I-19 checkpoint will be 'temporary' a bit longer

There are 4 comments on the The Arizona Daily Star story from Nov 13, 2008, titled I-19 checkpoint will be 'temporary' a bit longer. In it, The Arizona Daily Star reports that:

For more than a decade, Congress has restricted the U.S. Border Patrol from constructing or operating permanent checkpoints in the Tucson Sector, the only one of nine on the Southwest border without a permanent ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Arizona Daily Star.

Darlene

Littleton, CO

#1 Nov 13, 2008
As you read along, suddenly business owners have their say. Wait just a minute here......since when are Federal laws, Border Patrol check points under the control of business owners? But I'm a business owner, so I'll add my two cents....keep the temporary open as long as it takes. My voice is as important as others!
Darlene

Littleton, CO

#2 Nov 13, 2008
bump bump
Migra

United States

#3 Dec 31, 2008
the temporary check point is more of a harm to your business than a good facility would be. At a temp the technology for traffic direction, detection, lighting, essentially everything has to be mobile. So to get good stuff to accomplish the mission it is very expensive, more tax dollars, more taxes, etc. If we go middle of the road on equipment then it is less effective and then more risky. A perm check point will let good equipment be used, construction will make the lanes better and faster. Traffic would move more smoothly, quicker and safer. Plus we can isntall state of the art lifts and other things to make the job more effective.
Migra

United States

#4 Feb 19, 2009
Oh we will. it's not going anywhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tubac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate probes claims of workplace retaliation f... Apr '15 wild child 1
News Repairs to Downed Border Fence Top $700,000 Mar '15 bad work 1
ILLEGALS-GANGS-Borders Mar '15 ILLEGALS-GANGS-TE... 1
News Pope: 'Inhuman' conditions for migrants on US-M... Feb '15 Paco 11
News Report: Explosives Found Near US-Mexico Border (Nov '14) Nov '14 WAP 1
web dating site (Sep '13) Sep '13 Antonio Duplantis 1
News Order in Tubac prepares for apocalypse (Dec '09) Jul '13 girltoobad 8
More from around the web

Tubac People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE