Georgia - Authorities Find Thousands of Marijuana Plants in Gro...

Full story: First Coast News Jacksonville

ATHENS, GA -- In recent weeks, thousands of marijuana plants worth millions of dollars have been uncovered in more than 70 houses, authorities said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 99 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2011
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
outgrow Big Bro

Odessa, TX

#1 Nov 24, 2007
Want to help end the senseless destruction and seizure of property associated with these types of arrests?

Visit us at www.outgrowbigbro.org

Outgrow Big Bro
because if we don't, who will?
RETIRED ARMY

AOL

#2 Nov 24, 2007
Yeah, that's it "Support Outgrow Big Bro" and complain that its the REPS fault that you're poor or in jail...

The laws that were put in place by Congress that was elected by WE THE PEOPLE must be enforced or changed... VOTE VOTE VOTE
scott

AOL

#3 Nov 24, 2007
pot still being illegal is archaic and the evidence it is dangerous is outdated...

Since: Jul 07

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Nov 24, 2007
I'm allergic to marijuana and my neighbors used to smoke it all the time and I used to get so sick just from the secondhand smoke. Personally, I say draft morons like outgrow Big Bro into the army.
scott

AOL

#5 Nov 24, 2007
alcohol is much more dangerous and harmful than pot will ever be....
Refugee Allstar 420

Austin, TX

#6 Jan 11, 2008
I am a huge supporter of Outgrow Big Bro.

Not that I need approval from some guy from Florida, whose mom brainwashed him into believing he was allergic to cannabis or anyone else for that matter.

I just think that people who talk down on people who are working for change are ridiculous.

Go ahead and stick your head in the dirt, but I choose to put seeds there instead.

Anyways, the guy who operates Outgrow Big Bro lives in Canada, so no draft for him.

peace not hate.

get it?

i hope you one day will.
420420420LUV

Douglasville, GA

#7 Jan 13, 2008
Amen Bro! I'm all for all of us hemp lovers having a million people march and march to the Whitehouse and put our feet down. It most definitely should be legal.
scott wrote:
pot still being illegal is archaic and the evidence it is dangerous is outdated...
Bust Your ASS

United States

#8 Jan 14, 2008
Unfortunately this country is growing increasingly vice minded. I only hope that more drug traffickers, dealers, addicts and users find themselves behind bars and loose their civil rights. I fear the day when there will be a majority of voters that are addicts and criminals. We are not far from that point now. The fact is that between the NarcoTraffickers and the Communists(yes they have not gone away)this country has been corrupted from within. There has not been a need for attack since the rot has fermented from within. You think the ragheads are a threat? we have been silently eaten away by the communist/narcoterorists for decades just look at this country. Europe is now on their agenda and past the point of no return. I have no regard for drug facilitators, no lament for addicts, and absolutely No pitty for encarcerated dopers. May law enforcement and others everywhere continue to BUST YOUR ASS!!!

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#9 Jan 14, 2008
pot is less harmful than alcohol for sure..and it should be legalized. but the government cant figure out how to tax it properly so they perpetuate the false lies about how dangerous it is. it is not adictive, it is not a gateway drug and it is not a violent drug...UNLIKE ALCOHOL WHICH IS ALL 3 AND THEN SOME!
RONIN

United States

#10 Jan 14, 2008
Pot was outlawed in the middle of depression to force illegal mexican workers from taking jobs from the whites when jobs were far and few in between. It was not uncommon for a person to go to jail for 3-5 yrs for 1 joint. As far as being a vice minded society that has been in our country for a long, long time. Do you rememebr that Cocaine was put into coke? Look at a lot of the Snake Oils in the 1st part of the century and you will find Cocaine and Heroin were key ingredients. The government can find a way to grow and tax pot to make a profit, it all depend on wether they want to or not. If you have not seen it I suggest Reefer Madness, a gov't movie that is an absolute scream.
Mike

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Jan 14, 2008
Bust Your ASS wrote:
Unfortunately this country is growing increasingly vice minded. I only hope that more drug traffickers, dealers, addicts and users find themselves behind bars and loose their civil rights. I fear the day when there will be a majority of voters that are addicts and criminals. We are not far from that point now. The fact is that between the NarcoTraffickers and the Communists(yes they have not gone away)this country has been corrupted from within. There has not been a need for attack since the rot has fermented from within. You think the ragheads are a threat? we have been silently eaten away by the communist/narcoterorists for decades just look at this country. Europe is now on their agenda and past the point of no return. I have no regard for drug facilitators, no lament for addicts, and absolutely No pitty for encarcerated dopers. May law enforcement and others everywhere continue to BUST YOUR ASS!!!
Your so sick. I can only hope that you are over 50. Only when you and your generation of feermongered hippy haters are dead will this great country become free for all people. You blamed the social disorder and problems of thei great nation on "drugs". Well you know what the government and all the stooges that support it are crooks and shamsters. They spew lies and disinformation and people like you eat it up by the shovel full. The federal government is out of bounds with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. You talk of communism as if your views were radically different, when in fact you would have everyone of us held under the gun of the federal government. Today in Florida if i were to put a bumper sticker on my vehicle that said "Legalize It" I would be fired by my boss, I would be pulled over by the cops every day. Thatís not political freedom is it. When we can not have a rational conversation based of fact not moral objection thatís oppression and thatís closer to communism than freedom. You are a sheep.
Mike

Jacksonville, FL

#12 Jan 14, 2008
RETIRED ARMY wrote:
Yeah, that's it "Support Outgrow Big Bro" and complain that its the REPS fault that you're poor or in jail...
The laws that were put in place by Congress that was elected by WE THE PEOPLE must be enforced or changed... VOTE VOTE VOTE
I guess the FACT that its Illegal is your argument. Well my friend, it was Illegal to dump two hundred thousand pounds of tea into the Boston Harbor, it was illegal for blacks to sit in the front of the bus, it was illegal to drink alcohol for a short time. Lots of things were illegal, including oral sex in most states, and we are fighting an illegal war in Iraq. What is your point?
RONIN

United States

#13 Jan 14, 2008
RETIRED ARMY wrote:
Yeah, that's it "Support Outgrow Big Bro" and complain that its the REPS fault that you're poor or in jail...
The laws that were put in place by Congress that was elected by WE THE PEOPLE must be enforced or changed... VOTE VOTE VOTE
Hitler was elected, we saw what happened there! Just because you vote for someone it does not mean they will be honest and true to heart. By the way, those in power now are the same ones who smoked pot & dropped acid in the 60's and to think that none of the boneheads in D.C. never did is naive.
Bust Your ASS

United States

#14 Jan 14, 2008
And what have you guys done for your country? You sit here and profess Freedom, yet probably never fired a gun to protect you, your family, or your country. As long as you can smoke or snort your dope you are "free".
Mike said I was sick. I am, I am sick of dopers, and the addicts that perpetuate their continuing drug enterprises. These black market money machines affect the price I pay for food, clothing, and my house.
Please spare me the bit about legalizing it as a solution. I have been on these blogs for years arguing the same topic with other addicts.
debbie

Saint Augustine, FL

#15 Jan 14, 2008
mike said it all..........
debbie st. augustine
debbie

Saint Augustine, FL

#16 Jan 14, 2008
you mr. bust your ass.......
you act like we don't work or pay taxes........
ok, what ever you say. "fuck off" i'm a very good mother of four children, i have a great job, i don't get no child support, you would never know by meeting me. i have a fat ass ride, fur boots, apple bottom jeans, and a nice house. so before you make acusations. you should think about it.
Bust Your ASS

United States

#17 Jan 14, 2008
debbie wrote:
you mr. bust your ass.......
you act like we don't work or pay taxes........
ok, what ever you say. "fuck off" i'm a very good mother of four children, i have a great job, i don't get no child support, you would never know by meeting me. i have a fat ass ride, fur boots, apple bottom jeans, and a nice house. so before you make acusations. you should think about it.
So your point IS?
What,? You drive your kids aroung high on dope!!
You have a great job couse your boss has not figured out that you do drugs. Obviously you do not do somthing involving a federal job or any thing like driving a school bus because you would be on a drug testing program. You are just a drug user POS!
been there

