Easton recovering from police raid

Easton recovering from police raid

There are 199 comments on the Connecticut Post story from May 19, 2008, titled Easton recovering from police raid. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

The Dogwood Drive home where a Norwalk man was killed during a police raid Sunday was the target of neighborhood complaints about loud parties and cars coming and going late into the night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

Fairfield Taxpayer II

United States

#21 May 20, 2008
Mr Stratford wrote:
The warrant for a search and seizure was because the Chief thought there may be a gun in the house? This is turning into a police state. Wake up people, your rights are being stripped away. This man died for our rights! Don't let his death be in vein.
The guy died because he was a criminal and breaking the law and probably selling drugs to your kids. You need to wake up!
Tarl

Piscataway, NJ

#22 May 20, 2008
Funny stuff on this blog!

Mr Stratford lives in Stratford so having a neighbor like this wouldn't bother him.

The attorney is a known snake, he will only pop up for headlines or local crime bosses...next he will say they were watching 'The Brady Bunch'
Tarl

Piscataway, NJ

#23 May 20, 2008
No you dont need a permit to own a pistol in your house..just to carry...also cant be a felon
Tarl

Piscataway, NJ

#24 May 20, 2008
Maybe if the 2 guys had some coffee brewing for the cops this wouldn't have happened..LOL...talk to the neigbors up there...house was a nightmare...bet they are planning a block party
Asbestos Head

Elmhurst, IL

#25 May 20, 2008
"He said the two men had met at the home Sunday afternoon to discuss setting up a local employment agency"

Are they on drugs, there are no jobs in this state !
FedUp

United States

#26 May 20, 2008
aces wrote:
question. Do tou need a permit for a handgun in your qwn house? anyone know
No you don't.

You need a permit to buy or carry a gun, but you don't need a permit to have one in the house.
aces

Woodstock, CT

#27 May 20, 2008
CT post says neither men had criminal history except a dwi for the deceased man. So if you know they are drug dealers you probably have bought or sold some to them yourself.
aces

Woodstock, CT

#28 May 20, 2008
why do the police get a warrant if it is legal to owwn a gun?
FedUp

United States

#29 May 20, 2008
The man who lived in the home appears to have been involved with drugs. Perhaps a dealer.

No evidence the man killed was. Guilt by association?

Even if there was a drug sales operation going on in the house, was this really the best way to address it?

Couldn't they have knocked on the door and said they had a search warrant and given them the chance to cooperate? Did they have to throw tear gas in and then break down the door?

Imagine that happened to you. How would you react? These guys apparently didn't even have guns!

Is this still America? These guys weren't wanted for murder or anything like that. The way this was handled was TOTALLY WRONG.

Cops are getting so out of control, they think they're above the law because they are the law. Look at the cops being fired in PA for beating up someone. That happened to get caught on tape by a new helicoptor -- think how many incidents that must happen where they don't get caught.

Yes, if you don't break the law you won't be affected, but someday if it keeps going like this maybe you will and then you'll wake up to the civil rights that are disapearing in this country.
Central Scrutinizer

Knightsen, CA

#30 May 20, 2008
Yep, sounds like these two were just hanging out watching tv...previous crack pipes, guns...attacking police on entry...hmmmm. When do we get to find out what else was in the house?
Jenn_Monroe

Norwalk, CT

#31 May 20, 2008
Just remember before those of you shoot from the hip about "untrained police" and "becoming a police state" these are the people who are protecting YOU from people like this living in your neighborhoods. I come from a family of cops and "overpaid" is not a word I would use to describe someone who is putting their life on the line everyday for you and me. Their salaries are public...feel free to look them up. It's their job to keep order, keep your dad from beating up on your mom, finding your lost pet, protecting your children. I personally don't have a problem with them keeping drunks off the road, riff raff out of my town, and people from speeding through neighborhoods where kids are playing. If that is the way you feel, then maybe you should move out.
Central Scrutinizer

Knightsen, CA

#32 May 20, 2008
I agree though, a more peaceful approach probably would have ended better. RIP Gonzalo...
MORON COMMENTS

Norwalk, CT

#33 May 20, 2008
FedUp wrote:
The man who lived in the home appears to have been involved with drugs. Perhaps a dealer.
Even if there was a drug sales operation going on in the house, was this really the best way to address it?
Couldn't they have knocked on the door and said they had a search warrant and given them the chance to cooperate? Did they have to throw tear gas in and then break down the door?
Imagine that happened to you. How would you react? These guys apparently didn't even have guns!
Is this still America? These guys weren't wanted for murder or anything like that. The way this was handled was TOTALLY WRONG.
Cops are getting so out of control, they think they're above the law because they are the law. Look at the cops being fired in PA for beating up someone. That happened to get caught on tape by a new helicoptor -- think how many incidents that must happen where they don't get caught.
Yes, if you don't break the law you won't be affected, but someday if it keeps going like this maybe you will and then you'll wake up to the civil rights that are disapearing in this country.
HE CAME CHARGING AT THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!! WHAT PART OF THAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!
I HOPE THIS GUY MOVES NEXT DOOR TO YOU AND THEN LET'S SEE HOW YOU FEEL!
THIS WOULD NOT HAPPEN TO YOU IF YOU DID NOT GAVE HOOKERS AND DRUGS AT YOUR HOUSE! READ THE NEIGHBOR'S COMMENTS.
SOME SERIAL KILLERS DO NOT HAVE POLICE RECORDS!
Central Scrutinizer

Knightsen, CA

#34 May 20, 2008
Tarl wrote:
Funny stuff on this blog!
Mr Stratford lives in Stratford so having a neighbor like this wouldn't bother him.
The attorney is a known snake, he will only pop up for headlines or local crime bosses...next he will say they were watching 'The Brady Bunch'
Hey Screw you!:-) Stratford isn't so bad..Sorry we can't all live in Ffld..I grew up in Westport when it wasn't such a ridiculous place...and back then we thought Ffld was scum... funny how everyone thinks the other towns around are so lowly.
aces

Woodstock, CT

#35 May 20, 2008
Maybe the post can get a copy of the search warrant. This event has affected 3 police departments. Trumbull now has an officer who shot a man and will be on desk duty until the investigation wraps up. I hope all this was warranted. Either way this is all a result of the EASTON chief of police. The officers were just reacting to threat brought on by 2 probably terrified people running for there lives. Also the EASTON police should have been leading the way
Good Job Police

Oxford, CT

#36 May 20, 2008
Idiots wrote:
you are a bunch of idiots. they are DRUG DEALERS and had a gun. the police were correct in their actions and now we have one less scumbag DRUG DEALER in this world. THANK YOU POLICE for doing your jobs and protecting us.
This person is the only one who knows what they are talking about. The press isn't allowed to give out evidence, so you will be left in the dark. They are only doing their jobs, & they are doing a great job of it. Thank you police for all that you do for us.
Good Job Police

Oxford, CT

#37 May 20, 2008
FedUp wrote:
Wow, your an idiot. Must be great being so ignorant. Police are here to protect & serve. If it weren't for them then there would be drug dealers & addicts living in your neighborhood that would B&E your house & murder you & your family for money for drugs. You should thank them for all they do for you.
Good Job Police

Oxford, CT

#38 May 20, 2008
aces wrote:
Maybe the post can get a copy of the search warrant. This event has affected 3 police departments. Trumbull now has an officer who shot a man and will be on desk duty until the investigation wraps up. I hope all this was warranted. Either way this is all a result of the EASTON chief of police. The officers were just reacting to threat brought on by 2 probably terrified people running for there lives. Also the EASTON police should have been leading the way
You do not understand how the police dept works, so I can see how you can be confused. But do not make comments until you know what your talking about.
GarytheRetard

United States

#39 May 20, 2008
Bababouey !
aces

Woodstock, CT

#40 May 20, 2008
i don't think they were drug dealers. When i lived in bridgeport the drug dealers ran things very quietly. The guy across my street sold for 10 years. Never saw a cop the whole time until his last day of freedom. I think he got about 20 years for that and other crimes.Think he lost the house and cars too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
superman casoria 7 hr superman casoria 5
News Bridgeport Police Taking Measures To Curb Gang ... 8 hr BPT 1
News Funeral service being held for Bridgeport man Aug 29 BPT 3
News Activist claims city ignores contaminated dirt Aug 28 Samuels Furnace Man 3
News Reputed Bridgeport gang member cleared in May 2... Aug 26 BPT 1
News Ganim reacts to mass shooting Aug 24 America Gentleman... 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing (Jan '16) Aug 24 MaggieHelck 50

Trumbull Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Trumbull Mortgages