Comments
21 - 40 of 57 Comments Last updated May 16, 2012
J.P.

Athens, GA

#22 Oct 20, 2010
Kira is a mother of two and a 17-year educator. She is that rare being that has seen the education system from both sides of the line. She has excellent ideas to reduce waste and spending while increasing choice and enhancing curriculum, and she's not afraid of the unions. Vote Libertarian
aaron

Smyrna, GA

#23 Oct 21, 2010
Kira is awesome.
Susan G.

Cincinnati, OH

#24 Oct 21, 2010
No brainer.
Don

Westfield, IN

#25 Oct 21, 2010
I am in favor of her idea to restore more local contol to the schools and the teachers. Also am in favor of making it easier to remove underperforming teachers.
John Di Pietro

Statesboro, GA

#26 Oct 22, 2010
I know her.
Jeff Lyon

Atlanta, GA

#27 Oct 22, 2010
Watched the debate. Willis is the best.
pt barnum

Atlanta, GA

#28 Oct 22, 2010
Because Willis is a teacher and a parent, she can see it all from all sides. Think before you vote, folks. The Republicans have had Cox who cut and run to Washington when her math curriculum didn't fly and Shrenko who is presently serving time in PRISON for embezzling money from the DOE. How about someone who wants to get rid of the status quo?
Ashamed

Dalton, GA

#29 Oct 23, 2010
Teacher wrote:
I support Dr. John Barge. He has the experience and common sense approach that GA needs. He has high moral and ethical standards and understands GA's strengths and weaknesses.
Really? Barge wants to stop accepting Federal Funding. If that happens then we would have to look at shutting down the school system. The local tax payers would have to pay increased taxes and there would be a huge pay cut for teachers,
Independent and Proud

Carrollton, GA

#30 Oct 23, 2010
Huh wrote:
Joe Martin made 4 dollars off each student who was in a school system which joined the consortium's lawsuit to redo the funding formula. check it out on the internet. This is 100% factual. the man just does not need to be the leader of a school system. Time for him to enjoy his retirement and stop making money off kids.
Martin headed an effort by many local school systems in the state that believed the state was not living up to its constitutional obligation to adequately fund education in Georgia. The students from poor school systems were getting short-changed by the state and the state was cutting the amount of money that all school systems should receive under the funding formula. The Republican legislature and governor were continually passing on exemptions to big business and special interest. The state collects $8 Billion in sales taxes and exempts $10 Billion. Special interests are in the pockets of the legislature and governor. The lawsuit was scheduled to be heard and the first judge died. Then Perdue put his judge in a position to hear the case and the suit was dropped. Students all across Georgia continue to be short-changed by the state while big business and special interests continue to to get tax exemptions that could have been used to keep students in school, keep class sizes down and state workers and teachers would not have been furloughed. Martin knows funding. The problem is not the current formula to fund education; the problem is that the state will not fund it.
Marion

Madison, WI

#31 Oct 24, 2010
A vote for Willis is probably a vote for Barge. It will take a great effort to elect Willis.
Dan

United States

#32 Oct 24, 2010
I have known Kira for over 30 years. Her intellect and integrity are beyond reproach.
Teachers for Barge

Calhoun, GA

#33 Oct 25, 2010
Ashamed wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Barge wants to stop accepting Federal Funding. If that happens then we would have to look at shutting down the school system. The local tax payers would have to pay increased taxes and there would be a huge pay cut for teachers,
I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. Dr. Barge does not support cutting out federal funding. Get your facts straight.
A Choice

Atlanta, GA

#34 Oct 26, 2010
Teachers for Barge wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure where you are getting your information from. Dr. Barge does not support cutting out federal funding. Get your facts straight.
No, in faact, he has now openly embraced Race to the Top. He also flipped on school choice and vouchers. Why should anyone trust him when he folds like a cheap suit after the primaries?The only one who has stuck to her guns is Willis. If you want true honesty and integrity and someone you can trust to follow her promises, you need to vote Willis.
Look at the past two republicans: Shrenko, who is serving time in prison, and Cox, who cut and run after her math debacle became an issue.
another teacher

Douglasville, GA

#35 Oct 26, 2010
Barge has spoken out against the new math curriculum-bless him! He gets my vote-
anthem

Cumming, GA

#36 Oct 26, 2010
I admire Libertarians for their tenacity, but it is an undeniable fact, as certain as the sun shall rise, that NO Libertarian will come even close to winning any statewide office in Georgia in 2010. That's not an indictment of Libertarians, it's just a fact, which no one, not even Libertarians can disagree.

The very Liberal Joe Martin must be defeated. He is a dangerous man whose only goal in life is to be elected to something. For some reason, he has chosen this race. We've got Obama-style Liberalism on the run this year (and Martin is very much an Obama lefty) and it would be tragedy if he somehow won this race. The only way to be sure he does not is to vote for Barge.
1204tin

Knoxville, TN

#37 Oct 26, 2010
Hi, Excuse me for butting in..your topic are about the latest news I can find on Unadilla..if anyone knows of a local paper (The Observer seems to be doorment ) or links that would lead me to the local news ..I would appricate it..Thanks for any considaration of my request ..
Throwing soft cheeses

Buford, GA

#38 Oct 26, 2010
Barge
XXXX

Dalton, GA

#40 Nov 3, 2010
nobody
corruptionwatch

United States

#41 Nov 22, 2010
Re: Judicial Corruption
Tomorrow from 5 to 6 pm Eastern Time, Bill Windsor will be interviewed on Katherine Albrecht’s nationally-syndicated radio program. Go to www.katherinealbrecht.com , and click on “Radio Show.” Click to download a little app to enable you to hear it online. This is the first national coverage that this story has gotten other than online. With an hour, there should be a good opportunity to educate people and explain the types of things that these judges do. Please tune in.

I would like to ask each of you to email the information about this show and a link to www.LawlessAmerica.com to all of your friends, neighbors, and relatives. I believe the only way we will get this story covered nationally as it should be is by getting a grassroots effort going.
listen

United States

#42 Nov 25, 2010
I just cant make up my mind!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tucker Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Getting along 5 hr Wonder 1
Organized Gang Stalking What You Need To Know (Sep '10) 6 hr OS Chennai 109
What a great race 8 hr Sports Guy 1
nascar update 9 hr Dale Senior 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr see the light 18,888
Dogs EATING corpses of Ebola victims 13 hr owl 20
A Christian Empire 15 hr God 2
•••

Tucker News Video

•••
Tucker Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Tucker Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000