Easton recovering from police raid

Easton recovering from police raid

There are 199 comments on the Connecticut Post story from May 19, 2008, titled Easton recovering from police raid. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

The Dogwood Drive home where a Norwalk man was killed during a police raid Sunday was the target of neighborhood complaints about loud parties and cars coming and going late into the night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

Your Neighbor

Danielson, CT

#163 May 22, 2008
Easton Resident wrote:
Good points Ignorance is bliss-
I live in the Dogwood Drive area & heard the shots that were fired both on Sunday & a couple of weeks ago at 4am. I personally do not want this type of activity happening in my neighborhood & am happy that the situation is resolved. I agree with the Easton Police tactics of having the regional SWAT team assist in serving the warrant since they are better trained & equiped to handle this type of situation
That being said there appears to have been no weapons or drugs found on Sunday. The man killed does not appear to have been either armed or was a potential "deadly threat" to the police.
In my opinion based upon the information released to the public so far the shooting may not be justified. This was not due to a "trigger happy" cop, just a person trying to do his job on a Sunday afternoon faced with a split second life or death decision which may have been the wrong one.
There is no good results to this event. We had a man killed who while may have used drugs (and may have been using at the time) appears did not do anything which justified the use of deadly force. His family I am sure is grieving his death.
We also have a police officer who will have to live with this for the rest of his life. With impact to both his family, his future employment, as well as possible criminal/civil charges.
My prayers go out to all parties involved
Is the situation resolved?

Is Ron T. back at home? He apparently hasn't been arrested for anything so I am afraid nothing has been resolved here. If they didn't find any drugs or guns, then he's not going anywhere. Can't force him to move unless the house gets foreclosed.

This may have just made it much worse for everyone involved, especially the family of the dead man who apparently was killed for nothing.
Classmate of Gonz

Stamford, CT

#164 May 22, 2008
Common Sense wrote:
Another side note... A few people say they "went to high school" or "college" with 'Gonzalo' and claim he was at the very least a decent person. You must have went to school with the Virgina Tech kid and the rest of them too if you can attest to the type of character someone is by merely being aquainted to them. Also when there are drugs involved... is it really a good idea to knock on the door?'lets knock and give them a good chance to go flush whatever they have on hand, it should only take a few seconds for them to do soo..' They have to take into account the likelyhood of the possible destruction of evidence. Can you expect the police to tell everyone to stop and get everyone's names as they come in? It does not matter who you are, if you are there and you charge at the police, it does not matter who you are... any good police officer is going to protect his life and any other officer's life first and foremost. It would be horrible for an officer to lose his life, a person who follows the rules and goes above and beyond what any regular citizen would do, to give someone involved with drugs and whatever else there may be to have the 'benifit of the doubt'(Maybe Gonzalo was charging the officer's to give them a hug... they could have waited to see..) If a weapon was picked up from the residence previous to the fact its makes sense to believe that the person would be apt to go out and attempt to get a replacement at the very least. Also it was Easton, random drive-bys don't happen on a regular basis, sounds like someone was targeting that residence over something which probably had nothing to do with anything innocent. People should be gratefull that there are the types of people who are willing to go out and go after the bad guys.
To compare Gonz to the Virginia Tech killer is absurd. I went to high school with Gonz, and as you may or may know, his older brother died in a car accident 10 years ago and supposedly Gonz battled depression and addiction ever since. One thing for all of us to remember, addiction is an illness...yes it is a choice to leap into that lifestyle in the 1st place, but we are all human and have our faults. Honestly, I do not believe Gonz was a completely "innocent" bystander but he did not deserve to die. There is enough fault to go around. It seems with reason that the police may have used excessive force but the investigation (hopefully it won't be biased as some have alledged it will be) should shed some light on what ultimately happened. By analogy, you can crack an egg using a hammer but its probably a bit excessive.
HL in NY

United States

#165 May 22, 2008
Fairfield Taxpayer II wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. The police aren't going to raid a house at random. They had reasons. Apparently, this guy and house were investigated in the past and just last month there was a shooting there. Don't judge the police until you have the whole story and even then, they don't raid innocent people's homes, just the ones who are messing up this world.
What a perfect world you must live in. Unfortunately life does not take place inside a Norman Rockwell painting.
K Vegi

United States

#166 May 22, 2008
Howard Stern
Protect and Serve

Greenfield, OH

#167 May 22, 2008
MIKE wrote:
<quoted text>
By an innocent person you mean a guy who charges at a cop ignoring the Officers commands while executing a lawfull search warrant?
he was not armed and there were no guns in the house. He did not deserve to get shot. Please think first, it could be you in the wrong place at the wrong time
MIKE

Madison, CT

#168 May 22, 2008
I could be at the wrong place at the wrong time, next time I'm in my friend's house smoking crack, and repairing the damage from last weeks drive-by because we ripped off hookers.
xyz

Stratford, CT

#169 May 22, 2008
the beauty and the crux of the 12 person jury system is laid before your eyes in the previous posts. rule #1 is innocent until proven guilty. Terebesi will be on trial for misdemeanor 3rd degree for previous arrests. will anyone go to trial for a homicide
Neighbor

Island Park, NY

#170 May 22, 2008
They just arrested Ron T.
Hugh E Reckshon

United States

#171 May 23, 2008
Your next Neighbor.
Really

Dover, OH

#172 May 23, 2008
Neighbor wrote:
They just arrested Ron T.
How do you know he was arrested did they come and handcuff him.....Is he going to go to prison?
MIKE

Madison, CT

#173 May 23, 2008
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know he was arrested did they come and handcuff him.....Is he going to go to prison?
WTF? Yeah, the neighbor knows his court date, his bond, and how he will be sentenced.

“Remember The Golden Rule!”

Since: Mar 07

USA

#174 May 24, 2008
There is always more than meets the eye behind the scenes. Just like all the good comments and defense for the teacher in Milford doing drugs in his own home, well it turns out they got him for rape. So until the facts come out, no one ( you, John Q Public) knows what is involved. Police do not do what they do randomly, they have their reasons. And most of the time, the reasons are justified.
STEVE

Poughkeepsie, NY

#175 May 24, 2008
None of us are safe even in a routine traffic stop. Suburban cops do not receive the same training and do not have the same perserverance as city cops. They play cowboys and indians. Bottom line is that is we are living in a police state where our civil liberties are being eroded on a daily basis.

If this man was unarmed, the cops and this task force should be hung out to dry. Oh and by the way, I'm not a left wing rabble rouser but a Ronald Reagan conservative who first and foremost believes that government's first reponsibility is to protect my life, liberty and property and not to take my rights away!
MIKE

AOL

#176 May 25, 2008
STEVE wrote:
None of us are safe even in a routine traffic stop. Suburban cops do not receive the same training and do not have the same perserverance as city cops. They play cowboys and indians. Bottom line is that is we are living in a police state where our civil liberties are being eroded on a daily basis.
If this man was unarmed, the cops and this task force should be hung out to dry. Oh and by the way, I'm not a left wing rabble rouser but a Ronald Reagan conservative who first and foremost believes that government's first reponsibility is to protect my life, liberty and property and not to take my rights away!
The state determines what kind of training all cops get, its the same for all cities and towns. Cops from Easton get trained right next to guys from Hartford or Bridgeport. How many traffic stops are conducted on a daily basis and how many result in anything other than a simple ticket? You make it sound as if people are being dragged from their cars and assaulted all day. "Ronald Reagan Conservative" that was relavent 30 yrs ago.
Disgusted w govn-t Monroe

Waterbury, CT

#177 May 26, 2008
I never believe any newspapers accounting. Big city to small town, they only report & repeat what people want them to know & report. ie..the lies about WMD's & the administations lies for war.
I almost never believe any spokes- person for any law enforcement agency. They are also told what to say.
People don't realize WE DON'T HAVE RIGHTS ANYMORE!!!
The current administration, Bush & his cronies, have killed the Costitution right under our noses,right down to local law enforcement. Since 9-11 & the patriot act that they signed without reading took our rights away in a time of war. Law enforcement can do anything they want now. Doesn't make it right, just the right to do wrong. Listen in on our phones, pc's, mail. Come into your house with a useless warrent. Check your car with no reason, etc...Look to Texas. Police come to a religious community (not compound) seperate homes, on seperate streets like a small town with one community building, The Church, and RAID it with tanks, guns and swat teams and remove all the children!!!!! based on one girls report,(not found)yet.
Where's the outcry & uproar!
If that happened in Easton, oops, it did! under Kapinski.
Boy Scout & school bus driver PEDIFILE Stephen (Skippy) Toth took little boys across state lines & EASTON NAMED A PARK FOR HIM!!! where children play. Way to go Easton.
No uproar about that.
Blame the higher ups for their disgusting running of government. Not the officers that are thrown into a situation they cannot control. ie.. our soldiers in the Armed Forces.
MIKE

AOL

#178 May 26, 2008
Disgusted w govn-t Monroe wrote:
I never believe any newspapers accounting. Big city to small town, they only report & repeat what people want them to know & report. ie..the lies about WMD's & the administations lies for war.
I almost never believe any spokes- person for any law enforcement agency. They are also told what to say.
People don't realize WE DON'T HAVE RIGHTS ANYMORE!!!
The current administration, Bush & his cronies, have killed the Costitution right under our noses,right down to local law enforcement. Since 9-11 & the patriot act that they signed without reading took our rights away in a time of war. Law enforcement can do anything they want now. Doesn't make it right, just the right to do wrong. Listen in on our phones, pc's, mail. Come into your house with a useless warrent. Check your car with no reason, etc...Look to Texas. Police come to a religious community (not compound) seperate homes, on seperate streets like a small town with one community building, The Church, and RAID it with tanks, guns and swat teams and remove all the children!!!!! based on one girls report,(not found)yet.
Where's the outcry & uproar!
If that happened in Easton, oops, it did! under Kapinski.
Boy Scout & school bus driver PEDIFILE Stephen (Skippy) Toth took little boys across state lines & EASTON NAMED A PARK FOR HIM!!! where children play. Way to go Easton.
No uproar about that.
Blame the higher ups for their disgusting running of government. Not the officers that are thrown into a situation they cannot control. ie.. our soldiers in the Armed Forces.
What you refer to is federal law not local; Patriot Act etc... that has nothing to do with locals getting a search or arrest warrant.
A FORGIVING VICTIM

Hebron, CT

#179 May 26, 2008
To the Neighbors who lied - Shame on you, you know who you are and if you can sleep at night you are no better than a criminal!!

To the Posters who rely on the Media - Take a look back at many of the news broadcasts and other media sources over the last week and you will see conflicting reports. Remember the first reports said the police officers were shot. If so, who shot them, remember no smoking gun!!

To the families and friends of all directly involved forgive all the ignorance from those who use these posts as their entertainment because they have nothing better to do and before anyone accuses me of the same, my goal is that at least one person involved will have a second thought and do the right thing come forward and tell the real story of that day - again you know who you are and you can stop all of this! By the way no mention of tox screens on either of the men? Easy enough to find out but yet unreported.

To Gonzalo - Wrong place wrong time?

To Ron - Things have not been great for you in recent years, you were trying to help yourself and others sometimes misguided. If you are doing what is right the truth will come out it always does and if it is as you say everything else will fall into place. You may have done some bad things but you also have helped many people. You gave charitably, selflessly to a fault. You trusted and helped others at your own expense. People posting here will not know this nor do they care because some only want to focus on the bad because obviously they are perfect and never done anything wrong.

Remember all of you out there who really think you know what's going on, Nothing is as it seems.

At the end of the day someone is dead. Don't be so self righteous. If you are getting pleasure out of someone else's pain you are no better than anyone else. Tragedy, crime, drugs can and does happen to anyone. We live in a world that is not perfect and if you think this can't happen in your own life and you can control it you are sadly mistaken. What's even worse is that you go on thinking it can't happen it will happen.

Stop the cycle, stop supporting misuse of the media and let the parties involved find the real truth.

There are many family members and friends who are being affected by this tragic chain of events. Some of you reading this will care and the cynics will post obnoxious, lame, and downright stupid comments because once again they know all, they see all so they must be clairvoyant.

With that said have some compassion for everyone because all involved are victims!
MIKE

AOL

#180 May 26, 2008
"my goal is that at least one person involved will have a second thought and do the right thing come forward and tell the real story of that day - again you know who you are and you can stop all of this! By the way no mention of tox screens on either of the men? Easy enough to find out but yet unreported."
Do you know "the real story"?
BTW autopsy reports could take up to two months to be released. That is the norm.
A FORGIVING VICTIM

Hebron, CT

#181 May 26, 2008
MIKE wrote:
"my goal is that at least one person involved will have a second thought and do the right thing come forward and tell the real story of that day - again you know who you are and you can stop all of this! By the way no mention of tox screens on either of the men? Easy enough to find out but yet unreported."
Do you know "the real story"?
BTW autopsy reports could take up to two months to be released. That is the norm.
The only people that really know what is reality are those that were there regarding the autopsy results they were revealed and this situation is hardly the norm. Regarding tox screens - where there is a will there is a way.
MIKE

AOL

#182 May 27, 2008
Yeah its a huge cover up. The Easton cops, their supervisors, the swat team (from several different towns), the State Police Major Crime Squad, the EMS who transported the guy, the neighbors, the ER staff, the Medical Examiners, and the States Attorney and his investigators all had a big meeting and came up with a story and no one told their co-workers, friends or family what REALLY happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A 1959 Alfa Romeo 1600 receives new upholstery ... 11 hr Gavone 7
News P.T. Barnum, Bridgeport mayor and inspiration 11 hr Gavone 5
News Change considered for Harbor Yard ballpark 11 hr Gavone 3
News Carfax: SUV Involved In Fatal Police Shooting O... 14 hr BPT 1
News Man asleep behind wheel charged with DUI 19 hr kosher nostra 5
News Bridgeport man accused of assaulting police off... Mon America Gentleman... 1
News Bridgeport man pleads guilty to offering teen f... Mon Gavone 7

Trumbull Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages