Deputies shoot, kill hammer-wielding woman

Dec 17, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A woman was shot and killed by law enforcement in Bartow County Thursday night after she attacked a deputy with a hammer, authorities said.

Comments
2,361 - 2,377 of 2,377 Comments Last updated Apr 23, 2014
First Prev
of 119
Next Last
mrsgsp

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

Judged:

Donttrustcops wrote:
<quoted text>
You say they should clean house and start from the ground up as ling as it's dekalb and apd. But suggest that here and all of a sudden it's no way.
A few cops at dekalb and apd mess up so you say get rid of all of them. Your words. So why not do that here, too?
If it were only a few in dekalb or A.P.D. I would not suggest it, however there are so many more than the ones that make the media. There are lawsuits everyday, write ups, cover ups, etc that the general public doesn't ever hear about. Put it this way, I would not feel comfortable working with either of those agencies. I am not alone in feeling that way either. I know alot of the deputies here in Bartow and Paulding ,and short of a few I have no issues with working with either agency. I understand that you can have a jadded outlook from personal experiences, media reports, etc but there are still alot of L.E.O. here that you could put your faith in and they wouldn't let you down.
Donttrustcops

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

Judged:

mrsgsp wrote:
<quoted text>
If it were only a few in dekalb or A.P.D. I would not suggest it, however there are so many more than the ones that make the media. There are lawsuits everyday, write ups, cover ups, etc that the general public doesn't ever hear about. Put it this way, I would not feel comfortable working with either of those agencies. I am not alone in feeling that way either. I know alot of the deputies here in Bartow and Paulding ,and short of a few I have no issues with working with either agency. I understand that you can have a jadded outlook from personal experiences, media reports, etc but there are still alot of L.E.O. here that you could put your faith in and they wouldn't let you down.
A FEW in Bartow County??? WTF are you saying, a FEW?? I realize you have to minimized any wrongdoing here in Bartow County, but give me a freaking break, there are a lot more than a FEW bad ones here.

I have the same "JADED" outlook at Dekalb and Fulton that I do here in Bartow. As for personal experience, you can run my name on any NCIC, GCIC, and you will find I have never been arrested. Ever. So I do not know what personal experience you are refering to.

Keep playing down any crooked cops here in Bartow. You don't have any other choice. But I know it's a crock of sh..
mrsgsp

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

Judged:

Donttrustcops wrote:
<quoted text>
A FEW in Bartow County??? WTF are you saying, a FEW?? I realize you have to minimized any wrongdoing here in Bartow County, but give me a freaking break, there are a lot more than a FEW bad ones here.
I have the same "JADED" outlook at Dekalb and Fulton that I do here in Bartow. As for personal experience, you can run my name on any NCIC, GCIC, and you will find I have never been arrested. Ever. So I do not know what personal experience you are refering to.
Keep playing down any crooked cops here in Bartow. You don't have any other choice. But I know it's a crock of sh..
No need to be defensive, when I said personal experinces I wasn't meaning you were some criminal. We all have ran across an officer at one time or another. I'm not downplaying the bad ones here just saying there are more good than bad, and when I say a few I don't mean three. Just a word I use often to describe more than one.I don't think we are going to agree on this, I was only responding to your post for me. So let's agree to disagree.
Cmon man

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2012

Judged:

People dont tend to turn themselves in unless they are charged with something first there smart guy. Nothing honorable in what he did, but it was the right choice. Keep looking for the negative around here, God knows you have shit else to do in your life besides rip on people who put theirs on the line for you.
Donttrustcops wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't give me that bs about how he did the honorable thing and turned himself in. He didn't turn himself in until AFTER he had a handful of arrest warrants. So keep on giving the dirtbag excuses. Typical LEI
Observant Citizen

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Hollie Gooch....remember her? I do...Didn't KNOW her, but I remember how she lost her life.... HOLLIE GOOCH...she has a name...HOLLIE GOOCH....somebody's daughter/mother. HOLLIE GOOCH...HOLLIE GOOCH....
No dummy

Adairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Observant Citizen wrote:
Hollie Gooch....remember her? I do...Didn't KNOW her, but I remember how she lost her life.... HOLLIE GOOCH...she has a name...HOLLIE GOOCH....somebody's daughter/mother. HOLLIE GOOCH...HOLLIE GOOCH....
It was Holly, not Hollie. I did know her and her family.

Since: Jul 12

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Excuse me Observant but her official name has been changed to Hammer Woman. If you want to make it formal you may say Ms. Hammer Woman.
Peaches

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

No dummy wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Holly, not Hollie. I did know her and her family.
You are WRONG.. It was not HOLLY.. It is Holli...Believe me I printed her paychecks
Wise Owl

Vidalia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Wise Owl say do not bring a hammer to a gunfight. Hoot! Hoot!
Melissa

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Peaches wrote:
<quoted text>
You are WRONG.. It was not HOLLY.. It is Holli...Believe me I printed her paychecks
Tell someone that gives a shit.
hammer woman 2

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

They shot me FIVE TIMES. FIVE TIMES.

Gimme dat hammer.....*whack whack whack*
Peaches

Gastonia, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

Melissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell someone that gives a shit.
Sounds like I did.. or you would not have wasted your time giving me your opinion...Bless your heart ;)
BCSO Thugs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Owl 1234 wrote:
Could this and stories like it become required reading at the jail? Maybe even in high school. It's pretty simple to avoid being shot by the police.
sheriff’s office maintained defective customs and policies under which said Defendant officers were led to believe that they were permitted to enter a home in search of a suspect or evidence without a warrant and without regard for the requirements of the Fourth Amendment.
Said defective customs and policies were the moving force behind the violation
of Holli Gooch’s Fourth Amendment rights by officers who believed that they were empowered by Sheriff Millsap to enter her home without a warrant irrespective of the requirements of the Fourth Amendment, because they knew that they would not be disciplined if they entered the home without a warrant.
Upon information and belief, Sheriff Millsap did not discipline or retrain any of
the individual Defendant officers who flagrantly violated Holli Gooch’s Fourth Amendment rights because the sheriff condoned said unconstitutional behavior since it was consistent with his policy.
As the policy maker for the Bartow County sheriff’s office, Sheriff Millsap
was deliberately indifferent to the Fourth Amendment rights of Holli Gooch and other citizens of Bartow County when he implemented or condoned the customs and
bright side

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2013

Judged:

But on the bright side, Holli has been clean and sober since that night.
BCSO Thugs wrote:
<quoted text>
sheriff’s office maintained defective customs and policies under which said Defendant officers were led to believe that they were permitted to enter a home in search of a suspect or evidence without a warrant and without regard for the requirements of the Fourth Amendment.
Said defective customs and policies were the moving force behind the violation
of Holli Gooch’s Fourth Amendment rights by officers who believed that they were empowered by Sheriff Millsap to enter her home without a warrant irrespective of the requirements of the Fourth Amendment, because they knew that they would not be disciplined if they entered the home without a warrant.
Upon information and belief, Sheriff Millsap did not discipline or retrain any of
the individual Defendant officers who flagrantly violated Holli Gooch’s Fourth Amendment rights because the sheriff condoned said unconstitutional behavior since it was consistent with his policy.
As the policy maker for the Bartow County sheriff’s office, Sheriff Millsap
was deliberately indifferent to the Fourth Amendment rights of Holli Gooch and other citizens of Bartow County when he implemented or condoned the customs and
BCSO

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

bright side wrote:
But on the bright side, Holli has been clean and sober since that night.
<quoted text>
She was not murdered for her private life. Whatever that private life may have been you as well deserved the same rights to privacy protected under the 4th amendment.

But to your point some of those officers involved in her murders has not been clean from that night forward.
Do you need some examples?
BCSO Thugs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2013

BCSO wrote:
<quoted text>
She was not murdered for her private life. Whatever that private life may have been you as well deserved the same rights to privacy protected under the 4th amendment.
But to your point some of those officers involved in her murders has not been clean from that night forward.
Do you need some examples?
http://www.coveritlive.com/index2.php...

http://www.scotward.com/memsol.cgi...

http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-clai...
Grand jury

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

BCSO Thugs wrote:
Ms. Greene should also hold a special grand jury in this matter as it still with in the statute of limitations

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 119
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tucker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 2 hr ChicknButt 52,386
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Chuck 18,763
Zoning Map Replete with Errors (Jul '13) 8 hr Hal 8
How to deal with racism.... (Feb '12) 12 hr JB Culpepper XVI 682
ISIS Extremists Get Their Hands on Uranium 14 hr Tawab Malekzad 1
mayoral election 16 hr Chamblee neighbor 31
removal of silicone from body 16 hr HurtingheartandBody 273

Search the Tucker Forum:
•••

Tucker News Video

•••
Tucker Dating

more search filters