The Mosquito is still on the rise
Posted in the Tuckahoe Forum
#1 Aug 21, 2013
Summer's swan song brings the end of outdoor parties, the beginning of tailgaating season and, the desire to maximize the last of the optimal al fresco party weather.
Unfortunately, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC)’s July 30 report, incidents of West Nile are on the rise. 35 states and the District of Columbia are reporting West Nile virus infections in people, birds, or mosquitoes. A total of 53 cases of West Nile virus disease in people, including three deaths, have been reported to CDC. West Nile is spread only via the bite of an infected mosquito.
But, according to local West Nile and mosquito experts at Mosquito Squad, there are five things people can do in their outdoor spaces to protect themselves from mosquitoes and West Nile and extend summer soirees so people can focus on fun, not bites.
Please let me know if we can arrange for an interview with our local expert who can describe and demonstrate what people need to do in their outdoor spaces.
What do you think?
MOSQUITO CONTROL TIPS
1. TIP. Reduce standing water to eliminate mosquito threats, including those in children’s sandboxes, wagons or plastic toys; underneath and around downspouts, in plant saucers and dog bowls. Other hot spots include tarps, gutters, and flat roofs.
2. TOSS. Remove excess grass, leaves, firewood and clippings from yards.
3. TURN. Turn over larger yard items that could hold water like children’s portable sandboxes or plastic toys.
4. REMOVE TARPS. If tarps stretched over firewood piles, boats or sports equipment and grills aren’t taut, they’re holding water.
5. TREAT. Utilize a mosquito elimination barrier treatment around the home and yard. Using a barrier treatment at home reduces the need for using DEET-containing bug spray on the body. Mosquito Squad’s treatments eliminate up to 90% of the mosquitoes and ticks on a property.
Add your comments below
|Abortion is Wrong||Apr 18||Cry for help||1|
|Tuckahoe American Little League Wins Virginia S... (Jul '13)||Jul '13||Brian C||1|
|Eric Cantor (Jan '12)||Jan '12||seagate||1|
|Who is "crazy indian"? (Aug '11)||Oct '11||YHBT||10|
|Richmond, Va food allergy support group meeting (Jul '11)||Jul '11||susan greenburg||1|
|Two Teens Dead In Fatal Joy Ride (Feb '06)||Mar '11||Jurassic0Al||140|
|Who do you support for Member House of Represen... (Oct '10)||Oct '10||Cato||1|
Find what you want!
Search Tuckahoe Forum Now
Copyright © 2018 Topix LLC