One Plan. One Community.
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Liberty and justice for all”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 16, 2012
Sometimes, two can't do it better than one. This is one of those times. One Plan. One Community.

Let's talk trash.

Wouldn't it be cheaper if the ENTIRE communities' garbage was being handled by one entity? There's discounts in volume.

Wouldn't it be more advantageous to pool the resources of the entire County? Won't we get a better long-term strategy? Why separate out the resources?

Going forward with the illegal Solid Waste Transfer station does put this community at great risk from lawsuit, and I'm just talking about the Williamsburg residences who will sue and will win!!!

It's time TorC got out of the trash business
This ordinance is very simple: City shall not acquire or maintain refuse disposal areas or plants after January 1, 2013.

You see...I had this idea that was so simple, but no one had thought of it until I did Tuesday night. And it is a no-brainer. In fact, I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't think of it earlier. Better late than never.

So I went to the County a week ago Thursday and asked them: "If you have all the trash from TorC, would it be possible, and would there be a cost savings." It more than doubles volume.

Rather than having two governments expending resources, have just one. Then as a community we can pool our resources and come up with something much better, and plannned, too.

So, after the City tried to stop the initiative ordinance (and committed several felonies), and a few phone calls from law enforcement in their direction, the initiative petition is now ready for signature...to get the City out of the trash business.

The ordinance being proposed by Petition is:
City shall not acquire or maintain refuse disposal areas or plants after January 1, 2013.

No more $1.26 million bond. No more unknown fees. No more fiscal irresponsibility from City with our trash. Benefits EVERYONE in the County.

Sign your community's petition.

One Plan. One Community.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#2 Aug 16, 2012
Deb2me wrote:

One Plan. One Community.
ONE VISION!

Location hidden

#3 Aug 16, 2012
durablebrad wrote:
<quoted text>
ONE VISION!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fsujXw267XQXX
Love it. Considered it added.

Sometimes, two can't do it better than one. This is one of those times.
One Plan. One Community. One Vision.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#4 Aug 17, 2012
This is an interesting idea and well worth looking at in a serious manner. Hopefully our politicians will do that.

Location hidden

#5 Aug 17, 2012
NM Desert Rat wrote:
This is an interesting idea and well worth looking at in a serious manner. Hopefully our politicians will do that.
Thank you. County management was very positive, crunched the numbers and said yep.

As for TorC, the matter is now in the hands of the people since the City has failed to act within the law. Put TorC out of business...the trash business. They already failed to look at it seriously, both in failing to obtain public input or public hearings, spending the $2 million in revenue that was to be set aside when we agreed to double our garbage rates "so we'd be ready in 7 years." City has been asked, "where's the money from doubling the garbage bills"? They don't know...so they indebted us for another $1.26 million.

They also failed to take the petition for initiative seriously...until they heard from the DA and State Police that the "4th degree felony" was on video, and it was serious. Now, they're taking it a little more seriously.

However, let's not focus on the negative...the positive side is simple. We are not powerless, and we can fix this...together.

The petition for citizen initiative ordinance getting TorC out of the trash business is being circulated NOW. Truth or Consequences registered voters have the power to force the issue. Let the entire community know that TorC'ians do not support our local government violating our neighbors, families and friends. Williamsburg residents deserve better than a refuse disposal area in their residential neighborhood (without opportunity to protest). The entire community deserves better.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#6 Aug 25, 2012
Deb2me wrote:
Sometimes, two can't do it better than one. This is one of those times. One Plan. One Community.
Let's talk trash.
Wouldn't it be cheaper if the ENTIRE communities' garbage was being handled by one entity? There's discounts in volume.
Wouldn't it be more advantageous to pool the resources of the entire County? Won't we get a better long-term strategy? Why separate out the resources?
Going forward with the illegal Solid Waste Transfer station does put this community at great risk from lawsuit, and I'm just talking about the Williamsburg residences who will sue and will win!!!
This ordinance is very simple: City shall not acquire or maintain refuse disposal areas or plants after January 1, 2013.
You see...I had this idea that was so simple, but no one had thought of it until I did Tuesday night. And it is a no-brainer. In fact, I'm a little embarrassed that I didn't think of it earlier. Better late than never.
So I went to the County a week ago Thursday and asked them: "If you have all the trash from TorC, would it be possible, and would there be a cost savings." It more than doubles volume.
Rather than having two governments expending resources, have just one. Then as a community we can pool our resources and come up with something much better, and plannned, too.
So, after the City tried to stop the initiative ordinance (and committed several felonies), and a few phone calls from law enforcement in their direction, the initiative petition is now ready for signature...to get the City out of the trash business.
City shall not acquire or maintain refuse disposal areas or plants after January 1, 2013.
No more $1.26 million bond. No more unknown fees. No more fiscal irresponsibility from City with our trash. Benefits EVERYONE in the County.
One Plan. One Community.
I saw your article in the Sentinel. I thought it was well written and you made your case. It will be interesting to see how this issue plays out. There are a lot of angry voters that will hopefully prod county and city commissioners to finally get off their rears and take care of business.

Location hidden

#7 Aug 26, 2012
NM Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw your article in the Sentinel. I thought it was well written and you made your case. It will be interesting to see how this issue plays out. There are a lot of angry voters that will hopefully prod county and city commissioners to finally get off their rears and take care of business.
Thank you. Luckily, the voters of TorC have the right for initiative: to legally require the commission to pass an ordinance.

It is simply too late (and too many mistakes that are going to get our community rightfully sued) to allow the City to continue. The only smart thing TorC'ians can do now is dump our trash issues and join with the County (pun intended even if it is lame).

Together is the smart direction. We all need each other for this project. Divided resources and trash volume hurts ALL of us.

Persuade your family and friends who are TorC registered voters to sign the initiative ordinance.

“The eviler twin”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#8 Aug 26, 2012
Deb2me wrote:
Let's talk trash.
One Plan. One Community.
BE GONE, WITCH! Your common sense has no power here!

Location hidden

#9 Aug 26, 2012
JustaRudeDude wrote:
<quoted text>
BE GONE, WITCH! Your common sense has no power here!
Be surprised then.

Regardless of your personal idiocy, many people agree that the first step is to stop dividing our resources and volume.

Jedi Mind Tricks

Espanola, NM

#10 Aug 26, 2012
these are NOT the droids you are looking for...move along now
Interested in Details

United States

#12 Sep 13, 2012
How is the petition coming?

Location hidden

#13 Sep 25, 2012
Interested in Details wrote:
How is the petition coming?
Quite well, even with the felonious actions of City staff and governing body in attempting to thwart citizen petitions.

Was also the recipient of some "unknown-to-me" information a few weeks ago that has changed/added some strategies.

I was unaware that two drinking water wellheads are within 200 feet of the Solid Waste Collection Center site, ignoring the 1000 feet drinking water wellhead protection area. An official complaint has been filed with the New Mexico Environment Department for their certification of a Solid Waste Collection Center site within the 1000 foot drinking water wellhead protection area contrary to both federal and state law.

The Environmental Protection Agency has also sent communication to the City, the State and Gordon Environmental questioning the legality of the design (doesn't meet federal requirements) and the legality of the site certification (doesn't meet state or federal requirements) for our Solid Waste Collection Center site.

Maybe the fact that we keep putting garbage (and recycling) on top of our drinking water is what makes our water taste so horribly bad?

“The eviler twin”

Location hidden

#14 Sep 25, 2012
Deb2me wrote:
<quoted text>Quite well, even with the felonious actions of City staff and governing body in attempting to thwart citizen petitions.

Was also the recipient of some "unknown-to-me" information a few weeks ago that has changed/added some strategies.

I was unaware that two drinking water wellheads are within 200 feet of the Solid Waste Collection Center site, ignoring the 1000 feet drinking water wellhead protection area. An official complaint has been filed with the New Mexico Environment Department for their certification of a Solid Waste Collection Center site within the 1000 foot drinking water wellhead protection area contrary to both federal and state law.

The Environmental Protection Agency has also sent communication to the City, the State and Gordon Environmental questioning the legality of the design (doesn't meet federal requirements) and the legality of the site certification (doesn't meet state or federal requirements) for our Solid Waste Collection Center site.

Maybe the fact that we keep putting garbage (and recycling) on top of our drinking water is what makes our water taste so horribly bad?
PPLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSEEE tell me you're joking about the well-head stuff?!?!?
funy

Espanola, NM

#15 Sep 25, 2012
when it was mentioned a few weeks ago that the asphalt millings were being stored near the well..nobody blinked.
Rooby Roo

Truth Or Consequences, NM

#16 Sep 25, 2012
OK, whats the difference between asphalt millings in a pile, and asphalt millings all spread out in a thin ribbon, like as in a roadway? And is it a well head, or a spigot sticking out of the ground?

Location hidden

#17 Sep 25, 2012
JustaRudeDude wrote:
<quoted text>
PPLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSEEE tell me you're joking about the well-head stuff?!?!?
Wish I could, Rude Dude, but this is NOT a joke.

Location hidden

#18 Sep 25, 2012
Rooby Roo wrote:
OK, whats the difference between asphalt millings in a pile, and asphalt millings all spread out in a thin ribbon, like as in a roadway? And is it a well head, or a spigot sticking out of the ground?
Actually, there are TWO wellheads within 200 feet. They are not simply spigots, but are DRINKING WATER wellheads.

“The eviler twin”

Location hidden

#19 Sep 26, 2012
Deb2me wrote:
<quoted text>Wish I could, Rude Dude, but this is NOT a joke.
TorC is turning out to be the joke.

Location hidden

#20 Sep 26, 2012
JustaRudeDude wrote:
<quoted text>
TorC is turning out to be the joke.
Ya think?

Location hidden

#21 Oct 11, 2012
Wait for it....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Truth or Consequences Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Truth or Consequences - Unfriendliest City in t... (Jul '07) Wed GetRealPeople 748
Atheism is a religion that worships mankind. Dec 2 tHEmAN1111 4
Sierra Vista Hospital Hall of Shame (Oct '15) Nov 16 mountainrogue 33
Thinking of retiring to TorC Nov 16 mountainrogue 6
Sexual Harassment at the Housing apts? Oct '17 Loose Stool 5
Will the Woman who's been Looking for Malik Con... Oct '17 Take Care 1
Walmart Upgraded but Going to the Dawgs? Oct '17 Barfolomew 12

Truth or Consequences Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Truth or Consequences Mortgages