Man accused of fatally shooting 22-ye...

Man accused of fatally shooting 22-year-old who drove into wrong driveway

There are 64 comments on the WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg story from Jan 30, 2013, titled Man accused of fatally shooting 22-year-old who drove into wrong driveway. In it, WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg reports that:

LILBURN, Ga. - A 69-year-old suburban Atlanta man faces a murder charge after authorities say he shot and killed a 22-year-old man who had mistakenly driven into his driveway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTSP-TV Saint Petersburg.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
John

Denton, TX

#1 Jan 30, 2013
Will he be suing the victim's GPS provider for bad directions?
Kay

Columbus, IN

#2 Jan 30, 2013
There's got to be more to this story. The neighborhood must have had previous home invasions for the man to be suspicious of someone pulling in his driveway. Did they just set there in the dark checking the GPS or watching the house? I'm not buying the GPS picking up a friend story I bet they were in the area for exactly what the man thought they were there for. I hope he gets a great lawyer. Sorry the young man lost his life.

au contraire

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 30, 2013
The Choice is not a choice, but a commitment to America.

These Men Supported Your Right to Bear Arms
Washington
Jefferson
Madison
Hamilton
Franklin

These Men Opposed It.
Hitler
Castro
Stalin
Lenin
Obama

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 Jan 30, 2013
After looking at the location, I'd be damned suspicious of anyone pulling into the driveway after dark.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/29/georgia...

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#5 Jan 30, 2013
Kay wrote:
There's got to be more to this story. The neighborhood must have had previous home invasions for the man to be suspicious of someone pulling in his driveway. Did they just set there in the dark checking the GPS or watching the house? I'm not buying the GPS picking up a friend story I bet they were in the area for exactly what the man thought they were there for. I hope he gets a great lawyer. Sorry the young man lost his life.
or perhaps he thought like most of you , my castle

can shoot anyone

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#6 Jan 30, 2013
must be hard to get a pizza delivery ..
Donkey Estonkey

Hampton, VA

#7 Jan 30, 2013
Geezer kills guy in drive way. If it were your or my kid, we'd go crazy!

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#8 Jan 30, 2013
love this part....

An arrest warrant states that Rodrigo Abad Diaz of Duluth, Ga., was fatally shot in the head Saturday as he tried to drive away from Phillip Sailors' home in Lilburn, northeast of Atlanta.

Michael Puglise, tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that he was home with his wife late at night, and assumed the young man arrived to commit a home invasion. Puglise says Sailors was defending his home and maintains his innocence.

home invasions always take place in reverse

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9 Jan 30, 2013
Thank God, that man's right to keep and bear arms, was not infringed....er,..what?.....

Location hidden

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Bama Yankee wrote:
After looking at the location, I'd be damned suspicious of anyone pulling into the driveway after dark.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/29/georgia...
...Bullsh*t....you're no smarter than the old man.....

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#11 Jan 30, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...Bullsh*t....you're no smarter than the old man.....
Still, that makes me smarter than you.
DonkeyEstonkey

Hampton, VA

#12 Jan 30, 2013
au contraire wrote:
The Choice is not a choice, but a commitment to America.
These Men Supported Your Right to Bear Arms
Washington
Jefferson
Madison
Hamilton
Franklin
These Men Opposed It.
Hitler
Castro
Stalin
Lenin
Obama
Don't really blame you for thinking we're all stupid out here in TOPIX-Land. We sure write like we are.
And you are one of us, totally...
Jury Out

Johnson City, TN

#13 Jan 30, 2013
The odd thing is the girlfriend whose home they were trying to find wasn't at home at that time.(according to a news source.) Also, if it was his girlfriend why did he need GPS to find the residence?

If the youths were completely innocent the guy should be charged. If they were casing the place (it takes real detectives to arrive at that) then the boys should be charged.

I lived in a home about 100 ft off the road and the driveway was wooded. It seemed about once a week someone would drive it (during the weekday usually)and claim to be lost. This was long before GPS and at least half were up to something in my opinion.

“Chump has no chance....”

Since: Jun 08

..since he won't STFU.....

#14 Jan 30, 2013
...i told you kids to stay outta my yard!!!!.....
Thomas

Sacramento, CA

#15 Jan 30, 2013
Why did he assume the man was going to commit a home invasion?? The assailant was not threatened or confronted, according to the story. This is similar to the Japanese exchange student shot and killed in Louisiana. Knowing Georgia, he'll be acquitted.

Location hidden

#16 Jan 31, 2013
There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE, AT ALL.....

au contraire

Location hidden

#17 Jan 31, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Thank God, that man's right to keep and bear arms, was not infringed....er,..what?.....
That's exactly what the lady that shot the intruder said while protecting her children.

au contraire

Location hidden

#18 Jan 31, 2013
Thomas wrote:
Why did he assume the man was going to commit a home invasion?? The assailant was not threatened or confronted, according to the story. This is similar to the Japanese exchange student shot and killed in Louisiana. Knowing Georgia, he'll be acquitted.
There has to be more to this story.

au contraire

Location hidden

#19 Jan 31, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
There is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE, AT ALL.....
True, so why did you vote for Obama.

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#20 Jan 31, 2013
au contraire wrote:
<quoted text>True, so why did you vote for Obama.
Insider information?

It's a secret ballot, or haven't you heard?

Cul muet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tucker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 56 min Don Barros Serrano 2,115
Is there a free abortion clinic in Atlanta or s... (Feb '11) 4 hr Shasty mcnasty 207
Karen Minton (Oct '15) 12 hr Gunther 15
i'm di$g$ted with parkside management! (Nov '14) 12 hr Raymond 5
News Police: Woman shot after robbery attempt in Len... 15 hr JJACK5 1
Father son/daughter incest (Feb '12) 23 hr Ronnie 13
Stupid Cop Department Jun 28 NewsMax 1

Tucker Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tucker Mortgages