City will give plaza building to county

City will give plaza building to county

There are 27 comments on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Aug 14, 2012, titled City will give plaza building to county. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

The Alamogordo City Commission intends to turn over ownership of the Plaza Building to Otero County after a planned executive session today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
William of Europe

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#1 Aug 16, 2012
It is a shame that after all these years, another place to drink and eat could not have been placed there! Use to have great Pizza too; great night spot in Alamo.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 16, 2012
Another County project that will spend millions to draw a few tourists too a week, and lets Congraluate White Sands Constriction for doing the remodel.
Huh

Alamogordo, NM

#3 Aug 16, 2012
Land Locked Sailor wrote:
Another County project that will spend millions to draw a few tourists too a week, and lets Congraluate White Sands Constriction for doing the remodel.
Topix spelling police will be along any minute now
Congraluate?
hmmm

Rio Rancho, NM

#4 Aug 16, 2012
And this is why Tommy Herrell wants another gross receipts tax put upon us people. Quality of life my a ass.
Well

Tularosa, NM

#5 Aug 16, 2012
Pretty good bet that if the quality of life tax passes, every dime will go toward this "pet project"
If they list on the ballot exactly where every dime of this money is going I might give it a second thought. Otherwise the answer is NO!
Knows the truth

United States

#6 Aug 19, 2012
So how many jobs were lost because CVS pharmacy bailed? Construction jobs, clerks, ect ect ect . Somthing underhanded is at work here. I predict some how in the next year this museum thing will go away and a property deal will be brokered padding pockets. This is just another slap in the face to we the people.
No I know the truth

Alamogordo, NM

#7 Aug 19, 2012
Knows the truth wrote:
So how many jobs were lost because CVS pharmacy bailed? Construction jobs, clerks, ect ect ect . Somthing underhanded is at work here. I predict some how in the next year this museum thing will go away and a property deal will be brokered padding pockets. This is just another slap in the face to we the people.
Nothing underhanded here. The city originally promised to give the TBHS two years to seek funding, then reneged on that promise, and then turned over the building to the county for that 2 year time frame. Again, CVS needs the entire block and the entire block is not for sale. CVS would have never gotten that site for that reason.
hmmm

Rio Rancho, NM

#8 Aug 19, 2012
No I know the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing underhanded here. The city originally promised to give the TBHS two years to seek funding, then reneged on that promise, and then turned over the building to the county for that 2 year time frame. Again, CVS needs the entire block and the entire block is not for sale. CVS would have never gotten that site for that reason.
I believe it was one year for funding. Now it is two. I guess that whole block will just remain ugly now. I would have liked a nice restaurant and bar there instead of a museum.
No I know the truth

Alamogordo, NM

#9 Aug 19, 2012
hmmm wrote:
<quoted text> I believe it was one year for funding. Now it is two. I guess that whole block will just remain ugly now. I would have liked a nice restaurant and bar there instead of a museum.
No it was always two years for funding. Attend a city commission meeting and learn the truth before spouting out bullshit. CVS is neither a restaurnt nor a bar.
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#10 Aug 19, 2012
In a city that could really use jobs in this poor economy you silly people keep turning away the good fortune that WANTS to come and help you out! No new pharmacy and no high paying drilling jobs on the Mesa! No wonder your children move away as fast as they can as soon as they can! You get what you deserve. Enjoy your old run down building and the dirt on the Mesa!
No I know the truth

Alamogordo, NM

#11 Aug 19, 2012
WARRIOR wrote:
In a city that could really use jobs in this poor economy you silly people keep turning away the good fortune that WANTS to come and help you out! No new pharmacy and no high paying drilling jobs on the Mesa! No wonder your children move away as fast as they can as soon as they can! You get what you deserve. Enjoy your old run down building and the dirt on the Mesa!
Again idiot, CVS would need the entire block which isn't for sale.
Are you always this stupid or is today special?
Scout Mom

Albuquerque, NM

#12 Aug 20, 2012
Aren't there other places CVS could go? Surely we have enough room somewhere.
No I know the truth

Alamogordo, NM

#13 Aug 20, 2012
Scout Mom wrote:
Aren't there other places CVS could go? Surely we have enough room somewhere.
CVS only builds across the street from Walgreens.
Scout Mom

Albuquerque, NM

#14 Aug 20, 2012
<quoted text>
CVS only builds across the street from Walgreens.
Actually, I've seen plenty of places where there was no Walgreen's in sight, but there was a CVS. I'm sure those that live on the North end of town would appreciate having a business closer to them.
If only

Scottsdale, AZ

#15 Aug 20, 2012
The current (and stupid) business model for CVS is to build across from Walgreens. In Las Cruces CVS evicted 2 thriving businesses just to build across from their competitor. CVS shows they don't care about the community they are building in, but only care that they are across from Walgreens. I wouldn't want a such a crass and greedy corporation in my town.
Me and You

Alamogordo, NM

#16 Aug 20, 2012
The citizens and so-called leaders of Alamogordo are so short sighted they all belong in that blind school. There is plenty of land for CVS to build if somebody would aggresively pursue them. A tax break for all new business would be attractive to companies. Open that Mesa for drilling with strict rules and monitor the progress daily. High paying jobs would be created and money would flow into this community. But then again you have people like "No I know the truth" running this town. What a bunch of idiots. Stay poor and have your children move away Alamogordo......
Me and You

Alamogordo, NM

#17 Aug 20, 2012
If only wrote:
The current (and stupid) business model for CVS is to build across from Walgreens. In Las Cruces CVS evicted 2 thriving businesses just to build across from their competitor. CVS shows they don't care about the community they are building in, but only care that they are across from Walgreens. I wouldn't want a such a crass and greedy corporation in my town.
CVS didn't evict anybody. They buy people out. It's the American way. You can make your point without lying. Can't you?
No I know the truth

Alamogordo, NM

#18 Aug 20, 2012
Me and You wrote:
The citizens and so-called leaders of Alamogordo are so short sighted they all belong in that blind school. There is plenty of land for CVS to build if somebody would aggresively pursue them. A tax break for all new business would be attractive to companies. Open that Mesa for drilling with strict rules and monitor the progress daily. High paying jobs would be created and money would flow into this community. But then again you have people like "No I know the truth" running this town. What a bunch of idiots. Stay poor and have your children move away Alamogordo......
You dont know crap, do you? CVS was offered other land and tax incentives. They passed. There were insistent upon getting the real estate at 10th and White Sands.
Again, easy for you to talk shit when you don't know shit.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#19 Aug 20, 2012
Me and You wrote:
Look at the past tax breaks this city gave the Cookie Factory, 1-800-flowers, not a good record for the city and the citizens. If a business wants to move here, they will.
Open the mesa for drilling and rely on the 1872 mining act to protect the mesa, no thanks...And since you live here too, you are free to pack up and drive away, and take your high paying job too.
WARRIOR

Alamogordo, NM

#20 Aug 21, 2012
<quoted text>
You dont know crap, do you? CVS was offered other land and tax incentives. They passed. There were insistent upon getting the real estate at 10th and White Sands.
Again, easy for you to talk shit when you don't know shit.
Post where the location of the land was and what tax incentives they were offered. This will be easy for you to do seeing how you know the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tularosa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton to get Harvard medal for 'trans... 52 min Dittoe 1
Most Admired 5 hr Laughing 761
Trump 2020 6 hr North Goes South 37
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) 11 hr Smelly_Kat 12,312
Sick Of Train Horn At Nite and Early Morning (Mar '15) 14 hr James_dorion 19
News Woman dies in fire Tuesday (Jan '08) 21 hr Mollys daughter 141
The Swamp ! 22 hr Laughing 50

Tularosa Jobs

Personal Finance

Tularosa Mortgages