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Jan 14, 2008
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the FACT that its Illegal is your argument. Well my friend, it was Illegal to dump two hundred thousand pounds of tea into the Boston Harbor, it was illegal for blacks to sit in the front of the bus, it was illegal to drink alcohol for a short time. Lots of things were illegal, including oral sex in most states, and we are fighting an illegal war in Iraq. What is your point?
You missed the key point to all of your examples Mike. In everything you cite bseides the LEGAL war in Iraq, those things were changed because people banded together and changed people's minds. Segragation was removed once people stood up and shined a light on the true evil of the practice. Prohibition ended because people saw that it was not making things better but worse. Every example you cited involved a group of people getting together and changing the minds of enough American people to change the law. You my friend are a communist. You believe that the will of a few should be imposed on many just because you feel it is right. Hitler did just that. Most people did not agree with his policies of racial, sexual, and religous persecution and extermination. However a few powerful people controlled the whole country. If you want to change things in a democracy you must convince the majority of the people. Then you must realize that you and your friends are not in the majority also. Everyone tends to surround themselves with people who think like them and it tends to lead us to believe that everyone thinks like us when they don't. It was a lesson that I took a while to learn. To this day, I have never met anyone who claims to have voted for Bill Clinton and yet he was elected twice. That does not mean that he was elected by a communist conspiracy but rather my circle of friends, famil, and acquaintances does not include the group of people that voted for him. If you want it legalized begin an educational campaign to get people to see things your way. The government created that ludicrous reefer madness movie for a reason. They wanted to influence the American people to see things their way and they did. Look at how powerful the enviromental lobby has gotten from even 20 years ago.

All that being said, I think anyone who uses mind altering drugs whether it be alcohol, weed, cocaine, or any other substance at their core is trying to make up for something that they feel is inadequate. I do not say this to be insulting although some will take it that way, but you should be a complete person content and happy without needing these substances. But hey, maybe if you work really hard you can change my opinion too, its happened before.

“It's not about me.”

Since: Nov 07

Jacksonville

#19 Jan 14, 2008
Don't forget all the ILLEGAL invaders from Mexico!
420420420LUV

Douglasville, GA

#20 Jan 17, 2008
For MARIJUANA? Hey, I see you're from Miami - at one time (probably still - I'm out of the loop) the all-time COCAINE capital of the world. But for POT? Come on!! You must be insane and very, very angry.

One would think the jail cells could be put to better use than to bust a person for POT, which is a natural plant, and that's ALL!

What's in your medicine cabinet?
Bust Your ASS wrote:
Unfortunately this country is growing increasingly vice minded. I only hope that more drug traffickers, dealers, addicts and users find themselves behind bars and loose their civil rights. I fear the day when there will be a majority of voters that are addicts and criminals. We are not far from that point now. The fact is that between the NarcoTraffickers and the Communists(yes they have not gone away)this country has been corrupted from within. There has not been a need for attack since the rot has fermented from within. You think the ragheads are a threat? we have been silently eaten away by the communist/narcoterorists for decades just look at this country. Europe is now on their agenda and past the point of no return. I have no regard for drug facilitators, no lament for addicts, and absolutely No pitty for encarcerated dopers. May law enforcement and others everywhere continue to BUST YOUR ASS!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tucker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 min see the light 18,871
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 9 min rename 53,323
WW3: ISIS to Blow up an American City 3 hr Mr Bojangles 15
Dogs EATING corpses of Ebola victims 3 hr Walter Melon 11
Is it the police or is it us? 3 hr Duh 4
Putin warns enemies of Russia: 'It's best not t... 7 hr Yankees Rule 5
Doraville library looks like a dump (Mar '14) 7 hr Chamblee neighbor 6
•••

Tucker News Video

•••
Tucker Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Tucker Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Tucker People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Tucker News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Tucker
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••