Jefferson County Mayors Come Together...

Jefferson County Mayors Come Together on Sewer Debt Crisis

There are 3 comments on the WIAT-TV Birmingham story from Aug 23, 2008, titled Jefferson County Mayors Come Together on Sewer Debt Crisis. In it, WIAT-TV Birmingham reports that:

More than 20 mayors from cities around the area came prepared to put a swift end to the 3 billion dollar sewer debt that looms over Jefferson County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIAT-TV Birmingham.

Confused - Concerned

United States

#1 Jan 17, 2009
I am just wondering how it is that we can afford a $50,000.00 party to celebrate Obama taking office and we can not pay our sewer bill.
I believe if we would stop all of the unneeded spending we would not be in the posistion that we are in today.

United States

#2 Jan 19, 2009
As I do agree with confused, it must be remembered that the people of B'ham and most of Jeff. County are getting what they want....
If you are a responsible, working, tax-paying resident of Alabama then you must know by now that Jeff. County IS NOT the place to live. If they want it they will get it, if you DO NOT want to pay for it your only choice is to move to another county. Good luck to all that still live there!
Jeep-Lover

United States

#3 Jan 20, 2009
I agree, if the County and the City of Birmingham could $50,000 for a party then they should be able to manage the sewer debt and manage without the occupational tax that is cut from every one's check that works in the city of Birmingham. This has already been ruled illegle by the Supreme Court. Good luck to every one that lives and works in the city of Birmingham.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trussville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happens way more than anyone knows Nov 27 Randy 2
The city of Trussville pulls a Clinton. Nov 14 Charles Ramsey 1
Storm drain grate on highway 11 near Morrow Av. Nov 7 Charles Ramsey 1
Tommy cole Oct '16 Searching 1
Just moved here, what are some fun things for a... (Jun '14) Jul '16 Stella 4
News Dothan Ask Court To Dismiss Rickey Stokes Appea... Jun '16 Dell Gamble 1
Lake Carrington Subdivision Jun '16 Old Guard 1

Trussville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance