Cops: Midtown victim partied before fall

There are 26 comments on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from May 12, 2010, titled Cops: Midtown victim partied before fall. In it, Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

The Florida man who plunged to his death from a Midtown apartment tower had been at a raucous party where there was cocaine and alcohol, according to the police report released Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jessica

Tallahassee, FL

#1 May 12, 2010
Zac Thornton was a beautiful, lovingly intense human being. He was a lot of things to a lot of people, and it is No Ones Place to pass judgement. He taught me a lot about love in my lifetime. There is lot to be said about him. I have had multiple dreams about him dying young since i met him, I think in 1998. He will always be loved, and never be forgotten. He is possibly one of the most beautiful people i have ever met....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#2 May 12, 2010
jessica, police say Zac found out he couldn't fly as well as he thought he could while under the infleunce of cocaine and booze. I bet he was sorry for his action right before he hit the floor. We all must pay for our actions when we play.

“I am listening.......”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#3 May 12, 2010
Party like there is no tomorrow.
Walkingstick

United States

#4 May 15, 2010
>>>>>>>Bl essings and Love to the Family and Friends of Zachary Thorton.

I did not know Zachary Thorton, and I never physically met him, but when I read an AJC article about what had happened at the 710 building in Midtown ATL, my attention was caught. I felt a deep sadness come into my heart shortly after my girlfriend found an AJC article about this on Twitter. Perhaps, this is because I see myself as being a lot like Zac. I too am a Being who is spiritual, artistic, peaceful, and loving person who feels connected with All my Relations, et cetera. Anyhow, I live in Decatur, GA, a neighborhood about 7 miles east of Midtown, Atlanta, and I occassionally take urban hikes around Atlanta, so I am very familiar with the area.

It's like Zachary was my Brother of something. I am still a bit confused about what happened, or why I am feeling what I am feeling. For some reason, I do not believe that he fell. I believe that there was foul play involved. Something just tells me that there is no way that he would, jump. Maybe he was looking at the largest skyscraper in Atlanta (Bank of America) from the window, perhaps sitting on the edgeand someone pushed him. I don't know. Why would someone who wants to make Earth a better place put friend and family through such pain. I don't believe that he jumped.

Anyhow, as I was driving home from work on Thursday, I passed the building and tears began to fall down my face, and chills ran across my arms. I asked myself, "Why am I feeling such sadness for someone that I know nothing about." My intuition tells me that it is because Zachary was a great Human Being who understood Love and who was spiritually connected.

Anyhow, I just want the family and friends to know that I went over to the site on Friday, walked around the entire buildning, and offered some sacred tobacco and prayers for Zachary.

I hope that Zachary has a safe journey. I know that he will be missed and I pray that the truth will come out.

We are all connected.

One Love & PEACE
WALKINGSTICK
As I see em

Waleska, GA

#5 May 17, 2010
Walkingstick wrote:
I did not know Zachary Thorton, and I never physically met him, but when I read an AJC article about what had happened at the 710 building in Midtown ATL, my attention was caught. I felt a deep sadness come into my heart shortly after my girlfriend found an AJC article about this on Twitter. Perhaps, this is because I see myself as being a lot like Zac. I too am a Being who is spiritual, artistic, peaceful, and loving person who feels connected with All my Relations, et cetera. Anyhow, I live in Decatur, GA, a neighborhood about 7 miles east of Midtown, Atlanta, and I occassionally take urban hikes around Atlanta, so I am very familiar with the area.
It's like Zachary was my Brother of something. I am still a bit confused about what happened, or why I am feeling what I am feeling. For some reason, I do not believe that he fell. I believe that there was foul play involved. Something just tells me that there is no way that he would, jump. Maybe he was looking at the largest skyscraper in Atlanta (Bank of America) from the window, perhaps sitting on the edgeand someone pushed him. I don't know. Why would someone who wants to make Earth a better place put friend and family through such pain. I don't believe that he jumped.
Anyhow, as I was driving home from work on Thursday, I passed the building and tears began to fall down my face, and chills ran across my arms. I asked myself, "Why am I feeling such sadness for someone that I know nothing about." My intuition tells me that it is because Zachary was a great Human Being who understood Love and who was spiritually connected.
Anyhow, I just want the family and friends to know that I went over to the site on Friday, walked around the entire buildning, and offered some sacred tobacco and prayers for Zachary.
I hope that Zachary has a safe journey. I know that he will be missed and I pray that the truth will come out.
We are all connected.
One Love & PEACE
WALKINGSTICK
Fruity. Very Fruity...
Ashley

Sarasota, FL

#6 May 22, 2010
I met Zac when we were sixteen.. Not only did I truly love him he was a great friend . Over the years we lost touch . I always thought I might would run into him again . He is very special to me and is someone I will never forget .
Brooke

Atlanta, GA

#7 Nov 21, 2013
Your intuition was correct. Zachary dead pushed to his death that night in midtown. Motives are unknown, but the murderer Jimmy Velez committed suicide on Tuesday November 19, 2013. Supposedly he left a note admitting to he crime that happened three and a half years ago. A lot of Zachary's friends had the same deep feeling that it was not a suicide at the time and that feeling only grew stronger as time went on. His Mother and I have kept in touch over the years and she has had many sessions with different channels and shamans who have all said the same exact thing. Zachary Thornton was pushed and left to die that night so close to Mother's Day. He continues to do his lightwork from behind the veil. He is one of the most powerful and beautiful people I have ever had the chance to know. Bless.
my eyes only

Lockport, KY

#8 Nov 23, 2013
Brooke wrote:
Your intuition was correct. Zachary dead pushed to his death that night in midtown. Motives are unknown, but the murderer Jimmy Velez committed suicide on Tuesday November 19, 2013. Supposedly he left a note admitting to he crime that happened three and a half years ago. A lot of Zachary's friends had the same deep feeling that it was not a suicide at the time and that feeling only grew stronger as time went on. His Mother and I have kept in touch over the years and she has had many sessions with different channels and shamans who have all said the same exact thing. Zachary Thornton was pushed and left to die that night so close to Mother's Day. He continues to do his lightwork from behind the veil. He is one of the most powerful and beautiful people I have ever had the chance to know. Bless.
. My heart goes out to Zachary's mother and family and to you Brooke, I know exactly what you are going through. Did either you or his mother try to prove that he did not commit suicide and that there was foul play involved. I feel the police are too quick to call these deaths suicides instead of taking time to investigate and there are more murderers going free in Atlanta than people realize. Go and read jumper on Peachtree st. March 9th 2013 and then you can see I understand and how close these 2 cases are and Garrett did not jump to his death either I have had sessions like you and his mother also.
jessica

Ocala, FL

#9 Nov 24, 2013
I just now read this....
but it touched me deeply.
it is true.
the truth is out - as it was already known.
the boy cane to Zacs life celebration/memorial on zacs mothers land. he came with hus heavh fearful heart, and his guilt and he attempted to find peave. he attempted to give zacs loved ones peace. he told the story of what he thought zac would have said about some phony transcendence...
ahhh
the truth comes out.
my heart hurts for the situation. for the murderers soul and family as well.
Walkingstick wrote:
We are all connected.
One Love & PEACE
WALKINGSTICK
Walkingstick

Decatur, GA

#10 Nov 25, 2013
I am speechless.

Peace and Blessings to Zachary's family and friends.

I also pray for the family and friends of the man that ended his own life just recently.

-Walkingstick
Rock

United States

#11 Dec 3, 2013
Brooke wrote:
Brooke I'm curious how you know about this note, and even more so what was said in it? To throw out the word "murderer" with out some concrete evidence is pretty harsh. I understand people hurt but no need to slander another without solid proof.
jessica

Tallahassee, FL

#12 Dec 3, 2013
Zacs mother recieved a phone call from the sister of said murderer. She told her directly of the handwritten suicide letter confessing to his actions that night with zac. Situationally its the only thing that would make since anyhow.
Rock

United States

#13 Dec 4, 2013
jessica wrote:
Zacs mother recieved a phone call from the sister of said murderer. She told her directly of the handwritten suicide letter confessing to his actions that night with zac. Situationally its the only thing that would make since anyhow.
Thing is Jimmy had no sister. I knew him and his family for over 10 years and there is no sister now or ever in the picture this I know of 100% FACT. It's all sad and unfortunate that two young people lost their lives, and anger and blame are all part of the grieving process. But facts should be checked before you speak so harshly of the dead. Jimmy was a lot of things but a merderer he was not.
Autumn

Stockbridge, GA

#14 Dec 4, 2013
Is there an full article on this I can read?
jessica

Orlando, FL

#15 Dec 4, 2013
Well then forgive me. My information must be wrong. Both situations are very unfortunate.

“Good to Go!!”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#16 Dec 22, 2013
Thin the herd
my eyes only

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Dec 22, 2013
To Lauren, your a freak and to Jessica you need to relay to the mother of the boy who was thought to be murdered she can always request a copy of the police report of Jimmys death and that will say if there was a note found with him. Sometimes people ate not cold blooded killers but accidents happen and people ate afraid to come forward. Just a theory.
Zachs Blood

Tampa, FL

#18 Jan 8, 2014
This is difficult for me to write. For several years we have lived with this loss but it doesn't get any easier to wrap our minds around. There have been many rumors circulating amongst the kids associated with the land co-op in/near Atlanta and Jimmy's involvement in Zach's death. We hear from people with supposed firsthand knowledge yet NO ONE would go to the cops and tell what they knew. NO ONE who supposedly loved and admired Zach came forward with even a shred of evidence. They called Zach's mom non-stop with rumors and bits of info the cops could have used to arrest those involved, JImmy Velez, and the one still alive- JOEY MION. They call just when she started to cope and stir the pot again. Do any of you understand how much harder it makes it for her that you call incessantly yet NEVER went to the cops with this supposed 'breakthrough info'? Stories of JOEY MION claiming to have Zach's energy by killing him and his getting Zach's talisman bag yanked from his neck at a festival, stories of confession letters, stories of confessions to other people, stories of Jimmy being the one who injected the kid who OD'd with a hot dose and killed him...so many stories yet none of you fucking coward did Zach's memory or legacy any justice by staying quiet. The kid Jimmy killed with an OD is on YOUR hands.
Jimmy and JOEY MION had the nerve to show up at Zach's wake gathering and pretend to mourn our loss. We sat face to face with those two scumbags and grilled them as they lied in our faces. That's right, JOEY MION, you remember that night. I told you then I wasn't buying that bullshit story. You killed a member of our family, you and that dead piece of shit Velez. Jimmy's mom getting killed was karmic vengeance, and a similarly horrific fate shall hopefully befall you. How dare you come into our home, our sanctuary, with your lies and Zach's blood on your hands. Fuck you for that.
I spoke right after Jimmy's suicide to the Atlanta PD and there was no note at the scene, but the Atlanta co-op kids claim he sent notes and apologies to people he felt needed to know certain facts. They are protecting him even in death by refusing to come forward. They are fucking cowards. The note(s) claim responsibility for Zach's and the OD kid's deaths. I do not doubt the letters' existence but the Atlanta PD told me they can do NOTHING unless YOU come forward. I ask you, in Zach's memory, to come forward with what you know.
Zach was a being of light. I mean that in more than some hokey, hippy dippy way. He was pure positivity and everyone he met was touched by it. It's just too bad you kids he knew in ATL are too fucked up chasing geometric realities wasted on DMT to understand how his family suffers in your silence. I'm not doubting the power of the Light, I'm separating your quest for divine reality from the cold, hard fact that Jimmy and JOEY MION threw him from a penthouse to his death and NONE of you did or said anything about it to the people who could have done something about it. That displays a profound disconnect between the love you profess for him and the facts of the matter.
From this point on, STOP calling Zach's mom unless you plan to go on record with ATL PD with something concrete. We cannot heal in this atmosphere of swirling and constant rumor without someone coming forward. Jimmy's death rids the universe of negative energy yet I would prefer he sat in prison to pay his eternal debt. JOEY MION can still pay the price if YOU have the fortitude to do the right thing.
I have words for JOEY MION: Fate is a fickle mistress and she spares none his due.
Get this

Whittier, CA

#19 Jan 8, 2014
lighteredknot wrote:
jessica, police say Zac found out he couldn't fly as well as he thought he could while under the infleunce of cocaine and booze. I bet he was sorry for his action right before he hit the floor. We all must pay for our actions when we play.
It's the old pizz bucket spewing crap. What a wretched piece of racist garbage

Unfeeling monster.
jessica

Groveland, FL

#20 Jan 8, 2014
Zachs Blood wrote:
This is difficult for me to write. For several years we have lived with this loss but it doesn't get any easier to wrap our minds around. There have been many rumors circulating amongst the kids associated with the land co-op in/near Atlanta and Jimmy's involvement in Zach's death. We hear from people with supposed firsthand knowledge yet NO ONE would go to the cops and tell what they knew. NO ONE who supposedly loved and admired Zach came forward with even a shred of evidence. They called Zach's mom non-stop with rumors and bits of info the cops could have used to arrest those involved, JImmy Velez, and the one still alive- JOEY MION. They call just when she started to cope and stir the pot again. Do any of you understand how much harder it makes it for her that you call incessantly yet NEVER went to the cops with this supposed 'breakthrough info'? Stories of JOEY MION claiming to have Zach's energy by killing him and his getting Zach's talisman bag yanked from his neck at a festival, stories of confession letters, stories of confessions to other people, stories of Jimmy being the one who injected the kid who OD'd with a hot dose and killed him...so many stories yet none of you fucking coward did Zach's memory or legacy any justice by staying quiet. The kid Jimmy killed with an OD is on YOUR hands.
Jimmy and JOEY MION had the nerve to show up at Zach's wake gathering and pretend to mourn our loss. We sat face to face with those two scumbags and grilled them as they lied in our faces. That's right, JOEY MION, you remember that night. I told you then I wasn't buying that bullshit story. You killed a member of our family, you and that dead piece of shit Velez. Jimmy's mom getting killed was karmic vengeance, and a similarly horrific fate shall hopefully befall you. How dare you come into our home, our sanctuary, with your lies and Zach's blood on your hands. Fuck you for that.
I spoke right after Jimmy's suicide to the Atlanta PD and there was no note at the scene, but the Atlanta co-op kids claim he sent notes and apologies to people he felt needed to know certain facts. They are protecting him even in death by refusing to come forward. They are fucking cowards. The note(s) claim responsibility for Zach's and the OD kid's deaths. I do not doubt the letters' existence but the Atlanta PD told me they can do NOTHING unless YOU come forward. I ask you, in Zach's memory, to come forward with what you know.
Zach was a being of light. I mean that in more than some hokey, hippy dippy way. He was pure positivity and everyone he met was touched by it. It's just too bad you kids he knew in ATL are too fucked up chasing geometric realities wasted on DMT to understand how his family suffers in your silence. I'm not doubting the power of the Light, I'm separating your quest for divine reality from the cold, hard fact that Jimmy and JOEY MION threw him from a penthouse to his death and NONE of you did or said anything about it to the people who could have done something about it. That displays a profound disconnect between the love you profess for him and the facts of the matter.
From this point on, STOP calling Zach's mom unless you plan to go on record with ATL PD with something concrete. We cannot heal in this atmosphere of swirling and constant rumor without someone coming forward. Jimmy's death rids the universe of negative energy yet I would prefer he sat in prison to pay his eternal debt. JOEY MION can still pay the price if YOU have the fortitude to do the right thing.
I have words for JOEY MION: Fate is a fickle mistress and she spares none his due.
Thank you gor stating this, all of this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tucker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Sexy Rich White women, leaving White M... (Jan '12) 51 min dewayne 504
Question: How much longer is Donna Pitman... 3 hr Charles 4
Will do anything...desperate of $1000 cash now! (Apr '13) 5 hr abhiraj 114
News Weekend Arts Agenda: 'Ship of Fools' sails into... 9 hr naveenkarolla 1
Fitness Center? 13 hr New for the summer 1
snitch!!!! 16 hr Local joker 8
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 21 hr The Rev 19,921
More from around the web

Tucker People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]