Secret PAC uses Sentinel to help pick...

Secret PAC uses Sentinel to help pick Commissioner

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Aug 11, 2012
The same advertisement printed in The Herald by the Committee for Fairness in Democracy ran in The Sierra County Sentinel this week. This time the ad ran without even a mention of the political action committee attempting to affect the process for the selection of a publicly elected official. DOES THAT SOUND RIGHT?

The combined cost for a 1/4 page ad in The Herald and 1/2 page ad in The Sentinel, which both blatantly endorse the selection of Mr. Kertesz for the open City Commission seat, must have been con$iderable. Yet this "secret" organization now refuses to even include their name on their printed support of this candidate. WHY?

The billing of the previous ad with The Herald was directed to the Charles Motel and Hot Springs Spa, which has led some to speculate as to whether owner Kathy Clark is the sole member and financier of the Committe for Fairness in Democracy. We're patiently waiting to hear her response.(pin & needles-pins & needles)

Just as the "Gloom and Doom" ad previously used to attack certain candidates for City Commission, this type of political advertising is considered out-of-bounds by MOST legitimate newpapers... because it fails to disclose an agent for the organization, and means by which they can be contacted. Too bad The Sentinel is so-o-oo desperate for a dollar that they would look the other way... again. SHAME ON YOU!

It seems the same old tendency to fly under the radar while skirting the law still plagues Truth or Consequences, much to the detriment of the quality of local governance. Hopefully someone will have enough honor and courage to name themselves after spending hundred$ of dollar$ in order to convince local voters that Mike Kertesz is the right guy for the job.'Cause if they're too embarrassed to speak up... then maybe he's NOT.

Who knows... maybe Mr. Kertesz or Commissioner Steve Green might be able to come up with that information if Kathy Clark can't?
Advertiing Dollars

Louisville, KY

#2 Aug 12, 2012
I can hear Myrna rolling over in her grave mumbling something about "it's a small town, and there's only so much money for advertising, and we gotta work with the locals who support us, and that's the way it goes". Then she would've launched into the time Steve Green convinced the Sierra County Tourism Board to take their advertising dollars OUT of Sierra County (at least 50 miles) in order to promote tourism in some other far off land (and not spend at her newspaper).

Those advertising dollars from Kathy Clark, Owner of the Charles Motel carry the kind of clout New Mexico is known for.

Do we have another Pay-to-Play exposed?

Keep up the research, Brad.

“Liberty and justice for all”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 12, 2012
Advertiing Dollars wrote:
I can hear Myrna rolling over in her grave mumbling something about "it's a small town, and there's only so much money for advertising, and we gotta work with the locals who support us, and that's the way it goes". Then she would've launched into the time Steve Green convinced the Sierra County Tourism Board to take their advertising dollars OUT of Sierra County (at least 50 miles) in order to promote tourism in some other far off land (and not spend at her newspaper).
Those advertising dollars from Kathy Clark, Owner of the Charles Motel carry the kind of clout New Mexico is known for.
Do we have another Pay-to-Play exposed?
Keep up the research, Brad.
Yep, I remember when Steve Green convinced the Sierra County Tourism Board to take their advertising dollars OUT of Sierra County to promote tourism in some far off land. Isn't that the definition of tourism? People from far off lands coming to visit your land. Oh, it's also the law that the advertising done with lodgers tax money must be 50 miles away.

I am no fan of Green...by a long shot. But, I also don't attack those actions that are RIGHT and legal just because I don't like other actions. That's not only the tactic utilized by those who are desperately trying to move the spotlight off their corrupt activities, but a tactic utilized by those who are weak-willed and morally bankrupt like yourself, April.

P.S. Did you hear about my Court of Appeals win while you listened to NPR? Did it make your blood pressure high? Did you toss and turn wondering why your "nemesis" always wins and you always lose? Stop wondering. It's called courage, integrity and being right. Three things of which you are completely unfamiliar.
Interested in Details

United States

#4 Sep 13, 2012
It's been like three months, did they pick a new commissioner yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Truth or Consequences Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Natural Cave, Near hatch New Mexico (Oct '10) Nov 28 Neptune 27
Ashbaugh / FastStop - Delinquent Prop. Tax (Jul '11) Nov 26 Jason Tipper 101
Muslim Refugee Arrested In Luna County /gas pip... Nov 20 Babette 8
Poorest City in New Mexico.. Nov 15 Brilliant 7
Good Fish? Bad Fish? Nov 12 Babette 1
Wacko Case Town Nov 7 Jon 1
new guy in town Oct '16 just wondering 2

Truth or Consequences Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance