Easton recovering from police raid

The Dogwood Drive home where a Norwalk man was killed during a police raid Sunday was the target of neighborhood complaints about loud parties and cars coming and going late into the night. Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
amazed

Waterbury, CT

#183 May 27, 2008
do you really know what happened?

it may not be a cover-up per se, though it was flimsy from the start and we have heard very little since, but it seems to many to be a gross miscarriage of police power.

i won't dignify the incident by using the term 'justice' because that seems to have had little to do with it.
A FORGIVING VICTIM

East Berlin, CT

#184 May 27, 2008
MIKE wrote:
Yeah its a huge cover up. The Easton cops, their supervisors, the swat team (from several different towns), the State Police Major Crime Squad, the EMS who transported the guy, the neighbors, the ER staff, the Medical Examiners, and the States Attorney and his investigators all had a big meeting and came up with a story and no one told their co-workers, friends or family what REALLY happened.
Mike - please take step back and think about this for a moment. The judge only signs a warrent so take him out of the equation, the swat team is a response team and don't sit around in a truck being briefed beforehand, they get a call and they respond so take the non-Easton cops out of the equation, the state police only get called in because they thought police officers were shot by civilians so take them out of the equation, EMS, ER staff, medical examinars and states attny's all after the actual incident went down. Do the math. If given the choice, I need to believe that those in power really have to regret that a life is lost, lives are forever changed including whoever shot the victim. Ultimately one person alone pulled a proverbial trigger, hopefully he can sleep at night and maybe just maybe if they did have a BIG meeting beforehand we wouldn't be wasting our time writing about it. Let's hope that personal bias wasn't at work here but I'm willing to bet there's a revolving door around some church confessionals these days! I'm sorry I had to resort to sarcasm but let's be honest we don't live in a perfect world and in this case bad decisions were made all around on all sides.
MIKE

Andover, CT

#185 May 27, 2008
A FORGIVING VICTIM wrote:
<quoted text>Mike - please take step back and think about this for a moment. The judge only signs a warrent so take him out of the equation, the swat team is a response team and don't sit around in a truck being briefed beforehand, they get a call and they respond so take the non-Easton cops out of the equation, the state police only get called in because they thought police officers were shot by civilians so take them out of the equation, EMS, ER staff, medical examinars and states attny's all after the actual incident went down. Do the math. If given the choice, I need to believe that those in power really have to regret that a life is lost, lives are forever changed including whoever shot the victim. Ultimately one person alone pulled a proverbial trigger, hopefully he can sleep at night and maybe just maybe if they did have a BIG meeting beforehand we wouldn't be wasting our time writing about it. Let's hope that personal bias wasn't at work here but I'm willing to bet there's a revolving door around some church confessionals these days! I'm sorry I had to resort to sarcasm but let's be honest we don't live in a perfect world and in this case bad decisions were made all around on all sides.
The swat team does get briefed before hand, about the layout, supects etc... They dont just show up and run in.
The state Police respond anytime an Officer shoots someone, not only if the cop is shot.
Mikey likes it

Paterson, NJ

#186 May 27, 2008
MIKE wrote:
<quoted text>
The swat team does get briefed before hand, about the layout, supects etc... They dont just show up and run in.
The state Police respond anytime an Officer shoots someone, not only if the cop is shot.
what you are you really afraid of?perhaps you lost your dealer? Face it drugs involved end of discussion.
Mikey likes it

Paterson, NJ

#187 May 27, 2008
Idiots wrote:
you are a bunch of idiots. they are DRUG DEALERS and had a gun. the police were correct in their actions and now we have one less scumbag DRUG DEALER in this world. THANK YOU POLICE for doing your jobs and protecting us.
Face it all here without a clue-They judging by stupid comments have the druggie mentality therefore foggy about right from wrong or possibly sad they lost their dealer? they should read police blotter or article in full. that is when or if they are straight. Police were doing their jobs I agree with you one less scumbag-Thanks Police for serving and protecting the decent law abiding citizens that appreciate you!
Mikey likes it

Paterson, NJ

#188 May 27, 2008
A FORGIVING VICTIM wrote:
<quoted text>Mike - please take step back and think about this for a moment. The judge only signs a warrent so take him out of the equation, the swat team is a response team and don't sit around in a truck being briefed beforehand, they get a call and they respond so take the non-Easton cops out of the equation, the state police only get called in because they thought police officers were shot by civilians so take them out of the equation, EMS, ER staff, medical examinars and states attny's all after the actual incident went down. Do the math. If given the choice, I need to believe that those in power really have to regret that a life is lost, lives are forever changed including whoever shot the victim. Ultimately one person alone pulled a proverbial trigger, hopefully he can sleep at night and maybe just maybe if they did have a BIG meeting beforehand we wouldn't be wasting our time writing about it. Let's hope that personal bias wasn't at work here but I'm willing to bet there's a revolving door around some church confessionals these days! I'm sorry I had to resort to sarcasm but let's be honest we don't live in a perfect world and in this case bad decisions were made all around on all sides.
Oh please you make us sick to our stomaches! Drugs were involved all that knew the ding dong knew it from before they were discussing"starting an employment agency" right, sure more like what yeilds the most profit crack or heroin,please cut the crap. If it looks like crap,smells like crap guess what,it's crap. stop the bull-the cops did their job
Disgusted w govn-t Monroe

Middlebury, CT

#189 May 28, 2008
I'm sorry but I don't believe anything the media, state, local, law enforcement, etc.
Bottom line a life is lost. IF someone on a Sunday afternoon, threw a grenade into my house in Monroe, I most certainly would make a dash for my front door to escape. Would that not be the normal response? Either the guy was running scared or passed out on the couch, which is it?
As for shots fired, that happenes in Monroe also. There are woods behind my house and I hear shots all the time. My father used to be on the roof cleaning gutters and would feel them fly by.
THERE IS SOOOOO MUCH MORE TO THIS STORY.
It's a shame we will never know the TRUTH.
Hugh E Reckshon

Orange, CT

#190 May 28, 2008
Chief Soloman & Chief Salvatore- Throw them both in jail !
Mikey likes it

Paterson, NJ

#191 May 28, 2008
CBarnett wrote:
Chief Salvatore of Monroe and Chief Solomon of Easton are directly responsible for this incredible tragedy. These two have to be held accountable. They have played games with people's lives in the past and it finally caught up to them. Instant Karma.
PULEESE find another dealer you are just pissed one of your connections was taken away. Be real and tell it like it is you got to be a druggie,you possess that mentality
Jeb

Sayreville, NJ

#192 May 29, 2008
Someone said earlier that this guy "Ron was arrested" ? Is this true? And for what reason or what were/are the charges? When are We getting the results of the investigation?(state)
It still seems incredible that Eight to Ten highly trained officers couldn't execute a warrant differently. And I don't blame them, but those that put them in this position.....?
MIKE

Andover, CT

#193 May 29, 2008
Jeb wrote:
Someone said earlier that this guy "Ron was arrested" ? Is this true? And for what reason or what were/are the charges? When are We getting the results of the investigation?(state)
It still seems incredible that Eight to Ten highly trained officers couldn't execute a warrant differently. And I don't blame them, but those that put them in this position.....?
There was an article. He was arrested on felony narcotics charges, held on $10,000.00.
Old Bridgeport Resident

Pine Brook, NJ

#194 May 29, 2008
The funniest part is that Monroe and Easton police have no real crime to go after. Gee I wonder if they could handle a day in New Haven or Bridgeport. They must be so proud of themselves! For one small incident five cars show up. Although I must admit - haven't seen one and Dunkin Donuts. We all sit here are bitch about all this crap. Do me one favor- keep our troups in your prayers they are the true everyday heros that don't belong there - Sorry to change the subject - but lets put stuff in perspective. Our real heros are overseas - bring them home!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#195 Sep 12, 2010
FedUp wrote:
<quoted text>
No you don't.
You need a permit to buy or carry a gun, but you don't need a permit to have one in the house.
And that is why I have one.
The Real Santa Claus

Hamden, CT

#196 Sep 12, 2010
It is my bedtime and to all, a good Night. Good Night Tippy and her fish and to the five Sam Brothers.
New Haven CT

Meriden, CT

#198 Apr 6, 2011
Lawman wrote:
Resistance is futile. Were not going anywhere. Better just get used to being law abiding or listen to the police when they show up, this is what happens when criminals "Think" they can do what they like and pay no attention to the legal orders of the police. Then Mastronardi shows up extolling the virtue of the victim, for a minute he almost sounded like Al Sharpton, what a tool. "Just Hanging out watching TV" when the police randomly selected the house and barged in right?
Get a grip. I have two words for Mastronardi "BJ Brown"
For you to even bring up BJ Brown as if that was Mastronardi's fault just proves that any comment you have posted on here should be disregarded, since you are clearly unable to get your facts straight. Even the Connecticut SUPREME court ruled that Mastronardi was not responsible for the murders of BJ Brown and his mother and that he was disqualified as Peeler's lawyer ILLEGALLY. Not only that, but before Mastronardi even received Brown's "anonymous" statement from the judge, he went ON THE RECORD in court and clearly stated that he and his client already knew who the "anonymous" witness is and that it was BJ Brown. That statement is on the record!!!!!!! At which point, the prosecutor (Robert Satti) should have notified Karen Clark that Peeler is aware of the fact that BJ plans on testifying against him and that protection should be reinstated. But did the state do that? NO! How dare you point finger's at Mastronardi. He was not at fault and the CT Supreme court even ruled so.

Location hidden

#199 Apr 6, 2011
aces wrote:
question. Do tou need a permit for a handgun in your qwn house? anyone know
NO,,,

Location hidden

#200 Apr 6, 2011
I used to live on Dogwood Drive in Milford. It is bedtime for Tippy and her fish and for me. And to all, a good night.

Location hidden

#201 Apr 6, 2011
Everybody: Read #196. Thank you.
Jeramy Antonovich

Crownsville, MD

#202 Sep 7, 2013
the best fr ee online dating website! video chat, send and receive messages, and flirts all free!! check it out! http://tinyurl.com/k3a3jop

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The need for an NAACP chapter 56 min Nate 9
Bass Pro Shops' promises often fall short 59 min ctprs 9
3 men plead guilty in $4M Fairfield heist 22 hr American Gentlema... 4
Troubles mount for Bridgeport's Mimi Dragone Fri Citizen44 2
Bridgeport lawyer resigns from bar under a cloud Fri Citizen44 10
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) Thu homeless person 338
Former Seymour school approved for apartment co... Thu American Gentlema... 1

Trumbull News Video

Trumbull Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Trumbull People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Trumbull News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Trumbull

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News