Brand New Steyr AUG/A3 SA USA Rifle

Brand New Steyr AUG/A3 SA USA Rifle

There are 7 comments on the www.ammoland.com story from Jan 5, 2010, titled Brand New Steyr AUG/A3 SA USA Rifle. In it, www.ammoland.com reports that:

Brand New Steyr AUG/A3 SA USA Rifle in 5.56 45mm Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 at 3:13 pm Brand New Steyr AUG/A3 SA USA Rifle in 5.56 45mm After 20 years of absence the new steyr aug proves to be well worth the wait Steyr AUG/A3 SA USA Rifle in 5.56x45mm Steyr Arms TRUSSVILLE, AL - - - Two decades after it was banned from importation, the venerated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.ammoland.com.

GPM

“DILLIGAF?”

Since: Aug 08

San Antonio, TX

#1 Jan 5, 2010
I sure wish they'd stop with the mouse guns and start making these in 7.62. I might buy one in a serious caliber.

“Shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Nov 09

Phoenix, AZ.

#2 Jan 7, 2010
GPM wrote:
I sure wish they'd stop with the mouse guns and start making these in 7.62. I might buy one in a serious caliber.
Yeah, but I don't think that I'd be too comfortable having a 7.62 going off so close to my head when firing. It might be more interesting if it were in that new 6.8mm Remington SPC. The cost is another factor that seems prohibitive.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#4 Jan 10, 2010
GPM wrote:
Dotard, they were practically giving away C.E.T.M.E. G3 clones for 500.00 bucks about 3 or 4 years ago. You can still get a DSArms STG58 for reasonble jing. Springfield Armory M1As are going for about 1000 to 1400. Therefore, why would you care for an AUG in 308?

That makes about as much sense as this a$$ hole on FALFILES pestering the owners of DSArms to make a copy of the original .223 FNFAL that wasn't popular at all when it was produced.

GPM

“DILLIGAF?”

San Antonio, TX

#5 Jan 10, 2010
Richard_ wrote:
<quoted text>Dotard, they were practically giving away C.E.T.M.E. G3 clones for 500.00 bucks about 3 or 4 years ago. You can still get a DSArms STG58 for reasonble jing. Springfield Armory M1As are going for about 1000 to 1400. Therefore, why would you care for an AUG in 308?
That makes about as much sense as this a$$ hole on FALFILES pestering the owners of DSArms to make a copy of the original .223 FNFAL that wasn't popular at all when it was produced.
Oh feeble-minded one. A CETME/G3 is totally different from an AUG. As to the Century StG58s, I would never buy a Century if they only cost a dollar. The quality is crap and the service is worse.

Besides, the point of my post is that I have several different style 7.62x51 rifles. I'd like an AUG. I am not interested in another 5.56. I have a Mini-14 that is far more reliable than any AR15/M16 I ever owned or was issued. Now if I found a good Galil for not too much...

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#6 Jan 11, 2010
GPM wrote:
<quoted text>Oh feeble-minded one. A CETME/G3 is totally different from an AUG. As to the Century StG58s, I would never buy a Century if they only cost a dollar. The quality is crap and the service is worse.
I've never fired my CIA CETME, it was purchased to be wall hanger. I've heard that earlier ones were plagued with some problems, but I have a feeling this one is fine. I think the biggest problem was the front sights not lining up well because of barrel timing to the reciever.

The AUG is an interesting looking weapon and there was even a guy that was trying to get his own AUG production going on here in South Central Wisconsin, but he wound up getting killed in his factory in a strange shooting incident. He was Class II manufacturer that had contracts with the federal government for replacemnt barrels on their GE "gatling" type guns. I remember when I first met him, he was walking around a gun show with an unfinished AUG receiver and showing it around to some of the FLL holders at their gun tables. I asked him what he was doing and he told me he was going to be making AUG semis and selling them. This would have been about the time the 1994 ban was going away. Eventually, I was able to go to his factory on a Sunday when he seen that I had brought my 7" barreled AR15 to a gun show to pick up my Gemtech bilock mounted suppressor. He just walked up, introduced himself and said that he had a shooting range in his factory and that if I wanted to I could test fire my new suppressor that afternoon at the factory. Hell yeah! So, me and the wife followed him to his factory and shot the suppressor in a steel gun testing device, bullet trap if you will and then we toured the place. It wasn't until recently, that I heard he died in his factory all by himself, shot dead under strange circumstances. He was also trying to market a AR15 upper with rod operating system, had shown me example of one of those, but I wasn't working at the time so I was unable to purchse one from him.

GPM

“DILLIGAF?”

San Antonio, TX

#7 Jan 11, 2010
That's a sad tale. It sounds like he would have been a valued member of the shooting community had he lived. I wish we had more US arms makers who made interesting firearms.

“Uzi Does It”

UZILAND

#8 Jan 11, 2010
GPM wrote:
That's a sad tale. It sounds like he would have been a valued member of the shooting community had he lived. I wish we had more US arms makers who made interesting firearms.
He was a nice guy but he was kind of quirky like a mad scientist as well. I was going to follow up on visting the operation when it was running, but now that I see what happened, I'm glad I didn't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trussville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to get loan shark (Feb '14) Sun Gary smaniotto 20
News Teen whose graduation prayer went viral opens l... May '15 Nellie 1
Debbie herren (Dec '14) Dec '14 call me the breeze 1
News Gadsden council, mayor approve Sunday alcohol s... (Sep '14) Oct '14 James Giles 2
Just moved here, what are some fun things for a... (Jun '14) Aug '14 Res 3
News Shelnutt on Senate District 17 runoff: - It's e... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Blount County Mom 1
Review: Luxury Nails And SPA (May '14) May '14 Chelsea 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trussville Mortgages