Hurricane Sandy: Live from Mystic Island

Oct 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NJ.com

Hello all, welcome from Mystic Island. For those who have never heard of Mystic Island - I'm guessing that's about 95 percent of New Jersey - it's a community at the southernmost edge of Ocean County, part of Little Egg Harbor Township and next to Tuckerton.

Comments
101 - 120 of 250 Comments Last updated Feb 10, 2014
Worker

Tuckerton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Gabby wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too.. Any details asap please!!
. I have helped with the aftermath today. Osborn island and the house on it are completely devastated. 95% of the house are destroyed and whatever isn't wiped out is not livable do to all the water in the house. IOWA court them house are the worst. Majority of them house have no first floors and I heard once they are knocked down there will be no more houses built there. Majority of the houses in the water property in little egg/mystic are either completely destroyed or not livable do to water damage. God bless all that have lost there homes and everything they had and especially the little boy and other people that were found dead. RIP
Krysta

Bixby, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Vicky wrote:
<quoted text> We have house on Louisiana on Osborn. Heard from neighbor water up 4ft in his garage. He lives at very end of street close to bay. We have neighbors boat on our yard. Residents being allowed on during day to ck then must leave.
Vicky, we have a house on Kentucky right of Louisiana on Osborn. Let us know if you hear anything else!
Wall Streeter

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Wow I am in NYC right now

I have been inside during the storm playing this stock trading game.

http://sigmatrader.com/trade.php

I made $13 in one hour haha

I guess it wasn't a waste of a day inside
Peggylag

Westwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Wondering about the last streets off Center and Callabreeze (Los Angeles)
Haven't been able to get any info about our house and our neighbors
Lori WIlliamsport pa

Williamsport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

If anyone has any information on the damage that has bestowed upon Mill Creek Road in Ocean County New Jersey it would be much appreciated. My sister's home is there, she is currently stating with me in PA and the officials have not yet told us about the severity of the damage and friends that have tried to get to the street were turned away, as it is blocked. Can anyone please tell me the severity of the damage.
Brian

Lexington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

The area around the end of Lake Michigan Drive... how high did the water get... any word on the older houses?
Leo

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

I grew up in Seaside, lived in Mystic for 10 years. Moved to Punta Gorda Fl and lost home in "Charlie". I know what its like. My thoughts and prayers are with you guys at the Jersey Shore.
Florida Realtor www.FloridaHomeByTheSea.com
Vicky

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

I am4365 going today to ck our house on Louisiana Dr on OSBORN Is. Will post later what I find for those who can't get down to OI.
Vicky

Paterson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Krysta wrote:
<quoted text>
Vicky, we have a house on Kentucky right of Louisiana on Osborn. Let us know if you hear anything else!
ok
Patti

Du Bois, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

My Aunt has one of the original homes (single level on a cement slab) on Mohawk Dr. Can anyone tell me how this type of home is holding up? I fear the worst.
Joan

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

My in laws had a home on Spar Court Mystic Island. Some of their neighbors are still living there. Hope all is well with them and would like to know if that area survived. Thanks
Beate

Tunkhannock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Ron wrote:
Just came back from MI. Friend's house on N burgee is devastated will post pix. My boat was at Munros and floated off trailer into water behind Scott's appears ok. Entire area covered with debris, docks and boats. Boat upside down in field next to Vesuvios. No power in area. If you have natural gas call NJ gas immediately we found it on and leaking.
Ron, thanks for any info re N Burgee.
Patrick

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

My brother lives on Anchor Drive. I think 103 or 104. Thanks for the information.
Charlie wrote:
GREAT TO READ SOME OF THE COMMENTS,SPOKE TO A FREIND WHO WAS ABLE TO HET DOWN ANCHOR DR, About 3foot of water in the home, not good. Ups is going to try to make deliveries into MYSTIC on Wednesday
Tom

New Cumberland, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Just heard from one of my neighbors on E. Susquehanna by the cul-de-sac. Total devastation! 5 feet of water in the houses. What was there is either gone or destroyed. My heart goes out to all who have lost everything including their lives. Sorry is the only word that I can come up with but yet, so inadequate.
Karyn

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Ohio Drive- front is bay facing. Can someone please post picts, let me know of the damage or homes withstanding. Is it even accessible? My family's home is there. I have read of the devastation of Iowa Ct...but any specifics on this part of Ohio Dr?
pat

Spring Hill, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

any news on south longboat drive or captains drive
or playhouse drive
Toni Blackwood NJ

Sicklerville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Does anyone know anything about Tuckerton Beach area? I have my mom with me and she is anxious to know anything about her home. She is on Flamingo Rd on the lagoon.
Matt

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

I have a house on South Burgee that my brother was living in. He went down yesterday, it's basically been completely destroyed. Water marks inside the house are between 6-7 feet up on the walls. It was a single story ranch so it's done.
Rose

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Patti wrote:
My Aunt has one of the original homes (single level on a cement slab) on Mohawk Dr. Can anyone tell me how this type of home is holding up? I fear the worst.
My daughter was just at our house on Mullica Road, just 2 blocks from there. We only had a half inch of water according to her and so did the house next door. But he stayed during the storm and said that our 2 houses are on a little hill and we formed a little island at high tide. He said that most of the houses had between 1-3 feet of water in them and most docks and floating docks had damage. Power came back last night and Twin Lakes Blvd and Radio Road are open. Goof Luck to your Aunt.
Missy

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

I have the same type of home on Mohawk. Haven't been able to get down there or get any info.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tuckerton Discussions

Search the Tuckerton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
pokemon black/white friend codes 2013-2014 (Feb '13) Jul 20 kyogre99 1,326
any1 kno any updates on DT Steven Hadley of EHC... Jul 7 Stewie 4
Review: TLT Powder Coating Jul 5 Steph 1
Egg Harbor City detective accused of using poli... Jul 3 Nazareth 1
Project To Add Additional Lane To Section Of GS... Jun 29 Tony Pistilli 1
motorcycle accident Jun '14 John 1
Review: DJ Towing & Recycling May '14 Unknown 1
•••
•••