County OKs 2 big developments in Tubac

County OKs 2 big developments in Tubac

There are 7 comments on the The Arizona Daily Star story from Dec 13, 2007, titled County OKs 2 big developments in Tubac. In it, The Arizona Daily Star reports that:

“What are they calling affordable?”

Facts about Las Mesas and Sopori Ranch: - WATER: Sopori developers say their groundwater pumping will lower the water table by 38 feet at most. via The Arizona Daily Star

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Arizona Daily Star.

Since: Oct 07

Tucson, AZ

#1 Dec 13, 2007
I HIGHLY SUGGEST THAT ANYONE AND EVERYONE WHO LIVES IN THIS AREA OR OWNES PROPERTY HERE – READ UP AND GET READY TO FIGHT!! THIS IS A BIG DEAL!!!

“If the projects win rezoning, Las Mesas and Sopori Ranch could bring more than 20,000 newcomers to an area estimated at 900 people in the 2000 census. Today it has about 1,500.” By Tony Davis
Arizona Daily Star
PLEASE READ ANY ARTICLES AND EDUCATE YOURSELF AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. REMEMBER THESE JOBS THEY TALK ABOUT, ARE NOT FOR THE LOCATES NOR SURRONDING TOWNS – PEOPLE WILL BE COMING FROM TUCSON, PHENIX, AND CAILFORNIA. WHY YOU ASK? BECAUSE WE DON’T HAVE MORE THAN 10 PEOPLE HERE THAT ARE UNEMPLOYED AND JUST NORTH IS A RETIERMENT COMMENITY.
Stephen Alish-TaSen

Tempe, AZ

#2 Dec 19, 2007
As you know from your attendance at the meeting in Nogales re: the Sopori ranch and Las Mesas project, the community in attendance overwhelmingly opposed the projects yet the pro-developers Supervisor Bobby Damon and Board Chairman Manny Ruiz voted for the amendment to the Comprehensive Plan and the with the aforesaid supervisors voted 2-1 to amend the county's Comprehensive Land Use Plan....

I have been researching the project and have found it very interesting that the principles are never referred to by name and there appears to be invisible spokespersons for the project.

I can't help but wonder if a conflict of interest may exist between Mr. Ruiz and comrade who supported the proposals. In other words, are they financially involved or have financial interests in Sopori Ranch, Las Mesas, First United Realty, subcontractors or are one of the 12,500 investors?

L11589304SOPORI 12,500 INVESTORS, LLC

Arizona Corporation Commission
12/19/2007 State of Arizona Public Access System 1:10 PM
Jump To... Scanned Documents Microfilm
Corporate Inquiry
File Number: L-1158930-4
Corp. Name: SOPORI 12,500 INVESTORS, LLC
Domestic Address 5555 E VAN BUREN #210
PHOENIX, AZ 85008

Statutory Agent Information Agent Name: RICHARD D SCHUST

Agent Mailing/Physical Address:
5555 E VAN BUREN #210
PHOENIX, AZ 85008

Agent Status: APPOINTED 10/19/2004
Agent Last Updated: 12/01/2004

Additional Corporate Information Corporation Type: DOMESTIC L.L.C. Business Type:
Incorporation Date: 10/19/2004 Corporate Life Period: PERPETUAL
Domicile: ARIZONA County: MARICOPA
Approval Date: 10/19/2004 Original Publish Date: 12/08/2004

Member Information

RICHARD D SCHUST
MANAGER
5555 E VAN BUREN #210
PHOENIX,AZ 85008
Date of Taking Office: 10/19/2004
Last Updated: 12/01/2004

RICHARD D SCHUST
5555 E VAN BUREN #210
PHOENIX,AZ 85008
Date of Taking Office: 10/19/2004
Last Updated: 12/01/2004

Scanned Documents
(Click on gray button to view document)
Document Number Description Date Received
ARTICLES OF ORGANIZATION 10/19/2004
PUB OF ARTICLES OF ORGANIZATION 12/08/2004

Microfilm Location Date Received Description
31830002875 10/19/2004 ARTICLES OF ORGANIZATION
31837001546 12/08/2004 PUB OF ARTICLES OF ORGANIZATION
sheila

Chaska, MN

#3 Dec 22, 2007
This could be the beginning of the end for beautiful, formerly very spiritual Tubac. I wish you well in your fight. I hope you have thousands at your meetings supporting the banning of this develpoment. It is my take that Phoenix is being developed to death and they are looking to Tubac to continue the destruction of this fragile desert. I notice that many of the " principles" live in the Phoenix area. Sadly it is my belief that the beginning of the end for Tubac started long ago when Brashler realty began building ( over-building in my opinion) Tubac in the form of those ugly condos at the rim of the freeway. The " Pandora's Box" was opened ever so slightly then, and the demons got out. I will hope for your success.
Environmental Nightmare

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Aug 28, 2008
First United is contributing to the pollution of the Santa Cruz River by allowing 1,000 plus cars to drive through the River at Palo Parado. So if that's how they care about the environment, then NO on Sopori!
Mike

United States

#5 Aug 31, 2008
Environmental Nightmare wrote:
First United is contributing to the pollution of the Santa Cruz River by allowing 1,000 plus cars to drive through the River at Palo Parado. So if that's how they care about the environment, then NO on Sopori!
The 14,000 people who live East of the river and require Palo Parado for their saftey and livelihoods might take issue with you about their pollution of the effluent from the sewage treatment plant without which the river would be as dry as it is in Tucson. Both the Palo Parado and Sopori issues are too complicated to be encompassed by glib slogans. The developers and residents need to sit down and try to hammer out a compromise. The Supervisors should have facilitated this rather than capriciously tossing aside the hard work of those who framed the Comprehnsive Plan.
Alaska Fisherman

Sitka, AK

#6 Aug 31, 2008
u want to see a river come to Alaska...
George Wilgers

Portland, OR

#7 Sep 5, 2008
It was interesting that during the meeting when Ruiz and Damon (2 of the 3 Board members approved the comp plan ammendments, that when Ruiz was talking about being on the fence, Damon turned to him and said "Don't change your mind now". Which would seem to indicate that the two had been discussing this topic in some manner, in violation of the open meeting law of Arizona.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tubac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Attorney General Jeff Sessions seeks greater ro... Apr '17 spud 2
News Mexico warns citizens after US deportation of u... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Mikey 5
News Appeals court considers Arizona cross-border sh... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Synque 7
web dating site (Sep '13) Sep '13 Antonio Duplantis 1
News Order in Tubac prepares for apocalypse (Dec '09) Jul '13 girltoobad 8
Fraud In Tubac (Feb '13) Mar '13 mike 3
News Agents stir outcry by detaining former Arizona ... (Jul '12) Jul '12 RatPatrol 1

Tubac Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Tubac Mortgages