City will give plaza building to county

There are 27 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Aug 14, 2012, titled City will give plaza building to county. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

The Alamogordo City Commission intends to turn over ownership of the Plaza Building to Otero County after a planned executive session today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
If only

Mesa, AZ

#21 Aug 21, 2012
Me and You wrote:
<quoted text>CVS didn't evict anybody. They buy people out. It's the American way. You can make your point without lying. Can't you?
They didn't buy the businesses. They bought the ground out from under them and then evicted them. They would have done the same to the tenants on any part of Block 50 when the land owners sold out.(Thank goodness some were not interested.) How would you feel as a small business owner with a thriving or at least viable business to have a corporation come in and tell you bye bye with no care or recompense to help you relocate in a new place and rebuild your business. CVS's greedy corporate model doesn't give a hoot about who they are running rough shod over all for the great dollar and shaft their competitor.
Me and You

Alamogordo, NM

#22 Aug 21, 2012
If only wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't buy the businesses. They bought the ground out from under them and then evicted them. They would have done the same to the tenants on any part of Block 50 when the land owners sold out.(Thank goodness some were not interested.) How would you feel as a small business owner with a thriving or at least viable business to have a corporation come in and tell you bye bye with no care or recompense to help you relocate in a new place and rebuild your business. CVS's greedy corporate model doesn't give a hoot about who they are running rough shod over all for the great dollar and shaft their competitor.
I am a retired small business owner and still own a strip mall in Clovis, NM where I currently collect rent on 13 tenants. Everybody thinks it's so easy owning property and leasing it out and you must be a rich person to be able to do it. If only people knew about the hassels of collecting rent especially in this economy, some tentants will load up in the middle of the night and skip town. Then I have to find a new tenant, I have the expense of advertising, cleaning up the mess the previous tenant left, many times having to remodel the unit they left, maintenance on the entire building, hot weather brings Air Conditioning costs, cold weather brings snow removal cost, I can go on and on but you would never understand the full costs not only in money but time it takes to run a business unless you have done it yourself. If a greedy corporation wanted to buy me out today I would sell. It's my right as an American to sell, I have worked extremely hard in my life to build my business and make it and my family a success. I built it, I did it. Not YOU, Not OBAMA!
U sound like redfool

Alamogordo, NM

#24 Apr 4, 2015
Redo10Fold wrote:
Meanwhile it's now 2015 and the county commission still is renovating it daily or weekly keeping it's buddy contractor system employed gracefully on tax payer dollars. Wake up folks. Sitting useless and empty with renovations over renovations. Cough not to mention the Las cruces roofer contractor was cousin to a local contractor who wins county bids last several years.
You are an idiot. It is not empty. It is currently storing some local artifacts. Clueless jerks like you spew bs without knowing the truth.
URaAzzzz

Alamogordo, NM

#25 Apr 4, 2015
U sound like redfool wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot. It is not empty. It is currently storing some local artifacts. Clueless jerks like you spew bs without knowing the truth.
sitting meanwhile as a storage that was on display from the useless chamber of commerce. obviously your one of the bafoons from there or one of the commissioners.
Mr T

Alamogordo, NM

#27 Apr 24, 2015
William of Europe wrote:
It is a shame that after all these years, another place to drink and eat could not have been placed there! Use to have great Pizza too; great night spot in Alamo.
Well what do you expect when there's no born again Christians in the local government.
Mrs T

Alamogordo, NM

#28 Friday Apr 24
Mr T wrote:
<quoted text>
Well what do you expect when there's no born again Christians in the local government.
And to think that I thought that you couldn't get any more stupid !!!
Mr T

Alamogordo, NM

#29 Friday Apr 24
I wish our town had a decent museum about Alamogordo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tularosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris Kyle 4 min Liberated 4
Hillary 6 min Ralph 4
News Holloman Increases FPCON to Bravo 7 min Ralph 6
Unbelievable! 8 min Trut 12
Mayor Galea inserts foot into mouth again 28 min Furious At Rentsc... 23
From a Navy Chaplain 38 min Ralph 42
Ramadi lost 5 hr Ralph 28
More from around the web

Tularosa People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE