worked for that private "non profit" too long-bet you know how to get around an audit-maybe your boss should be taking a look at your books? Love the "millions" spent in Lincoln County statement! How about billions? or zillions? that is just as believable as millions!!!!
Sasquatch

Alto, NM

#72 Jun 26, 2013
unbeliveable wrote:
<quoted text>
This had to have been posted by the staff of the museum!!!!
Because anyone who comes to the council meetings knows that dispite the protests from some of the citizens over the last 8 years the city has done every thing to keep it afloat.
The truth is even with the Hubard money and the cuts that have been made the City just cannot afford to heep it running.
The mayor did however make a big mistake when He did not
accept their offer to resign.,
You got that wrong!!! Once upon a time, the City supported the museum from its general fund (which comes from taxes at Walmart and the track). Over the years, the City Council lowered their annual contribution to ZERO!! At the same time, they continued drawing money out of the Hubbard family's $1,500,000 donation to the city to take on the museum. The city staff is doing everything they can to close the museum, even though the city clerk and finance director got pay raises because of the "increased" work they were required to do to "manage" the museum. Listen carefully...the Hubbard Museum is not bankrupting the city. The city is deliberately making it harder and harder for the museum to keep their doors open. Four employees can't run a museum no matter how much they smile and wish you a nice day as you wander out the front door.
Truth

United States

#73 Jun 27, 2013
Sasquatch wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that wrong!!! Once upon a time, the City supported the museum from its general fund (which comes from taxes at Walmart and the track). Over the years, the City Council lowered their annual contribution to ZERO!! At the same time, they continued drawing money out of the Hubbard family's $1,500,000 donation to the city to take on the museum. The city staff is doing everything they can to close the museum, even though the city clerk and finance director got pay raises because of the "increased" work they were required to do to "manage" the museum. Listen carefully...the Hubbard Museum is not bankrupting the city. The city is deliberately making it harder and harder for the museum to keep their doors open. Four employees can't run a museum no matter how much they smile and wish you a nice day as you wander out the front door.
You have NO idea of what you are talking about! Are you one of the four employee's smiling and wishing everyone a nice day?
Sasquatch

Ruidoso Downs, NM

#74 Jun 27, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You have NO idea of what you are talking about! Are you one of the four employee's smiling and wishing everyone a nice day?
Since I have NO idea, I would appreciate your sharing the "truth" with me. And what is your source of the truth?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#75 Jun 28, 2013
The failing of the Museum in the downs is but a harbinger of things to come. Hubbard recovered his $1,500,000 donation to the museum the first two years of drawing 'his'$750,000 donation from the citizens of Lincoln County. When will our residents wake up and realize that they are being taken at every turn? The culmination of all of this deceit, trickery and malfeasance has led the Downs and Ruidoso Village to its current dismal state. What thought was ever given to the comfort, safety, well-being, education and prosperity to the community? What foresight was shown in making sure our environment and infrastructure was nourished and maintained properly? Had it been, I do not think we'd be having a water crisis, trees diseased and dying, and idiots at the helm without a clue as to what to do about it.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#76 Jun 28, 2013
GladysSmith wrote:
The failing of the Museum in the downs is but a harbinger of things to come. Hubbard recovered his $1,500,000 donation to the museum the first two years of drawing 'his'$750,000 donation from the citizens of Lincoln County. When will our residents wake up and realize that they are being taken at every turn? The culmination of all of this deceit, trickery and malfeasance has led the Downs and Ruidoso Village to its current dismal state. What thought was ever given to the comfort, safety, well-being, education and prosperity to the community? What foresight was shown in making sure our environment and infrastructure was nourished and maintained properly? Had it been, I do not think we'd be having a water crisis, trees diseased and dying, and idiots at the helm without a clue as to what to do about it.
"Imagine a paradise where sheep congregate looking for someone to follow..."
imagining a paradise

Toledo, OH

#77 Jun 28, 2013
...where the wolves do not have the protection of bullet proof glass.
Sasquatch

Alto, NM

#78 Jun 29, 2013
GladysSmith wrote:
The failing of the Museum in the downs is but a harbinger of things to come.
To the best of my knowledge, the Hubbard Museum has not failed, but the City of Ruidoso Downs' handling of it and the way the City and the Village deal with the real problems of their citizens is a harbinger of more difficult times ahead. In Ruidoso Downs, the problem is not a "dysfunctional" mayor, but a city clerk who has been allowed to manipulate the city council to do her will since the city manager was relieved of his duties by the mayor and city council 6 years or so ago. Attempting to discredit the current mayor is just another ploy to take the attention of the public away from the willfulness of the city clerk and the ineptitude of the city council members.
you are clueless

Lubbock, TX

#79 Jul 3, 2013
River Tracker wrote:
The City Council of Ruidoso Downs would like the people to believe they support the museum with thousands of tax payer dollars - NOT!!! If it wasn't for the Hubbard Museum Foundation, the museum could not operate - period! The city has cut staff and then cut salaries of the remaining staff at the museum to "balance the budget". If a person was to check real deep, they would find out the city does NOT support the museum much at all. They are hoping it fails and are doing everything in their power to see that this happens. While the office staff at the city receive their salary increases because of the "extra work" that the museum burdens them with - the staff at the museum (who actually does all the work) gets the shaft!!! Don't believe me??? It's public record!
The foundation is at ZERO has been for several years. The Downs never should have taken the museum over to begin with. It was all about getting Hubbard a tax write off.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#80 Jul 3, 2013
you are clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
The foundation is at ZERO has been for several years. The Downs never should have taken the museum over to begin with. It was all about getting Hubbard a tax write off.
Yeah, the rich guy got that monkey off his back for sure.
Sasquatch

Alto, NM

#81 Jul 8, 2013
GladysSmith wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, the rich guy got that monkey off his back for sure.
Try to separate what you think of Hubbard from what the City of Ruidoso Downs has done to rid itself of an institution that is dedicated to telling the story of south eastern New Mexico, a story that the Santa Fe museums ignore.
the truth please

Scottsdale, AZ

#82 Jul 8, 2013
Sasquatch wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to separate what you think of Hubbard from what the City of Ruidoso Downs has done to rid itself of an institution that is dedicated to telling the story of south eastern New Mexico, a story that the Santa Fe museums ignore.
The last time I was touring the museum, I didn't pick up on anything that pointed to telling the story of south eastern NM. Most of the museum is about all the stuff that Ann Stradling collected and hoarded in Arizona. Those items depict early west but certainly not south eastern NM. SE NM's claim to fame seems to be Billy the Kid and I don't believe I saw anything specifically about that juvenile delinquent. The traveling exhibits are good, the art and photo competitions are good, but all of that can take place in any local gallery. There is an affiliation with the Smithsonian that one could expect to terminate soon. Their credibility is such that they do not need to be connected to a underfunded, un-supported museum.
susan carter

Albuquerque, NM

#83 Jul 9, 2013
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows the track will NOT move. The cost to do so would be staggering. Do not drink the fight back kool aid.
The track will either eventually collapse from benign neglect or be raided and closed down permanently by the ATF.
Maybe they will move to Roswell, to be closer to the Race Horse Slaughter House?
susan carter

Albuquerque, NM

#84 Jul 13, 2013
inquiring minds wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to say, you are beating a dead horse.
Why the Meanie Face, I thought Ruidoso likes dead horses ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tularosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christmas 15 min Yvonne in HB 20
Alamogordo police logs (Nov '09) 24 min Late much 17
Flu In Alamogordo 43 min Ralph 2
Parents of shot black kid say "it could have be... 47 min Ralph 73
US and Cuba Set To Resume Full Diplomatic Relat... 51 min Ralph 21
Corrupt Republicans 1 hr Ralph 17
Do You Support Otero County Tea Party Patriots ? 1 hr Ralph 84
Tularosa Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web