Hurricane Sandy: Live from Mystic Island

Oct 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NJ.com

Hello all, welcome from Mystic Island. For those who have never heard of Mystic Island - I'm guessing that's about 95 percent of New Jersey - it's a community at the southernmost edge of Ocean County, part of Little Egg Harbor Township and next to Tuckerton.

Comments
21 - 40 of 250 Comments Last updated Feb 10, 2014
John and Shirl

Bel Air, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Pam wrote:
I would be very interested to know if anyone has any infomation about how Beach Rd on Osborn Island has faired. My parents have a home there and are anxious for any news.
Hey Pam! We are looking too. Let us know if you find anything.
Rose

Collingswood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Any info anyone can provide would be great - we are on S Los Angeles Dr.- and it's very high there, Irene was not an issue at all but we weren't able to get out boat out...but it sounds like if it was at Munro's it wouldn't have made a difference. Have't receieved word we can get back in yet, was thinking of trying tomorrow? Any idea?
Lynn

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

james wrote:
<quoted text>Tey are not letting anyone down twin lakes. I heard there were 5 houses burnt, I'm worried too but Icalled west tuckerton fire dept and they said vehicles are not ablr or allowed to travel into Mystic especially twin lakes blvd. sorry, I'm with ya though. This was 10 am tues morning
Thank you so much James....the news does not show ANYTHING on that area. We are just in the dark. Should we call Tuckerton Fire Dept? Were they helpful for information? My moms house is near the end of Twin Lakes Blvd. We REALLY appreciate the information you gave us, although we wish the news was better. Hope you and your family stay safe and we'd appreciate ANY new info that you come across.
Col

Rutherford, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Any news on w navasink?
Beate

Tunkhannock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Was Mystic evacuated prior to Hurricane Sandy's visit? Was Tuckerton flooded as well?
Lynn

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

andy wrote:
UPDATE - they are now allowing people down twin lakes to check their houses. Houses on E shrewsbury had about 10" inside of water per my neighbor who called me from the street. crawl spaces are still filled with water. boats, floating docks, debris all over the place. Still no power.
Consider all first floor items sitting on the floor trashed no matter where you have a house in the area. good luck to all.
ANDY, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the update. My mom lives on E Navasink. We haven't heard a WORD on Mystic Island on the news. Any new updates would sure be appreciated!
Charlie

Newark, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

GREAT TO READ SOME OF THE COMMENTS,SPOKE TO A FREIND WHO WAS ABLE TO HET DOWN ANCHOR DR, About 3foot of water in the home, not good. Ups is going to try to make deliveries into MYSTIC on Wednesday
Christina

Oaklyn, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Charlie wrote:
GREAT TO READ SOME OF THE COMMENTS,SPOKE TO A FREIND WHO WAS ABLE TO HET DOWN ANCHOR DR, About 3foot of water in the home, not good. Ups is going to try to make deliveries into MYSTIC on Wednesday
Was that W. Anchor? My parents are on W. Brig. Trying to find out any info.
Steve

Closter, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Hi, does anyone know about the condition of E. Sail Drive in Mystic Island??
Beate

Tunkhannock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Charlie wrote:
Thank you for the update. If UPS is going to be making deliveries tomorrow that's a good sign. Again many thanks!
Charlie

Newark, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Christina wrote:
<quoted text>
Was that W. Anchor? My parents are on W. Brig. Trying to find out any info.
I live on w brig going back on we'd morning to check things out charlie
Pam

Hacienda Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

"Hey Pam! We are looking too. Let us know if you find anything."

Hey John and Shirl..... Will let you know anything I find out. You do the same. It doesn't sound good , I am worried about mom and dad going alone to check on Thursday. Are you going?
Do you guys know if the other houses that are being referred to as having water inside are raised?
Steve

Media, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Is there any update on Osborne island? Pics? Have family on Kansas .
ray

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

any news north captains drive/playhouse road area ?
Beth

Elizabeth, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Does anyone have any news for east Schuylkill? Any information would be great. Thanks!!!!
Hanson

Feasterville Trevose, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Anyone hear anything about south bergey? We had a boat out front of our house too heard boats are all over the place.
Beate

Tunkhannock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

If anyone has any news about the status of Burgee Drive would greatly appreciate hearing it. Thanks and good wishes to all.(Enough already with the same ole news about NY, AC and Philly -- what about these coastal communities?)
Hanson

Feasterville Trevose, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Misspell looking for info on burgee rd.
Tom

Coatesville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

I have a house on E. Susquehanna and I am very interested in what damage has been done. Does anybody have an idea?
Beate

Tunkhannock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Hanson wrote:
Misspell looking for info on burgee rd.
Hanson, I'm certain it is North Burgee Drive. Thanks for any info.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Tuckerton News Video

•••
•••

Tuckerton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tuckerton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE