Any imput on Carino's?
mr-awesome

Alamogordo, NM

#2 Jun 6, 2012
I hear its a good place to take you on a date
Good

Scottsdale, AZ

#3 Jun 6, 2012
It is really good. Fantastic customer service and food. It is obviously still new and there are some kinks to work out but with time it will get better.
abc

Alamogordo, NM

#4 Jun 7, 2012
Good wrote:
It is really good. Fantastic customer service and food. It is obviously still new and there are some kinks to work out but with time it will get better.
This is why we ussually wait about a month before going to a new place. So they can get the kinks out that every new place has.
Rat Killa

United States

#5 Jun 7, 2012
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why we ussually wait about a month before going to a new place. So they can get the kinks out that every new place has.
That and to let the crowds die down so you don't have to wait an hour to get in. We went last Friday, very good food and friendly service.
stl99

United States

#6 Jun 7, 2012
was there for lunch today, at noon, and not a whole lot of people there. Waiter said everyone is waiting until it dies down so the opposite effect is happening.
abc

Alamogordo, NM

#7 Jun 7, 2012
stl99 wrote:
was there for lunch today, at noon, and not a whole lot of people there. Waiter said everyone is waiting until it dies down so the opposite effect is happening.
Lol that would be my luck, wait till it calms down like everyone else and we all end up there for dinner at the same time.
Yup

Santa Fe, NM

#8 Jun 8, 2012
Very good food and service. We did have to wait about 45 minutes to be seated, but that was expected.
MZ GOODY TWO SHOES

Alamogordo, NM

#9 Jun 8, 2012
Don't order tea, cost $2.50, but it was good. Calamari, large order, delicious was around $10.00. I am going back for more calamari. If I remember correctly Chilis has calamari appetizer for less money.
TDK

Tularosa, NM

#10 Jun 9, 2012
Went there for drinks. Great selection of wines and beers. Stella Artois on tap which made me a happy girl.Didn't eat anything but the bread. It was as good as I remembered it being. Will go again to eat one of these days. Server was new to serving, but she did great.
Victor

Alamogordo, NM

#11 Jun 9, 2012
Ill stick to other "local" places and support them like in the mall, or Rocket National etc. Allot seem more reasonable and offer more for less. Carinos is paying junky wages and its supporting a Out of state owner who expects to bank on the local military.
Food Glorious Food

Alamogordo, NM

#12 Jun 9, 2012
Happy Hours are Monday thru Friday, 3PM to 7PM. Half price appetizers, well drinks, signature drinks, draft beer and glasses of wine. Their appetizers are Italian Nachos, Calamari, Stuffed Mushrooms, Fried Mozarrella, and Sicilian Fire Sticks.

So "MZ GOODY TWO SHOES", if you go during those times, you can get the regular order of Calamari (regular price $9.49) for half the price. They also have a Family Size and a Mini Size, but the Regular Size is the one that's half price.

Every Wednesday is "Wine Wednesday". From open to close choose ANY bottle of wine on their wine list for half price.
MommaZ

Santa Fe, NM

#13 Jun 9, 2012
Sweet! Can't wait to try it!

As for supporting locals - I am all for it, unless it is lousy food with lousy service at lousy prices. I imagine this is why a franchise chain would look at Alamo with some interest
Heisenberg

Alamogordo, NM

#14 Jun 12, 2012
I've eaten there the other day. The place appears to be still packed to the gills, and some wait times might be the norm until things level off a bit.

I liked the layout of the restaurant, and liked the way they did the open air grill area.

This I think is real nice, here's people working hard to do their jobs, it's all riht in front of you, nothing hidden in some back room.

The service was very good, and it shows that Carinos cares about proper customer serrvice, and treating the customer as a guest whim the vibes are quite pleasanr.

The one girl who waited on me, a petite hispanic girl with dark hair, I know her from somewhere here in town, just can't picture where? She was very kind, personable, and a doll.

The food was good, I enjoyed what I ate. The Calamari I had looked nicely prepared, but was a little bit on the tough-chewy side, and perhaps could've used a bit more cooking? Not sure, but Calamari is a touchy dish, where improper cooking can easily turn it into a plate of rubber bands. Also, I had wished the Tentacles included, instead of just rings. The Tentacles are my favorite part!

Main course was fish, and it too was good. It isn't easy enjoying a good fish dinner here.

While I've seen some restaurants here get off to a grand start, and then taper to a almost non-existent customer base, I'm thinking that Carianos may always be quite busy, and this is good.

It shows that this is what people want, and where they want to go for dining.

I've noted IHOP as well still has a parking lot full many times, and again, this is good.

I wish the folks at Carinos the best of luck, and that alamogordo has gotten a place with good food, and an enjoyable dining experience.
WB Outlaw

Carrizozo, NM

#15 Apr 8, 2013
Don't forget they have awesome wine dinners! A great way to learn more about wine/food pairings.
TDK

Alamogordo, NM

#16 Apr 8, 2013
WB Outlaw wrote:
Don't forget they have awesome wine dinners! A great way to learn more about wine/food pairings.
Went back for dinner. My husbands food was cold so he sent it back. When it arrived 30 minutes later it was burnt. The restroom was filthy and smelled of sewage. I spoke with the manager and he just blew me off. They have lost a customer for life. I will never go back..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tularosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pastor Flip Benham on Moore 4 min Willie Granville 8
Al Franken 2 hr Willie Granville 72
Roy Moore incriminates himself on tape 5 hr None 4
When evil is called good. 6 hr Laughing 65
Willie Granville fishing tips. 7 hr None 289
Moore of Alabama being asked to step out of race. 7 hr None 134
Charlie Rose Sex Scandal 8 hr A lib that ends i... 7

Tularosa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance