Easton recovering from police raid

The Dogwood Drive home where a Norwalk man was killed during a police raid Sunday was the target of neighborhood complaints about loud parties and cars coming and going late into the night. Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Paul

Paterson, NJ

#1 May 20, 2008
Why did they raid the house? I'm confused...
Guess Who

West Orange, NJ

#2 May 20, 2008
Yeah - keep looking for the evidence to jusify killing this guy. I'm sure they'll plant something to protect their own. Typical in CT and in the US. Don't trust the cops, ever. They lie, as do their lawyers.
Guess Who

West Orange, NJ

#3 May 20, 2008
Paul wrote:
Why did they raid the house? I'm confused...
Exactly, if you can tell from reading what little news is coming out, then you can assume they had no good reason for bringing a SWAT team to this rural neighborhood on a Sunday. Over-paid mercenaries looking to justify their over priced pay checks for being thugs.
Mr Stratford

Woodbury, CT

#4 May 20, 2008
The warrant for a search and seizure was because the Chief thought there may be a gun in the house? This is turning into a police state. Wake up people, your rights are being stripped away. This man died for our rights! Don't let his death be in vein.
amazing

Brookline, MA

#5 May 20, 2008
I don't see any reason to have raided this man's house. The police screwed up royally. Because he was caught with a crack pipe and a gun??? they believed they had reason to go raid the house.... I sure hope that is not there excuse!!
Idiots

Newark, NJ

#6 May 20, 2008
you are a bunch of idiots. they are DRUG DEALERS and had a gun. the police were correct in their actions and now we have one less scumbag DRUG DEALER in this world. THANK YOU POLICE for doing your jobs and protecting us.
MIKE

AOL

#7 May 20, 2008
Mr Stratford wrote:
The warrant for a search and seizure was because the Chief thought there may be a gun in the house? This is turning into a police state. Wake up people, your rights are being stripped away. This man died for our rights! Don't let his death be in vein.
I guess you'd be OK with this guy living next to you. Drive by shooting, hookers, crack heads, you'd be begging the cops to do something. Don't complain about a Police state and call the cops because your neighbor blew leaves into your yard.
LBooth

Orange, CT

#8 May 20, 2008
Just another rush to judgement by overequipped untrained police. Jumping the gun on some bad Confidential Informant Information.
aces

Newtown, CT

#9 May 20, 2008
what judge signed the search warrant. I do not want to be tried by him or her.
BAbouey

Orange, CT

#10 May 20, 2008
Let's get those cops some Martial Arts Training and they won't be so trigger happy.
Fed Up in BPT

Stamford, CT

#11 May 20, 2008
Mr Stratford wrote:
The guys are just "watching television" says the lawyer.... I guess they were just watching television when there was a drive-by shooting there May 2... give me a break PEOPLE! These were not exactly law abiding citizens!
Everyone wants the cops to protect them and when they do they're crucified!!
I'm glad the police protected themselves from someone charging at them.....
The police would of died in "VAIN" if they chose to wait and see or pull out taser as some of you very smart people have suggested .......
And it's "vain" looser.. not "vein"!
Your comments reflect your education level MORON.
Fed Up in BPT

Stamford, CT

#12 May 20, 2008
aces wrote:
what judge signed the search warrant. I do not want to be tried by him or her.
If you continue to OBEY the law, I guess you won't have to worry about that. Now, if you have hookers and drugs at your house then I'd be worried..
Mike

Bridgeport, CT

#13 May 20, 2008
HELLO TRIGGER-HAPPY COPS:

Have you ever heard of a TASER???
amazed

Waterbury, CT

#14 May 20, 2008
whether he had a permit for the gun might be a relevant question, but overall this sounds like a pretty flimsy excuse to break into a person's home and kill a person and legally(?). if this kind of aggression were pushed, half the homes in the state could be broken into by these uniformed thugs.

i hope all the muncipalities that participated in this outrage are sued up the wazoo. maybe the taxpayers who foot the bill for this operation will see that it is better controlled in the future and that less lethal means are found for carrying out its mission.

not much difference in my book if an innocent person is shot dead by a cop or a criminal. the innocent person is still dead but having the 'state' responsible for needless death is repugnant and should not be tolerated.
Fairfield Taxpayer II

United States

#15 May 20, 2008
Idiots wrote:
you are a bunch of idiots. they are DRUG DEALERS and had a gun. the police were correct in their actions and now we have one less scumbag DRUG DEALER in this world. THANK YOU POLICE for doing your jobs and protecting us.
I agree. The police aren't going to raid a house at random. They had reasons. Apparently, this guy and house were investigated in the past and just last month there was a shooting there. Don't judge the police until you have the whole story and even then, they don't raid innocent people's homes, just the ones who are messing up this world.
RGuzinya

Orange, CT

#16 May 20, 2008
To the Easton Chief and the Monroe Chief- Check your liability insurance. You're gonna need it increased.
RicardoTubbs

Orange, CT

#17 May 20, 2008
Didn't the Chief of Easton work as an Inspector at the chief states attorneys office?-The very body investigating this event?
Makes one wonder how fair Solomons friends will be to the dead man.
MIKE

AOL

#18 May 20, 2008
amazed wrote:
whether he had a permit for the gun might be a relevant question, but overall this sounds like a pretty flimsy excuse to break into a person's home and kill a person and legally(?). if this kind of aggression were pushed, half the homes in the state could be broken into by these uniformed thugs.
i hope all the muncipalities that participated in this outrage are sued up the wazoo. maybe the taxpayers who foot the bill for this operation will see that it is better controlled in the future and that less lethal means are found for carrying out its mission.
not much difference in my book if an innocent person is shot dead by a cop or a criminal. the innocent person is still dead but having the 'state' responsible for needless death is repugnant and should not be tolerated.
By an innocent person you mean a guy who charges at a cop ignoring the Officers commands while executing a lawfull search warrant?
aces

Newtown, CT

#19 May 20, 2008
question. Do tou need a permit for a handgun in your qwn house? anyone know
CBarnett

Orange, CT

#20 May 20, 2008
Chief Salvatore of Monroe and Chief Solomon of Easton are directly responsible for this incredible tragedy. These two have to be held accountable. They have played games with people's lives in the past and it finally caught up to them. Instant Karma.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson citizens just don't get it. 31 min Savages Gone Savage 19
Fist Fight Erupts Over Woman Taking Extra Plast... 8 hr American Gentlema... 9
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 9 hr Commander Bunny 213
Happy Thanksgiving To All (Nov '13) 14 hr BPT 16
Bridgeport fires employee accused of swiping co... 15 hr Nano Naughty 6
Where is Ava & Tuko (Mar '08) 17 hr The Tippy Brothers 48
Cops search Seaside Park for Bianca Lebron's re... (Aug '09) 18 hr The Tippy Brothers 41

Trumbull News Video

Trumbull Dating
Find my Match

Trumbull People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Trumbull News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Trumbull

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:16 am PST

NBC Sports 7:16AM
Odell Beckham gives all the love to the glove
Bleacher Report12:05 PM
Betting Odds, Prediction for Giants vs. Jags
NBC Sports 1:49 PM
Sanchez leads Eagles to touchdown on opening drive
Bleacher Report 5:10 PM
5 Bold Predictions for New York Jets' Week 13 Matchup
Bleacher Report 9:04 PM
Is SF's Season over After Thanksgiving Loss?