"Rio Rico Community Association, Inc"

Posted in the Tubac Forum

Alaska Fisherman

Sitka, AK

#1 Jun 7, 2008
Since buying my property in NE Rio Rico I have been getting a news letter from the "Rio Rico Community Association, Inc". They claim to be organized for 19 years, and the cost of membership is $45.00 per year. I notice they do not have a website which concerns me about the ability to follow their works. Does anyone have any connection with them? Good or Bad? Are they a pro development group or a green group? I seem very reluctant to give them money without any way of really tracking their progress. In their last news letter they had very good information about the Palo Parado crossings, but nothing like the information being provided by the www.santacruznow.com site. Does anyone have any feedback on this association?
Mike

Tucson, AZ

#2 Jun 16, 2008
I have not heard of them. I thought they might this group:
The Rio Rico Property Owners Association, Inc. is a civic organization devoted to providing the residents of Rio Rico a variety of complementary initiatives and activities towards enhancing their quality of life in Rio Rico. We do business as "The Residents of Rio Rico".
But their dues are only $12/yr. Their web site is
http://www.residentsofriorico.com/index.html

This group may be part of Avatar. I'll ask around.

Mike

The community is coming together at www.SantaCruzNow.com
Mike

Tucson, AZ

#3 Jun 18, 2008
Alaska Fisherman wrote:
Since buying my property in NE Rio Rico I have been getting a news letter from the "Rio Rico Community Association, Inc". They claim to be organized for 19 years, and the cost of membership is $45.00 per year. I notice they do not have a website which concerns me about the ability to follow their works. Does anyone have any connection with them? Good or Bad? Are they a pro development group or a green group? I seem very reluctant to give them money without any way of really tracking their progress. In their last news letter they had very good information about the Palo Parado crossings, but nothing like the information being provided by the www.santacruznow.com site. Does anyone have any feedback on this association?
Information from the Vice President of Residents of Rio Rico:

Yes, I have some experience with Rio Rico Community Organization. It is operated by Henry Gause of Florida. He gets much of his info from Avatar and usually provides a great deal of information (promotion) to each of Avatar's Villages. He does provide a once a year 'For Sale By Owner' issue for which he charges an additional $25.00. It is mostly a private for profit business (especially at $45.00 a year). There is some good information but much of it is biased. It has no meetings and is geared mainly to absentee unimproved property owners.

Residents of Rio Rico is local, has elected representatives, meets regularly, and is here to address local concerns and provide a non-political building for residents' use, arrange special events and bring the community together. We have a website and post current events. It is just coming up with our new webmaster, but it is growing.
Joanne

Chicago, IL

#4 Jun 25, 2008
I recently sold a piece of property in Rio Rico which I had owned for many years. My experience with the Rio Rico Community Assoication dates back to their inception and has always been a pleasure. They are knowledgeable and helpful and seem to work towards what is best for the area. In addition, they recommended a wonderful Realtor (Gloria Graham of Long Realty)who was instrumental in the recent sale of my land. I think the $45.00 per year is a bargain. Hope this helps.

Since: Apr 08

Sayreville NJ

#5 Jun 28, 2008
I used to pay the $45 to Rio Rico Community Org only because they said that if you did, you were covered for liability insurance on your land (me being in insurance, I thought that was a good thing.
But when I was told that I couldn't put a manufactured house on my property - believe me, you would have thought it was stick built - Santa Cruz County told me that Rio Rico didn't allow it, I immediately thought that it was really because of a payoff between Avatar Homes and the County. I grew up in Hudson County in NJ and the gov couldn't have been more crooked then them.

But now to read that the dues I was paying every year possible was going to Avatar homes, is really making me think I was right in the first place.

BTW - anyone want 4 beautiful acres in Rio Rico Estates?
Joel

Lake Forest, IL

#6 Oct 25, 2008
I've owned a piece of property in Rio Rico for a few years and have been a member of the community association. In my brief experience from afar (I live in a different state), the association has impressed me as being incredibly focused on helping Rio Rico owners. The newsletter keeps me informed as to where new houses are being built, how property values are going, and what new public infrastructure is being developed. It keeps me up to date on local issues which could affect our property values. They offer a service for listing your property for sale in the newsletter. In general, I give this association very high marks for value for the pittance they charge in dues.
CKS

Salem, OR

#7 Sep 7, 2009
Hello. My grandparents own a sizeable piece of land in Rio Rico. They do not live in Arizona. Recently, a couple of real estate agents have contacted them about possibly selling the land (not for sale currently). The price that the agents have quoted seem to jump higher and higher. My grandparents have concerns about the repubility of the agents.One agent in particular, when asked to identify herself & provide a phone number & agency,hung up. That has set of alarms for my grandparents. They recieve the newsletters & have read the "warnings" about scams.
If I may, I would like to ask those who HAVE used agents to buy/sell property or land in Rio Rico & have had either possitive or negative experiences to please comment with their names, agencies & specify whether it was a possitive or negative experience, I would be soooo greatful!

Thank You!
NMM

Santa Maria, CA

#8 Mar 27, 2013
To CKS,
I have used John Clark of Long Realty. He will give you the real picture as to the real estate market in Rio Rico. I also own land in Rio Rico and would like to sell but now is not a good time. Hopefully, with things picking up in Tucson, this will change. Good luck.
Stacey

Anaheim, CA

#9 Apr 1, 2014
Marybeth1024 wrote:
I used to pay the $45 to Rio Rico Community Org only because they said that if you did, you were covered for liability insurance on your land (me being in insurance, I thought that was a good thing.
But when I was told that I couldn't put a manufactured house on my property - believe me, you would have thought it was stick built - Santa Cruz County told me that Rio Rico didn't allow it, I immediately thought that it was really because of a payoff between Avatar Homes and the County. I grew up in Hudson County in NJ and the gov couldn't have been more crooked then them.
But now to read that the dues I was paying every year possible was going to Avatar homes, is really making me think I was right in the first place.
BTW - anyone want 4 beautiful acres in Rio Rico Estates?
How much are you selling it for. Currently I own one lot that is just under 1 acre in the Rio Rico Ranchettes 18 area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tubac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate probes claims of workplace retaliation f... Apr 1 wild child 1
News Repairs to Downed Border Fence Top $700,000 Mar 29 bad work 1
ILLEGALS-GANGS-Borders Mar '15 ILLEGALS-GANGS-TE... 1
News Pope: 'Inhuman' conditions for migrants on US-M... Feb '15 Paco 11
News Report: Explosives Found Near US-Mexico Border Nov '14 WAP 1
web dating site (Sep '13) Sep '13 Antonio Duplantis 1
News Order in Tubac prepares for apocalypse (Dec '09) Jul '13 girltoobad 8
More from around the web

Tubac People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE