Q's & A's about Tubac, Tumacacori & Rio Rico

Posted in the Tubac Forum

Since: Oct 07

Sierra Vista, AZ

#1 Jan 3, 2008
Good Morning to all I'm starting a poll about everything to everything. What to eat, where to move, how’s the weather, who do you go to, when to visit and which road to take. Please feel free to ask away.

“Future Rio Rico Resident”

Since: Dec 05

Chadds Ford, PA

#2 Jan 3, 2008
Born-N-Raised ... we'd love some suggestions on day trips and some restaurants in and around the Rio Rico area .. i know we will venture into Mexico one evening for dinner at LaRoca ... but other than that, we need some input .. thanks .. Jo Anne
Daddio

Pen Argyl, PA

#3 Jan 4, 2008
I too would love to hear restaurant reviews in Santa Cruz/nearby, as there are slim pick'ins.NO?

I liked:(forgive my spelling)
- Velvet Elvis,(Pizza+)Patagonia
- Melio's (Italian), Tubac
- The Artist's Palette,(Nice mix), Tubac (Anza Plaza)
- I've heard great reviews for the eateries in the Tubac Country Club but have not been there yet.
- Wisdom's (Mexican) was ok... need to explore more of their menu

-Cow Palace (Family type and...)north of Tubac. I heard the restaurant directly across from it, with the large steer head entrance has good pizza???

-La Trakas (Restaurant and Bakery) Rio Rico

-Mr. C's (Steak and...) Nogales, AZ

I had a great eating experience at La Roca's , Nogales, MEXICO, just a one block walk over the border.

Being a NJ boy..
Italian cuisine is important to me...with a side of great bread....

Chadds Ford, PA

#4 Jan 5, 2008
Thanks Daddio for the restaurant review ... we will definitely check some of them out ... my hubby and i enjoy exploring around .. so if we find some extraordinary dining places, i will list them when we get back for sure ...!!!... i know what you mean about being a "jersey boy" ... gotta have that BREAD ... and if it's warm in the basket, that's a plus ... Jo Anne
Daddio

Pen Argyl, PA

#5 Jan 5, 2008
BTW...
Many times we stay in Tucson but travel around and enjoy the bulk of my time in the SE areas of AZ. So if you/your hubby and friends like B&B's... Spoil yourself at La Zarzuela's in Tucson!
http://www.zarzuela-az.com/
Their breakfasts should be photographed and there ingredients.. "hold you for the day"! Although their warm hospitality and evening cocktails call you back for the evening. You like food, presentation and atmosphere???.. These guys are fluent in it!

We found a wealth of knowledge in the people we meet at B&B's... Many "land prospectors" stay at B&Bs. Between their "lesson learned" and the Inn keeper's experience/knowledge.. we found it as BIG BUCKS well spent! And remember... don't forget the R&R aspects that B&Bs offer !

Enjoy!
D

Chadds Ford, PA

#6 Jan 5, 2008
"D" ... oh my God, Zarzuela's looks incredible ... we do adore B&B's ... i actually found ourselves a cute little guest house to stay in during our time in Rio Rico ... it's a private residence that has a separate quarters for "Guests" ... i will do a full report upon our return ... thanks again for the info ... Jo Anne
Daddio

Pen Argyl, PA

#7 Jan 20, 2008
Well we are drifting off the subject line...But if you are still in the Tucson area... a place my friends advise us of is McClintock's in Saguaro Ranch. We have it on our "To visit/dine list"
Once you get through the intro click on the Lifestyle tab, then McClintock's

http://www.saguaroranch.net/

I don't think you will find places like this in Santa Cruz county.. but maybe that is just find.. a ride into Tucson can be a change with a return to quiet Santa Cruz at the end of the day's agenda.

D.
Alaska Fisherman

Uruapan, Mexico

#8 Jan 22, 2008
How about building in the NE area of Rio Rico. With the building being so depressed in the area (as well as everywhere) What can you tell me about eager builders? I'm thinking about commming down next fall and start building my home, time constraints will not allow me to be the "general" on the job.

Chadds Ford, PA

#9 Feb 6, 2008
Hi Fisherman ... we just returned from a trip to Rio Rico ... although it appears at the current time, that new home construction may a bit on the "slow" side, there has been so much new construction built since our last trip four years ago ... according to our Realtor, builders are seriously working with potential homebuilders competing for their business ... i.e., additing upgrades in price for free ... so you may be going in just at the right time to start construction ... do you plan to reside in the area when your home is being built and where exactly is your lot?... Jo
Alaska Fisherman

United States

#10 Feb 8, 2008
Camino Josefina, a little over a mile and a quarter from Pendleton drive. Gooogle earth has the roads miss-marked. It actually has a cat trail accross it from the person doing the perk test. The guy decided not to go around and approach the property from the cul de sac on the backside(Bogota) where the house is planned on going. I actually blame it on the realitor, once I signed on the doitted line he was not much help, being they were not the main lister they must of felt that I was asking to much for the money they were making.. Anyway their loss since I'm not done buying in Santa Cruz county.

Does anyone know how fast the desert reclaims itself? I realize that the Cholia is like a weed?

Chadds Ford, PA

#11 Feb 9, 2008
Hi Alaska ... ok then, you are not far from us ... as we can see Camino Josefina from our Mesa ... if you need a reputable realtor, may i recommend John Clark, of Long Realty in Rio Rico .. the man is an absolute GEM ... http://johnc.longrealty.com/ ... that's his link ... we had dinner with he and his wife when we went down ... we consider them our friends ... have you had an initial survey done yet and a perc test?... i am not sure what a "cat trail" is ... can you tell me?... thanks ... Jo Anne
Alaska Fisherman

Anchorage, AK

#12 Feb 12, 2008
A cat trail is when someone drives a piece of equipment accross your property and it looks like a road.

Yes it's flagged and perked.

Chadds Ford, PA

#13 Feb 12, 2008
Thanks Alaska ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tubac Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Senate probes claims of workplace retaliation f... Apr 1 wild child 1
News Repairs to Downed Border Fence Top $700,000 Mar 29 bad work 1
ILLEGALS-GANGS-Borders Mar '15 ILLEGALS-GANGS-TE... 1
News Pope: 'Inhuman' conditions for migrants on US-M... Feb '15 Paco 11
News Report: Explosives Found Near US-Mexico Border Nov '14 WAP 1
web dating site (Sep '13) Sep '13 Antonio Duplantis 1
News Order in Tubac prepares for apocalypse (Dec '09) Jul '13 girltoobad 8
More from around the web

Tubac People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE