Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6108 Feb 28, 2013
lighteredknot wrote:
Lanny Davis joins Bob Woodward as journalist to say the obama White House team threatened to remove their press credentials if the newspapers they worked for continued to run their articles. obama like his followers can't stand the truth and freedom of speech, another one of our Constitutional rights obama is trying to take away from Americans.
Here's the link of truth, hope this sets the spammer free. Bless her little heart.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/28/wh...

Location hidden

#6110 Feb 28, 2013
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When will you learn not to tangle with me, as you always end up getting humiliated and made to look like a fool?
P.S. Have you figured out whether or not John and Theresa Kerry file separate tax returns?
LMAO. Seriously? Really seriously?

Humiliated? By a clueless and uneducated kool aid sucker? Seriously? Show where?

The mistake(s) you make is you opine on many things, acting like you're knowledgeable in them all. You're not. I comment on things I know, like taxes, personal and corporate. You don't.

BTW, I still say you voted for the current POTUSA because he looks like you and no other reason.

I've put challenges out there for you before, you (interestingly enough) avoid them.'nuff said.

Still trying to figure out how someone making $60K a year pays 30% in income taxes? Kinda like a 4 foot 6 inch, 300 pound, one legged dude dunking a basketball, not gonna happen...
Josiah Byall

Wichita, KS

#6111 Feb 28, 2013
So dapper Dave,
You probably think you are soo hilarious explaining the whole election process to me as if I'm an idiot. I'm dying laughing. I bet you probably will feel very proud of yourself to know I'm 14.

I thought people got over that before my age but I guess they don't; at least, not in your case. You do have a reasonable excuse for your lack of maturity if you are 11 or 12 and if that is the case I am sorry to bring up this topic.
Barb Brenner

Canton, GA

#6112 Feb 28, 2013
SoUnCool wrote:
<quoted text>
You and lighteredknot do realize that the wealthy are being rewarded for...what again? You're American regardless to how "smart" you were with your business. It's not punishment it's what should be done regardless. If I made an exorbitant amount of money I would expect to pay an exorbitant, 27%, amount of federal tax period. See the thing is people blame the "non producers", as you called them, for having an entitlement
problem called welfare. Those very critics fail to realize that the "wealthy" have an entitlement problem called "tax loopholes, deductions, capital gains etc...". So both groups of "deadbeats" and "wealth mongers" alike have entitlement issues just on the opposite end of the spectrum. It's not stupid to say "hey the set tax rate is 27% pay your taxes like an American regardless of your income". However it is stupid to say "hey the tax rate is 27% but since you have more money you only have to pay 15%..." WHAT?! Seriously...we have a country to run and if you keep allowing your capital to operate the country, as a whole, walk out the door to cross an ocean or sea and into another country then the country deserves to be in the predicament it is in as we speak. The former is what needs to be done to balance and the latter is asinine.
For all purposes forget everything you know about taxes on goods for this illustration:
Case in point. If you had a business and you were the owner/operator and you had two customers walk in. One with just enough money to pay for what they need and another with enough to live your life and their life at the same daymn time would you, as the owner of your business that is the source of your livelihood, when the illustrated "deadbeat" comes to check out, place a heavier tax on those items. Now, when the "trump" comes to check out would you practically allow him to walk out the store barely paying for his selected items?
Everyone keeps looking at selected groups saying this is right/wrong and fingerprinting. The issue is it's not about YOU per se it's about THE COUNTRY and it's survival. Now if you would let the country, your business in the example, go under and have no more prestige no more buying power no more anything then go ahead, but again it's your livelihood and your everything. That "Buffett" will continue to live his/her life somewhere after they have bankrupted you while you are aassed out and now a "deadbeat"/third world nation.
Food for thought
Sure we could close some loopholes. But 15% of several millions is still more that 0% of anything or NEGATIVE percent. Something like 40% of Americand pay NO taxes. No one should pay nothing. Pay $1. It's the principal.
Barb Brenner

Canton, GA

#6113 Feb 28, 2013
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me "splain" it to you in the simplest of terms, because you appear to be a very simple minded individual.
An election took place.
People went to the polls and voted, or submitted absentee ballots.
The votes were tallied.
Barack Obama amassed more votes than Mitt Romney, both from a raw vote perspective and an electoral college perspective.
THAT is how Barack Obama was reelected!
...got any other idiotic questions you need to have answered?
Dave, I'm pretty sure I read that this post is from an adolescent. I think he is trying to learn, not argue.
Josiah Byall

Wichita, KS

#6114 Mar 1, 2013
In a way I am just making sure I'm not being brain washed
I just wanted to see the other side of the argument. So far, the other side of the argument is not a very convincing argument and I haven't heard why Obama is apparently such a wonderful president. I have only heard reasons supporting otherwise.
Obskeptic

Royal Oak, MI

#6115 Mar 1, 2013
sofa King Cool wrote:
For all those who believe the “sequester” cuts are onerous, let me make a simple analogy.
Say my annual income is $25,000, yet I spend $35,000 and owe $165,000 on my credit cards. So, in order to solve my problem, I decide to increase my income by $650 (say, the amount gained by raising taxes on the rich).
When that is not enough to close my $10,000 shortfall, I propose to cut my annual spending by $850 (say, the sequester). Now, I only have a shortfall of $8,500 for this year. My new credit card balance becomes $173,500.
This is the U.S. budget condition if you add many zeros to the numbers. So when the president says we cannot afford the cuts, one can only laugh.
The presidents message is consistent though. Consistently lying. You would think that lying would be something that is beneath the presidency, especially petty and unnecessary lies, but the American people don't seem to be concerned with the character of our leadership nowadays.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#6116 Mar 1, 2013
Barb Brenner wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, I'm pretty sure I read that this post is from an adolescent. I think he is trying to learn, not argue.
...and you believe everything people post/claim on the internet.

Surely you'll believe me when I say...

I am the most handsome, intelligent, charming, educated man in the entire state of Florida. I climbed Mount Everest in my bare feet, while wearing nothing more than a pair of basketball shorts. I swam the English Channel, pulling a fully loaded barge behind me. I once beat the crap out of a group of Hell's Angels while I was in a full body cast. I graduated from high school when I was 11, from college (Summa Cum Laude) when I was 14, earned my fist Masters degree (I have 9 of them) at 15, my first PhD (I have 5 of them) at 17, my medical degree at 22. I am a Rhodes Scholar. I once performed successful open heart surgery on a patient while blindfolded and undergoing a root canal. I can hold my breath for 3 days. I had sex with Halle Berry, Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock, Jennifer Aniston and Eva Mendes...all on the same night.

Barbie: "He's an adolescent! I know, because he said so...on the internet, and no one EVER lies on the internet."

ROTFLMAO!!!

“I Offer You Truth!”

Tampa, FL

#6117 Mar 1, 2013
Josiah Byall wrote:
So dapper Dave,
You probably think you are soo hilarious explaining the whole election process to me as if I'm an idiot. I'm dying laughing. I bet you probably will feel very proud of yourself to know I'm 14.
I thought people got over that before my age but I guess they don't; at least, not in your case. You do have a reasonable excuse for your lack of maturity if you are 11 or 12 and if that is the case I am sorry to bring up this topic.
I'm only 11.

You believe me, don't you? I said it on the internet; therefore I must be - like you - telling the truth.

Location hidden

#6118 Mar 1, 2013
Josiah Byall wrote:
I just wanted to see the other side of the argument...
Interesting commentary coming from a 14 year old. You appear to be wise beyond your years.

As you're probably aware, different people have different opinions, some of that is good, some is not so good. If all you hear or read is one side of an argument or discussion, you'll likely take that point of view. For example, do you think the citizens of North Korea think they're in the greatest country in the world? Probably, but what do they know?

Another example of such fallacy is "the rich don't pay their fair share" of taxes. In this country, about half the households don't pay any federal income tax, the top 10% of wage earners pay around 70% of all income taxes, but don't earn anywhere near 70% of the income. The top 1% of wage earners make around 17% of the income, but pay about 37% of the income taxes (if memory serves correct, these are 2009 numbers). Does that seem fair or logical?

There are many websites that show this kind of information, but you have to want to learn about it. Some (many) just choose to believe what they're told without trying to verify any of it. It’s much easier to rely on something you’re told, if you THINK it’s logical, rather than learning for yourself.

Also, when discussing taxes, many people have no idea how the tax system works. I won’t bore you with discussing our current tax system, but I can guarantee you most people don’t know how it works, how different types of income are taxed (capital gains vs. ordinary income) or the rationale for such. It’s easier to complain about it than learn about it. Hence, the clueless and uneducated comments.

Generally speaking, the Democrats are for larger government, higher taxes and people having more reliance upon the government. More reliance upon the government means more power for the government. Democrats seem to think we don’t have a federal government spending problem, even though the government is spending A LOT more than it brings in. It can’t continue, but it doesn’t seem to concern anyone.

Some people believe the Democrats are only “for” the poor. IMHO, that’s not a true statement. However, in order for the government to “obtain” more taxes as revenue, when poor people can’t afford to pay taxes, where is the tax revenue going to be obtained? Obviously, from the approximately 50% of the country that DOES pay federal income taxes. Do you recall the phrase "Spread the wealth"? Where does that wealth come from?

Generally speaking, the Republicans are for smaller government, lower taxes and people having more self-reliance, not relying upon the government for certain things. However, the Republicans have also had some spending issues in the past.

Some people believe the Republicans are only “for” the rich. IMHO, that’s not a true statement.

The above 4 paragraphs are general statements and not meant to be 100% accurate. Many will dispute the generalities, that is their right to do so. As long as someone does their homework and knows what they’re talking about, I enjoy the discussions, both “sides” can learn from each other.

However, many DON’T do their homework and don’t know what they’re talking about (some really don’t care that they don’t know, as long as they are being taken care of. I call them clueless and uneducated. The sad thing is, their vote counts the same as someone who knows what’s going on. Those that DON’T pay any income taxes have a vote that counts the same as someone who DOES pay income taxes.

You will have to make your own decisions, some will say the current President is doing a fine job. There are many sites that will disagree:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc ...

http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/01/3969-37 ...

Best of luck to you. Read, listen and research and you'll have a better idea of what to believe (and not). Make up your own mind.

Location hidden

#6119 Mar 1, 2013
Josiah Byall wrote:
I just wanted to see the other side of the argument. So far, the other side of the argument is not a very convincing argument and I haven't heard why Obama is apparently such a wonderful president. I have only heard reasons supporting otherwise.
You are to be commended for questioning the current occupier of the WH. obama has been caught in so many lies such as promising to balance the budget, lower health care cost, and transparency in government. Only fools rush in to believe obama after hearing all the lies he has told.

“Brain+voice box=speak my mind”

Since: Feb 13

Seek and you'll find

#6120 Mar 1, 2013
Obskeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
The presidents message is consistent though. Consistently lying. You would think that lying would be something that is beneath the presidency, especially petty and unnecessary lies, but the American people don't seem to be concerned with the character of our leadership nowadays.
True...but what president hasn't lied? Every one has lied whether it was in election campaign or in office. I say vote independent or libertarian. Fck the bipartisan crap that defines America. We all see where they have gotten us.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Tampa, FL

#6121 Mar 1, 2013
SoUnCool wrote:
<quoted text>
True...but what president hasn't lied? Every one has lied whether it was in election campaign or in office. I say vote independent or libertarian. Fck the bipartisan crap that defines America. We all see where they have gotten us.
Agreed!

Location hidden

#6122 Mar 1, 2013
SoUnCool wrote:
<quoted text>
To use the faults of someone else to justify the fault of a person you admire is neither a sound judgment nor a credible defense. It doesn't enhance that person's character in the eyes of others. Saying your friend lied and justifying it because Jessie Jackson, Jr, Al Sharpton, or Bill Clinton lied is a worthless defense of the person you are trying to imply is ethical enough to be awarded our trust and vote. Bless your little heart.
BS Is Called

Dallas, TX

#6123 Mar 1, 2013
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
Finally, you agree that Obama has lied.

“Yet another average white man.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6124 Mar 1, 2013
Does anyone really think we'd be better off with a 1-party system? I know they have a name for that....
Grobbbbbb

Seek and you'll find

#6125 Mar 1, 2013
lighteredknot wrote:
<quoted text>
To use the faults of someone else to justify the fault of a person you admire is neither a sound judgment nor a credible defense. It doesn't enhance that person's character in the eyes of others. Saying your friend lied and justifying it because Jessie Jackson, Jr, Al Sharpton, or Bill Clinton lied is a worthless defense of the person you are trying to imply is ethical enough to be awarded our trust and vote. Bless your little heart.
Dude you egregiously put words in my mouth...if you read closely...or have someone read it to you verbatim...you will see where I said vote libertarian...I admire who again? As far as saying every president has lied it wasn't justification if you can follow my post. clearly you have demonstrated you cannot do such simple tasks (so much for interest futures). And to again lift DD in this debate..."using al sharpton or Jessie Jackson really makes you look du,b every time an issue comes up" loosely excerpted and adapted to this post. Seriously...#GetALife

I'm starting to believe these are the only black people you know of...no blessings from me, but thanks for yours to me. I appreciate it.

Seek and you'll find

#6126 Mar 1, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
After state run healthcare, comes state run media.
Dude state run media has been around for at least a half century...FCC anyone?

Seek and you'll find

#6127 Mar 1, 2013
Grob Hahn wrote:
Does anyone really think we'd be better off with a 1-party system? I know they have a name for that....
Grobbbbbb
Play around with a viper, get bit. Voting libertarian or independent means just that. Will the other parties cease to exist within Americas infrastructure...? No...but now we have a third option that does not proportionately align with either particular principle we have become accustomed to.

“Yet another average white man.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6128 Mar 1, 2013
SoUnCool wrote:
<quoted text>
Play around with a viper, get bit. Voting libertarian or independent means just that. Will the other parties cease to exist within Americas infrastructure...? No...but now we have a third option that does not proportionately align with either particular principle we have become accustomed to.

Like it or not, the nation is still too conservative for the party of legalized heroin and legalized prostitution. I vote any way I want so I'm a professional turncoat to some, independent to others. Democrats and republicans have clearly carved the nation's people up and use them in their country club chess game. Backing either one full time turns a person into a fanatic of the worst kind. Even when the economy crashes we'll still have to deal with them, the elitist lords of our land. I'd have more respect if they brought back dueling.
Grobbbbbbbb

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tucker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Sheboon 19,565
Diaper Dave 11 hr Troll Tide 1
Stone Mountain Music Thread (Mar '14) 14 hr Musikologist 3
Fired Cop Details Sexcapades 16 hr abbie 7
Obama Best President Tue Hugo 17
Will do anything...desperate of $1000 cash now! (Apr '13) Tue good man 94
2nd Major Drug Seizure in 2 Days (Sep '07) Tue TruthBtold 11

Tucker News Video

Tucker Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Tucker People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE