Rally calls for 'Justice for Trayvon'

Jul 17, 2013 Full story: Connecticut Post 60

Daee Muhammad speaks durnig a demonstration protesting the acquital of George Zimmerman, in front of the U.S. District Courthouse in downtown Bridgeport, Conn.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sunny day

Naugatuck, CT

#41 Jul 25, 2013
Weiner is going to be the next mayor of New York City.
New Yorkers like exciting celebrity mayors, and right now , it's Mr. Celebrity vs a bunch of obscure municipal pettifoggers. The greatest among them, Christine Quinn,is in tailspin right now. Now of the others inspire more than yawns.
Weiner can be stopped only if a bigger celebrity enters the race . Hillary Clinton, say, could easily beat him or Bill Clinton. Neither of them lives in the city right now, but "carpetbagger" is not a meaningful term of abuse in New York.
And speaking of Bill Clinton , his sexual escapades involved actual sex with a whole lot of actual women, in person, plus lots of lying about it, and yet almost no one holds that again him.
Weiner is getting none of that love from the pundits or media. The absence of mingled body fluids,or even nudity, has not stopped all the New Yorkers papers from denouncing him. It's not an offense against martial purity, it's an offense against their good taste. Sexting with online strangers is tacky, and there are pictures.
Maybe if some passerby had snapped a photo of bill clinton with his penis in an intern's mouth,he would have been impeached.
But this is 2013, and there are cameras in every phone and every computers, cameras in every traffic light, security cameras trained on every doorway, floor-level cameras peering up women's skirts, nude images of every airline passengers.
From here on, there will always be pictures.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#42 Jul 25, 2013
My good people
Stick to the subjectt. Thank you.
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

#43 Jul 26, 2013
Burton Weinstein wrote:
How about the yambos decide that it IS cool to get an education and not all of them aspire to play hoops in the nba or be a rapper... what if they decided to dress appropriately and speak normal english, not ebonics like "ax" or "dem" or "he be" or "dey gots" or on and on and on... how about if they conformed to normal society and weren't always crying about being victimized or "desciminated uhginst". Keep listening to Rev Al and Jackson and see where that gets you. If you could get your head out of your ass and apply yourself to getting an "eddycashun" you just might find that all the BS you've been fed for generations is just that. Stop crying about being a victim and looking for the forty acres and a mule that is not coming. Stand up for YOURSELF, look out for YOURSELF, don't listen to the race baiters, GET AN EDUCATION, stop "hangin wit de homeys" and feeling like you are owed something! Bust your ass and get educated and you WILL make it!
That about says it all! Do you think they got the message?
Probably not. Too much for them to read and comprehend.
Nulli Secundus

Danbury, CT

#44 Jul 26, 2013
Trayvon got the justice that he deserved. The justice that every noogger deserves.
ffctguitar

Norwalk, CT

#45 Jul 27, 2013
I am a black homosexual
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

#47 Jul 28, 2013
ffctguitar wrote:
I am a black homosexual
We all have our problems pal, but try to keep up with the topic, OK?
Butt lube on your own time.
ffctguitar

Norwalk, CT

#48 Jul 28, 2013
lifeisshort
ARE you black like me
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

#49 Jul 29, 2013
ffctguitar wrote:
lifeisshort
ARE you black like me
Nope. I'm a pure, civilized, straight white and proud of it.
CTM

Southbury, CT

#50 Jul 29, 2013
There's been ignorance on all sides of racism since it started, ignorance is the fuel for such stupidity. But "Stand your ground" for Zimmerman? Name soumds jewish, lots of jewish lawyers and politicians doing crooked things in the name of "business". Check some of the Occupy Wall Street discussions. What I have never heard in this argument is what happened to Trayvons rights under "Stand your ground"? Seems some guy started following him in a car, got out, went up to him and was threatening enough to have Trayvon feel he should defend himself, then the guy pulls out a gun and shoots him! This is after he was told to stop following Trayvon. That's what I see in the current time,now.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#51 Jul 29, 2013
CTM wrote:
There's been ignorance on all sides of racism since it started, ignorance is the fuel for such stupidity. But "Stand your ground" for Zimmerman? Name soumds jewish, lots of jewish lawyers and politicians doing crooked things in the name of "business". Check some of the Occupy Wall Street discussions. What I have never heard in this argument is what happened to Trayvons rights under "Stand your ground"? Seems some guy started following him in a car, got out, went up to him and was threatening enough to have Trayvon feel he should defend himself, then the guy pulls out a gun and shoots him! This is after he was told to stop following Trayvon. That's what I see in the current time,now.
You skipped the part where Zimmerman was clearly getting pummelled and in fear of his life. As stated by 2 witnesses in court, the medical examiner, and the photos of a bloodied Zimmerman. You also forgot to mention the clearly aggressive punk personality of Martin, who within the last 24 hours before he got shot had bragged of fighting, and expressed a desire to get into more fights.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#52 Jul 29, 2013
CTM wrote:
By the way, your inference about Zimmerman sounding jewish and crooked jewish lawyers is just ridiculous. Try dealing with facts instead of weak inferences.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#53 Jul 29, 2013
Several of you ought to watch this. I'll post a link and throw a space into it.... delete the space, between 'gate' and 'way'.

http://www.th egate waypundit.com/2013/07/bill-whittle-the-lynchi...

“'never'”

Location hidden

#54 Jul 29, 2013
actually topix added more spaces... anyway, delete the spaces.
Sheeesh topix seems to cause a lot of glitches. Anyone else experience that too?
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

#55 Jul 29, 2013
CTM wrote:
Looks like you read only what you wanted to read and believe. You HAVE to get all the facts there pal before you dive in with both feet. You don't know where you're going to land. You might even end up wth both feet in your mouth - as you did! You missed a LOT of facts and you can't twist them to suit your desires.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#56 Jul 29, 2013
lifeisshort wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like you read only what you wanted to read and believe. You HAVE to get all the facts there pal before you dive in with both feet. You don't know where you're going to land. You might even end up wth both feet in your mouth - as you did! You missed a LOT of facts and you can't twist them to suit your desires.
Lifeisshort, I agree with you. Many people are getting angry opinions and not facts. And the whole narrative was basically false, as portrayed by the mainstream media. It's pretty telling.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#57 Jul 29, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
Sheeesh topix seems to cause a lot of glitches. Anyone else experience that too?
Me too.
America Gentleman Samuel

Hamden, CT

#58 Jul 29, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
No, but I do I have bad case of hemorrhoid itch, does that count?

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#59 Jul 29, 2013
martin got his justice: for all the beating he did on Zimmerman, GZ only shot at him ONCE to force him to go away.

I should think that if he WANTED to kill martin he'd at LEAST take two/three shots.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#60 Jul 30, 2013
Sol wrote:
martin got his justice: for all the beating he did on Zimmerman, GZ only shot at him ONCE to force him to go away.
I should think that if he WANTED to kill martin he'd at LEAST take two/three shots.
AND he wouldn't have been screaming for help AND he wouldn't have called the police. BTW, the police got there one minute after the shot- not enough time for most people to collect and comport themselves and make up a false story.
lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

#61 Jul 30, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
AND he wouldn't have been screaming for help AND he wouldn't have called the police. BTW, the police got there one minute after the shot- not enough time for most people to collect and comport themselves and make up a false story.
Good point.
There will always be some people that love pulling that race card out and dismissing all the facts that prove them wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trumbull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City officials seek update on probe 1 hr Connecticut Tippy 1
What Happened to Connecticut Sam? (Jan '08) 1 hr Stratford Tippy 179
WOW 12 to 24 inches of snow!!! 2 hr Citizen44 5
wheres CT Sam (May '08) 2 hr Citizen44 135
And to all (Dec '13) 6 hr Tippy 17
Teen found; "crocodile" mom released from jail 6 hr Connecticut Tippy 1
finch. .....winterstorm juno is coming 9 hr Connecticut Tippy 2

Coastal Flood Watch for Fairfield County was issued at January 25 at 8:31PM EST

Trumbull News Video

Trumbull Dating